The Student Room Group

Recommended places for a tattoo in Kent or nearby?

Hey, basically I was wondering if anyone knows of a really good place to get a tattoo done in Kent (or possibly Brighton as I've heard good things about places there).I literally know nothing about tattoo places and when I've done research all of the examples are of very complex pictures. It's more of a writing tattoo then a picture however I want it written very small and quite delicately and I've seen some people with very dodgy looking script tattoos! Plus when reading about small script tattoos a lot of posts emphasise the importance of an artist willing to take their time over detail. It would be similar to this http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_locgc6xkSX1qbns65o1_400.jpg but obviously saying something different, with different (probably lower case cursive) font, a LOT smaller and in a different place. I was also wondering if anyone knows how small I can go without risking smudging/blurring over time as originally I was just getting a small heart about the size of a thumbnail but wanted it to be more meaningful :smile: Thank you!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Brief bump as I posted it so late at night, hope no one minds :smile: am hoping not to end up with a godawful squiggle.
Reply 2
Evolution Skin Studios, in Canterbury, Kent. Don't go anywhere else.
Reply 3
Original post by alexxturnerr
Evolution Skin Studios, in Canterbury, Kent. Don't go anywhere else.

Cheers for that, any particular artist there or just anyone? :smile:
Reply 4
Squid ink folkestone.
Reply 5
Original post by bonjour_becky
Cheers for that, any particular artist there or just anyone? :smile:

I'd recommend Amy Savage but not sure how long her waiting list is.
Reply 6
Original post by alexxturnerr
I'd recommend Amy Savage but not sure how long her waiting list is.

Ok cheers, do I have to have a consultation with her beforehand or anything? I haven't decided where I'm going to get it yet (back of neck, ankle or hip) so I'll maybe drop in and ask some questions and that way when I've decided I can book. Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 7
Just go in the shop and they'll help you out :smile: She'll talk about what you want and then you can book in and then she'll draw it up before your appointment. She'll probably help you with placement as well.
Reply 8
Thanks! I'm really excited now :biggrin:

Quick Reply