The Student Room Group

The "What's that song" thread - Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ice Constricter
The name of the song in this video will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt96M8oiIAQ

Can someone please name the song for me, I posted 3 months ago but got ignored on here. Why u lot mean? Someone help please :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 281
Original post by Jordan_1
Can anyone help me with a song I heard on Radio 1 last night. It was a kind of dubstep song but it had 'The Doors' kind of theme to it with Jim Morrison talking in the background!

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvI5gg9aE28

:biggrin:

Can someone please name the song for me, I posted 3 months ago but got ignored on here. Why u lot mean? Someone help please :smile:

It could be that no one knows.
Reply 284
Original post by Pandora.
Does anyone know what this song is? It's very 80s/"I Am The One And Only"-esque, and it's on an advert at the moment. The advert is meant to be funny I think, and some of the words in what I think is the chorus are "Nobody's gonna bring you down" or something like that. Sorry for being so vague, I'll keep a look out for the advert. :biggrin:

don't suppose its this is it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho
?

just came to mind when I read your post, not even sure what the advert is your referring to though
Reply 285
this is driving me nuts. definitely a summer smash in the late 90s/early 00s. used to get played around the same time as the Alice Deejay record. any takers??

please don't move this to the 'what's that song?' thread (yet) as hopefully someone will see the title and know the song :smile:
Castles in the sky?
Original post by pillow4
this is driving me nuts. definitely a summer smash in the late 90s/early 00s. used to get played around the same time as the Alice Deejay record. any takers??

please don't move this to the 'what's that song?' thread (yet) as hopefully someone will see the title and know the song :smile:

jakatta American dream?
Reply 288
its not right but i just listened to castles in the sky and it put the tune of the one im thinking of into my head. its got kind of a twangy electronic melody that loops for most of the song
kernkraft 400 zombie nation?
Reply 290
much less of a thumping beat than zombie nation. and a cleaner sound for the melody, sounds almost like electronic strings being twanged
I think the above poster is right, kernkraft 400. It was in Shaun Of The Dead if that helps at all.

Edit - Just seen OP's post. Never mind.
Reply 292
its not the kind you'd bounce around to on E, it's pretty calm. i don't think there are any words at all
I hate those mental itches.

You usually end up successfully scratching eventually but some are quite elusive.

There was this one piece from the 90s, where the video had water and bubbles and it was sort of electronic keyboard, no words. Never been able to track it down.
Reply 294
songs with no words are so hard to track down. i gave up hope trying to find out a song and about 4 years later i saw it on some advert - turned out to be darude sandstorm
Reply 296
Komodo- Mauro Picotto
Reply 297
none of these.. i'm not 100% on the 'k' in the title but it's just sticking out in my mind.
Reply 298
it's sounds pretty groovy, fairly high pitched
Original post by pillow4
songs with no words are so hard to track down. i gave up hope trying to find out a song and about 4 years later i saw it on some advert - turned out to be darude sandstorm

Funny! I love the song sandstorm and have always known it and been able to name it. I had the video stuck in my mind forever, remembered it and knew I loved it but just couldn't remember what song it was the video for, and about a fortnight ago finally found out that it was the video for sandstorm - just hadn't put 2 and 2 together.

Quick Reply

Latest