The Student Room Group

Sounds like a stupid question, but why don't peole take LSD?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amy2201
I am not angry. I am not having a go. It just seems to me, that whenever the topic of drugs comes up, on any website or in any kind of discussion, you get people who get all defensive about drugs not being harmful. Yes, they are harmful. And like you said, when not taken properly.

You say you should research drugs before you take them (which I agree, if you're planning to take them in the future, then that would be wise), well as a question to everyone of this opinion, what about people who are peer-pressured? Can they plan for it? Also, I personally dont see why you would plan to take drugs. I really dont see why anyone would take them at all.

I am not having a go. I just dont appreciate being told I am ignorant when I am not at all. Granted, I know very little about LSD, but I do know that under the wrong circumstances, it can be harmful (AS PREVIOUSLY STATED BY THE WAY). I also have said that in previous posts, that everything in moderation is fine. And I mean pretty much everything. For example, my sister has taken various drugs once or twice when out, she hangs out in a group where that is common practise but is a completely normal person and it hasnt had any long term effects.

Stuff like cocaine and heroin, although not what this thread is about, have been brought up, so as a comment towards those, I think they are absolutely vile. I know not everyone gets addicted, I know that if researched and what not, then they *could* be fairly safe.

My personal opinion is that although not all drugs kill on the first go or get you hooked right away, taking drugs puts you in a vulnerable position. You need people you trust around you when you take them, and sadly this isnt the case with a lot of people. Alcohol does this as well, which is why I drink but dont get drunk. And before you say thats a lie, I have said this about 3 times before, and its absolutely true. I have been drunk in the past about 4 or 5 times, but I wouldn't again.

Everything you have said, I pretty much agree with. I have said over and over that everything in moderation is fine. So why are we still having this conversation? Why are you still going on and on, when really we agree. Its like you've only payed attention to one sentence in my whole reply which says "drugs are dangerous" and got yourself up on your high horse about it. Drugs ARE dangerous. The same way knives are dangerous when put into the wrong hands. And this is the point I have been making OVER and OVER again, but you dont listen.

I was just saying why I would not take drugs (after all, this is what the OP was asking in the first place), and that is because they can be very dangerous and I value my health. I wouldn't want to take them, even after 'researching' them because everyone's limit is different, and what might get you just to the right point that you want to be at, could make me very very ill. I have said before, that the reason I wouldnt take drugs is because I would not want to see the affect they have on me.

Okay. I think we are reaching a point now where largely we do agree with each other. Previous posts of yours, did not come across in the same way this one did. I agree with most of what you have said in this post, but in previous posts you seemed to be talking quite a bit of nonsense, maybe you just weren't being overly clear in what you were saying. and thus I misinterpreted.
Original post by rj1990
Yeah "medical trials"......how often do you see an alcoholic taking LSD while doing their everyday business?

Look, LSD is a Class A drug. And is extremely potent so don't start getting medical and trying to tell me it is less harmful than alcohol ffs!

Go and take some LSD, trip for hours on end and tell me it is less dangerous than alcohol! :angry:

Alcohol could kill you. LSD is pretty much impossible to overdose on, and in no way the same league for physical affects. LSD can harm you psychologically, but only if you've not in a state to take it and particularly if you're on your own (i.e. why 'set and setting' is so important).

But alcohol is pretty ****ing terrible for you, and I've been in far worse states drinking than after taking acid.

Go read Erowid and shut the **** up, basically.

Basically, drugs are as harmful as we make them, in a lot of ways. Create a big, scary web of misinformation around them, and people will get hurt, and not because they have to. I suffer with depression and anxiety, and was pretty careful the first time I tried acid - I read up on it, and made sure I was with good friends having a good time and not to take too much of it (I did a mild dose). It's not a problem drug unless you do it spontaneously, and I'd be extremely wary of doing it whilst under the influence of alcohol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RedRevolver
Alcohol could kill you. LSD is pretty much impossible to overdose on, and in no way the same league for physical affects. LSD can harm you psychologically, but only if you've not in a state to take it and particularly if you're on your own (i.e. why 'set and setting' is so important).

But alcohol is pretty ****ing terrible for you, and I've been in far worse states drinking than after taking acid.

Go read Erowid and shut the **** up, basically.

Basically, drugs are as harmful as we make them, in a lot of ways. Create a big, scary web of misinformation around them, and people will get hurt, and not because they have to. I suffer with depression and anxiety, and was pretty careful the first time I tried acid - I read up on it, and made sure I was with good friends having a good time and not to take too much of it (I did a mild dose). It's not a problem drug unless you do it spontaneously, and I'd be extremely wary of doing it whilst under the influence of alcohol.

It is as harmful as a spoon
Reply 363
Worst states I've ever been in have been on alcohol, if it wasn't for the fact it's quite good at facilitating people to have sex it would have been made class A ages ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending