The Student Room Group

7 retakes...viable?

Failed AS badly. C,E,U,U

C1,C2,Econ1,Econ2,M1,English Unit 1, Physics unit 1 (Maybe) (Dropped phys, but for extra UMS)

Doing these 7 retakes alongside A2 exams is it possible?
Looking for A's & B's. Reason for failure in AS - Laziness.
Reply 1
Original post by MoltenLava
Failed AS badly. C,E,U,U

C1,C2,Econ1,Econ2,M1,English Unit 1, Physics unit 1 (Maybe) (Dropped phys, but for extra UMS)

Im doing 6. Just work hard from day 1 infact get off TSR and start NOWW. Wait a sec how ru doing A2 if u failed 2/4?
Reply 2
I had six exams in the Jan A2 year...got all b's. You'll be worse off so get to work ASAP
Reply 3
Original post by nmudz_009
Im doing 6. Just work hard from day 1 infact get off TSR and start NOWW. Wait a sec how ru doing A2 if u failed 2/4?

No idea. She said, you made it to A2 by the skin of your teeth.
Reply 4
No idea. She said, you made it to A2 by the skin of your teeth.

What subjects are you doing for A2
Reply 5
What subjects are you doing for A2

Maths
Eco
Eng
Reply 6
Maths
Eco
Eng

How do you plan to be predicted high enough in these subjects to be offered a uni place?
Reply 7
How do you plan to be predicted high enough in A2 to be offered a uni place?

No idea to be honest.
Reply 8
No idea to be honest.

Resit the year.
Reply 9
I'm doing 6 retakes. It's going to be well hard but others have done it before....My cousin sat ALL his AS and A2 papers in one year (he basically failed AS big time)...managed to get out of A2 with BBC.
Doable, but it'll be hard work, especially for someone who will admit himself that the bad grades were due to laziness in the first place.
Reply 11
Original post by Daydreamer18
Doable, but it'll be hard work, especially for someone who will admit himself that the bad grades were due to laziness in the first place.

Yeah, laziness has always been my problem...but I'm willing to kick it into fifth gear.
Reply 12
Resit the year.

Not really an option, I don't want to.
I did 12 exams in the summer just gone; Econ3, Econ4, C3,C4,M1,M2,FP1,FP2,FP3,FP4,S1,S2
6 of which were retakes I think.. Ended up with a B in economics, B in maths (5 marks off an A) and C in further maths.
I ended up doing that because I was lazy and yeahh, now Im doing a few retakes in January to move the grades up a little bit more, then hopefully uni in september.
Its possible, just a lot of hard work, I ended up with BBC with what I thought was quite alot of work :L Good luck!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Failed AS badly. C,E,U,U

If I were you I'd simply redo your first year of college.
Reply 15
just resit the year instead OP

i have friend who did and it paid off at the end :smile:
Not really an option, I don't want to.

You'll forced to take a gap year if at uni u wna do something decent an btw you need to get high grades this time round for that. It'll be easier if you dont have to worry about/revise for AS units. That said if you do manage to pull off some good A2 grades, you'll have a year to get experience/ find a job/ make your PS/ application better for when you reapply. You'll also be one year behind if you resit the year but getting good enuff grades to be able to apply to a good course will be easier. Unless you want to apply to something like medicine but even with medicine getting n offer its just probrably just as likely as if you do take a gap year.

It's your choice whether you want to go after grades or experience but in my opinion grades get you further.
Reply 17
You'll forced to take a gap year if at uni u wna do something decent an btw you need to get high grades this time round for that. It'll be easier if you dont have to worry about/revise for AS units. That said if you do manage to pull off some good A2 grades, you'll have a year to get experience/ find a job/ make your PS/ application better for when you reapply. You'll also be one year behind if you resit the year but getting good enuff grades to be able to apply to a good course will be easier. Unless you want to apply to something like medicine but even with medicine getting n offer its just probrably just as likely as if you do take a gap year.

It's your choice whether you want to go after grades or experience but in my opinion grades get you further.

I don't think my parents will be in support of me doing the year again..
Failed AS badly. C,E,U,U

Wow, seven! Well, nothing's impossible, just highly improbable.

But you said you failed because of laziness. So, I think if you put your mind to it, you are capable of doing well.

Btw, I'm retaking, four exams ( i think). But in some of my subjects such as history, I am doing cw at A2...so at that time I'll be able to do a resit exam. If that is the case for you aswell, then retaking an exam may not seem as daunting asyou'll have one less exam in a different subject.

Hopethat makes sense lol
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest