The Student Room Group

Student finance!!

I applied for my student finance in february and thought that everything was ok, untill in may they still hadn't got back to me about my application.
It turns out that my mum hadnt filled in my forms properly so they said i was only entitled to the lowest amount :argh:. I rang them up and they said i could resend my forms and it would go through as soon as possible. However my mum doesnt work and claims job seekers and that is her only form of income, student finance are asking for her last 2 p60 forms which she doesnt have as she doesnt work. What should i do? Help!! :confused:
Original post by pear90
I applied for my student finance in february and thought that everything was ok, untill in may they still hadn't got back to me about my application.
It turns out that my mum hadnt filled in my forms properly so they said i was only entitled to the lowest amount :argh:. I rang them up and they said i could resend my forms and it would go through as soon as possible. However my mum doesnt work and claims job seekers and that is her only form of income, student finance are asking for her last 2 p60 forms which she doesnt have as she doesnt work. What should i do? Help!! :confused:

Send them at least 2 pieces of evidence showing that she claims and receives JSA. That's all you can do really.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune

Original post by PhoenixFortune
Send them at least 2 pieces of evidence showing that she claims and receives JSA. That's all you can do really.

Thankyou, do you think that maybe the last few bank statements or a letter from job seekers would be sufficient?
Original post by pear90
Thankyou, do you think that maybe the last few bank statements or a letter from job seekers would be sufficient?

When my Mum was unable to provide a P60, she sent off to the Tax Office (HMR&C) for a "statement of earnings". Perhaps you could look into that?

(I'm pretty sure they don't accept bank statements, but the letter for JSA could be acceptable.)
Reply 4
Original post by The Anti-Hero

When my Mum was unable to provide a P60, she sent off to the Tax Office (HMR&C) for a "statement of earnings". Perhaps you could look into that?

(I'm pretty sure they don't accept bank statements, but the letter for JSA could be acceptable.)

As she doesnt work though she doesnt get a p60 every year, ive tried ringing student finance but its that time of year where its stupidly busy and it takes forever to get through!
Original post by pear90
As she doesnt work though she doesnt get a p60 every year, ive tried ringing student finance but its that time of year where its stupidly busy and it takes forever to get through!

I know, but a P60 is different from a statement of earnings. My Mum didn't complete a year's employment so she couldn't get a P60 either, but she was able to get a SoE which Student Finance happily accepted and used as evidence.

Perhaps try calling your local Tax Office?
Mine was very useful, actually.
Reply 6

I know, but a P60 is different from a statement of earnings. My Mum didn't complete a year's employment so she couldn't get a P60 either, but she was able to get a SoE which Student Finance happily accepted and used as evidence.

Perhaps try calling your local Tax Office?
Mine was very useful, actually.

My mums not worked in two years, so do you think it would stil be possible for me to get a SoE?
Original post by pear90
My mums not worked in two years, so do you think it would stil be possible for me to get a SoE?

It's a slightly different situation to my own, so I'm not sure.
But it's worth a try. I mean, if they can issue a statement to say she's received no income from work, that's as good as anything, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending