The Student Room Group

Lloyds Scholars Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i've been asked to book a slot for a phone interview. anyone who has had one, what kinda questions do they ask???
I got phoned up today at 7 (which I thought was a bit late, but anyway!) to ask me to book a phone interview slot because I haven't already. Oops!
Reply 42
Original post by jdf1993
hard! and i did 2 maths a levels! :')

aha it was hard! and i did 2 maths a levels too AND im about to do maths at uni!
got a telephone interview somehow!!! even. more. scared. :s-smilie:
Reply 43
Original post by Hailey123
aha it was hard! and i did 2 maths a levels too AND im about to do maths at uni!
got a telephone interview somehow!!! even. more. scared. :s-smilie:

woah quick response when did you do the test?
Reply 44
Who else is attending the Assessment Centre in Bristol on the 22nd September? PM me if you are!
Reply 45
Wow they just called me on my mobile and booked me in for an interview. I had no idea it involved jobs or voluntary work, I just wanted some extra funding! Haha, now I have no idea what to do.
Reply 46
I think Lloyds Bank has found a way of getting itself promoted and advertised to local communities and university students on the cheap.
Reply 47
i had a telephone interview and got an email a couple of hours after telling me i'm through to the assessment part! Has anyone got an assessment in leeds on the 21st september??
Is this for only Bristol and Sheffield students?
Reply 49
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Is this for only Bristol and Sheffield students?

at the moment yes :smile:
Reply 50
Are you all talking about Lloyds TSB, or Lloyd's of London?
Reply 51
Original post by Bax-man
Are you all talking about Lloyds TSB, or Lloyd's of London?

neither.. its Lloyds Banking Group they own lloyds tsb as well as halifax scottish windows and other banking companies :smile:
Reply 52
I just did the numerical test found it quite hard hope i get through :/
Reply 53
Original post by almvp
I just did the numerical test found it quite hard hope i get through :/

You'll find out soon enough if you did well enough though! Which University are you going to? Bristol or Sheffield? And what course? I'm going to Bristol to do Economics & Finance.
Reply 54
Original post by 547Trader
You'll find out soon enough if you did well enough though! Which University are you going to? Bristol or Sheffield? And what course? I'm going to Bristol to do Economics & Finance.

i did the online test about a week ago and haven't heard anything.... that mean i've probably not been sucessful? :/
Reply 55
Original post by jdf1993
i did the online test about a week ago and haven't heard anything.... that mean i've probably not been sucessful? :/

Well when I did the numerical test I did it in the morning, and early afternoon I received an email inviting me to book a phone interview :s-smilie:
Reply 56
Had the Assessment Centre Yesterday!
Reply 57
How was it?? What did you have to do? Have been invited to book mine :s
Reply 58
Original post by hannahdar
How was it?? What did you have to do? Have been invited to book mine :s

It was okay, I think :smile: They will tell you more about what is involved nearer the time. You do a competency-based interview, a group exercise and a case study.

You will find out a lot more about the scheme, and how good it really is. There seems to be a lot of potential to be reached if you win it. But I was surprised at how tiring the day was though!

I enjoyed the day nevertheless. It was also a good opportunity to meet other candidates going to the same uni as you, and it's a great experience in preparation for the future if you are planning on applying for graduate schemes etc.

Good Luck!
Reply 59
Wha is the telephone interview like? do they ask specific questions about the economy or more general ones? xx

Quick Reply

Latest