The Student Room Group

The "What's that song" thread - Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
All I can remember is it's a guy that reminds me of fatman scoop.

Not him though.

In the music video he is a giant and looks through an appartment window to some ladies dancing ..

it is a dance song.

he then takes one of the ladies and holds her in the palm of his hand..

then she pokes him or something and he shrinks down to normal size

it is a great song, if anyone knows what it is HELP!! lol

Does anyone know what this song is?

I seem to remember listening to it around the same time as the Pussycat Dolls 'jai ho'

I'm not 100% but I also think the guy does some fast rapping and also the girls in the flat when he stares through hold onto each other like the conga line and do a dance.

hmmm ... if someone knows what this song is I will be so happy, it has so many good memories.

I'm sure it was released in 2009.

it's not fat man scoop though and I think the fast rap was towards the end, nothing like twista or anything.

What I did earlier was went through the top 40 archives but could not find it,,

One thing is for sure though, well almost .. there was no 'DJ' in the title of the song or in the name of the artist.

man I love this song, another song that was released around the same time was kyla 'do you mind' and also I think september 'can't get over'.

****** UPDATE **********

The song has the violin (I think it's a violin) parts in it from Britney spears 'Toxic'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU the bit I mean is at the start of the song quite a few times :smile:

Someone must know, hopefully :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 421
Original post by tnajamie
All I can remember is it's a guy that reminds me of fatman scoop.

Not him though.

In the music video he is a giant and looks through an appartment window to some ladies dancing ..

it is a dance song.

he then takes one of the ladies and holds her in the palm of his hand..

then she pokes him or something and he shrinks down to normal size

it is a great song, if anyone knows what it is HELP!! lol

Does anyone know what this song is?

I seem to remember listening to it around the same time as the Pussycat Dolls 'jai ho'

I'm not 100% but I also think the guy does some fast rapping and also the girls in the flat when he stares through hold onto each other like the conga line and do a dance.

hmmm ... if someone knows what this song is I will be so happy, it has so many good memories.

I'm sure it was released in 2009.

it's not fat man scoop though and I think the fast rap was towards the end, nothing like twista or anything.

What I did earlier was went through the top 40 archives but could not find it,,

One thing is for sure though, well almost .. there was no 'DJ' in the title of the song or in the name of the artist.

man I love this song, another song that was released around the same time was kyla 'do you mind' and also I think september 'can't get over'.

****** UPDATE **********

The song has the violin (I think it's a violin) parts in it from Britney spears 'Toxic'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU the bit I mean is at the start of the song quite a few times :smile:

Someone must know, hopefully :smile:

Tony Yayo - Love My Style

?

I don't recall there being a video but he does sample Toxic...
Reply 422
Original post by aeterno
Tony Yayo - Love My Style

?

I don't recall there being a video but he does sample Toxic...

thanks for your help :smile: but it is not the song I am looking for.
Reply 423
Just been watching Two and a Half Men, and when Charlie crashes Jake and Eldridge's party, there is some music playing in the background. Reminds me of a mixture of Black Keys and Stone Roses...

The episode is 'Chocolate Diddlers or My Puppy's Dead'...

If anyone knows this I'd appreciate it! :smile:
Does anyone know the song which provided the background music to BBC adverts of 'The Voice' programme?
Reply 425
Original post by internet tough guy
Does anyone know the song which provided the background music to BBC adverts of 'The Voice' programme?

called 'feeling good'

At the moment michael buble has a version, but famously nina simone did it.
If you meant more specifically the version on the advert as far as I know it was a cover commissioned for the show so couldn't tell you the singer.
Reply 426
Nevermind, turns out it was the Black Keys, and worst of all I actually had their song on my ipod...
hey guys, I heard this song last night.

Male vocals, over a housey/electro song.

At one point (possibly the beginning of the song) the guy sings "stars begin to fall".
Reply 428
I heard a song on Smooth fm today between the hours of 11 AM and 1 PM. I've tried looking on their website but the 'find a song' search thing doesn't make any sense when you type in the times.

It sounds like a motown song, it's definitely an old one which has been out for years. It's a guy singing and the chorus is 'I love yoouuuuu'
Reply 429
Original post by advent2
I heard a song on Smooth fm today between the hours of 11 AM and 1 PM. I've tried looking on their website but the 'find a song' search thing doesn't make any sense when you type in the times.

It sounds like a motown song, it's definitely an old one which has been out for years. It's a guy singing and the chorus is 'I love yoouuuuu'

I've found it-Isley brothers-this old heart of mine.
Original post by carlosj
called 'feeling good'

At the moment michael buble has a version, but famously nina simone did it.
If you meant more specifically the version on the advert as far as I know it was a cover commissioned for the show so couldn't tell you the singer.

just checked, thats not it
Reply 431

It's definitely Feeling Good on the majority of The Voice adverts at least. Can you link to the specific one you're talking about?
" ... (I've just?) reached that point in my life ... "

all I can remember
Reply 433
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
" ... (I've just?) reached that point in my life ... "

all I can remember

[video="youtube;ojZS_N2XAHk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojZS_N2XAHk[/video]

?

muse

nina

adverts commonly sample song(s) thus you will need to listen to the entirety of both, perhaps even repeating segments to mimic the advert.
Original post by aeterno
It's definitely Feeling Good on the majority of The Voice adverts at least. Can you link to the specific one you're talking about?

Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
muse

nina

adverts commonly sample song(s) thus you will need to listen to the entirety of both, perhaps even repeating segments to mimic the advert.

I've just realised that there are two different adverts for 'The voice' on the bbc, because just while ago I saw one which had the tune that you two correctly pointed out. But its the background music for the other advert which I'm looking for.
Reply 436
I've just realised that there are two different adverts for 'The voice' on the bbc, because just while ago I saw one which had the tune that you two correctly pointed out. But its the background music for the other advert which I'm looking for.

care to link "the other advert" which you saw it on please?
The advert with the song we suggested is the only one I've personally seen

this is the only clip i can find for another trailer
http://youtu.be/cQR8xqGDi4Y
and thats avicii - levels
or on the bbc youtube site they also have
http://youtu.be/T9xOwzUTkCU
which is the madeon remix of Yelle - Que Veux-Tu
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by carlosj
care to link "the other advert" which you saw it on please?
The advert with the song we suggested is the only one I've personally seen

this is the only clip i can find for another trailer
http://youtu.be/cQR8xqGDi4Y
and thats avicii - levels
or on the bbc youtube site they also have
http://youtu.be/T9xOwzUTkCU
which is the madeon remix of Yelle - Que Veux-Tu

Its 'avicii - levels' :biggrin:

Thanks alot!!!!!!!

btw, around the middle part of that song, it sounded exactly the same as what I heard on another song :lolwut:, this one:

[video="youtube;3OnnDqH6Wj8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnnDqH6Wj8&list=PL406FF168C66316CF&index=39&feature=plpp_video[/video]
(edited 12 years ago)
Its 'avicii - levels' :biggrin:

btw, around the middle part of that song, it sounded exactly the same as what I heard on another song :lolwut:, this one:

Avicii's 'Levels' was written first, and then Flo Rida sampled it for his song Good Feeling. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest