The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I went into two no entry roads in the space of a few days in central London. First was Xmas eve and second was boxing day. The second no entry was a one way road. I went in realised my problem did a three point turn safely and came out the way I went in. Im stressed, can afford to have my license takeb away can anyone let me know if I should be heavily worried or not. The first place had a cctv camera right across the road I went in. Driving in London is a headache!
Reply 21
I jumped red lights in Birmingham, entered a road end due to normal road closed then I reversed in the road, today again I entered a no entry side road then drove through. In all are there camera taking my number plate? Am I trouble? Pls be honest with me thanks .
I did what you claim to have done in London 1 week ago. I still havnt received anything yet but ive been told if you correct your mistake and its on camera then it should be alright but if you dont correct your mistake and are caught you might just receive a fine. Im worried myself may God bless our cause on the road.
Please God don't let OP drive
I drove through a no entry on purpose as a new naive egoistic show-off driver infront of my friends. Obe of the stupidest things iv done but i didnt get caught. If you live in london its VERY hard to find blindspots. Cameras are everywhere these days and you cannot hide in central london. Litrerally cameras on every.single.corner so please be careful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by TrillOwgee
I did what you claim to have done in London 1 week ago. I still havnt received anything yet but ive been told if you correct your mistake and its on camera then it should be alright but if you dont correct your mistake and are caught you might just receive a fine. Im worried myself may God bless our cause on the road.

Who told you that if you correct your mistake it should be alright? I've just had a PCN and am wondering if I have grounds to appeal? Thanks
Original post by NinaXD19
Got my license in June and got my car last week.
And in the small period of a week I managed to drive through 2 no entry roads =(
Found out it's 3 points so that would mean 6 points altogether and my license is gonee!!!!
I'm sitting here panicking. My mum told me that if i did get caught then it would come in the post a few weeks later.
So basically has anyone been through a no entry sign and got caught by a camera there? And did you get points or a fine? (Are there cameras at all no entry roads?)

Perhaps you should be more attentive to the road signs in the future, especially when driving in unfamiliar areas.

It can sometimes be several weeks before notices some through.

Any camera recording can be used as evidence - even CCTV footage from a shop at the side of the road that shows you driving the wrong way just outside the window is admissible as evidence against you.

But they can't prosecute EVERYONE who goes through one of these areas, so there is a chance that you will get off scot free.

Try to pay more attention in the future :smile:
On strawberry rd Salford a smart car police recording people going down the street with no entry sign there, when that car has gone there's a bungalow CCTV back front it's all over the property videoing cars coming down the no entry and passing on recording to police also they park there own car in front of of police smart car so it cannot be seen so if anyone goes down your getting a fine and points

Latest