The Student Room Group

Twin's and student finance?

My mum was wondering would we get any extra support because there is the two of us going to off university next september even though my parents joint income is over £30,000?
Reply 1
Why would you get extra support? last i checked being a twin isn't a disability, and you only get extra support over others for disabilities.
Reply 2
Nope. Looking the same doesn't rack in extra cash.
Reply 3
I think they mean because their parents will have to support two children at the same time, not extra support because they look the same!

Unfortunately I don't think there will be any help though :frown:
Reply 4
think the OP meant that their parents are going to have to support them both through university at the same time, which will obviously cause more financial strain than if just one of them was going. I'm not sure what happens in this case, try phoning Student Finance and asking them directly.
Reply 5
Original post by :)...
I think they mean because their parents will have to support two children at the same time, not extra support because they look the same!

Unfortunately I don't think there will be any help though :frown:

Yeah This is what I mean't
Reply 6
I think SF might discount a small portion of your parents earnings when assessing you for loans/grants (small being around £1k) as I've seen this happen when people have siblings at university. You should contact SF though to find out for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending