The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
Original post by NightBear
Definitely. Actually, your sig is quite inspiring for us peeps sitting here with 4 rejections, lol. Goes on to show it's all worth it in the end if such a sig can be achieved :h:

yeh seriously....im no super genious?....i didint do outstanding on the admissions exams either!.....you just gotta apply tactically and make the most use of your time....believe me...when you get towards this time next year you'll be so happy you took one!....if you EVER need help PM me....check out some of my posts on other threads for advice....

good luck!
Offer!!!1 yh boi!
Reply 3002
Original post by Palladium
CONGRATS TO ALL OFFER HOLDERS!!! :smile: Quick questions to you special peeps, did you get your offer exactly two weeks after your interview?

I got mine 17 days after...

It really is an agonising wait, but worth it in the end!!
Original post by Palladium
CONGRATS TO ALL OFFER HOLDERS!!! :smile: Quick questions to you special peeps, did you get your offer exactly two weeks after your interview?

16 days later for me :smile:
Reply 3004
Okay, now. Now, I'm starting to get worried.
Original post by shooby_doo
"I am sorry that we were unable to offer you a place to study Medicine at Imperial College London. We were impressed by your performance at interview and our decision simply reflects the overwhelming competition for limited places.

I hope that you will be successful at one of your other choices however if you do not receive any offers elsewhere, you are welcome to contact us in August for consideration if we have any unfilled places."

Just wanted to know .. is this said to all rejected applicants?

I got that email too, :eek:
I hope it's the waiting list option, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high only having to be disappointed again.

Does anyone know if anyone's got in through the waiting list?

What were your AS grades and Predicted Grades?
Perhaps our interview performances were good but they were not sure we would get the grades?
Original post by Netferatu
Perhaps our interview performances were good but they were not sure we would get the grades?

Good point
I was on 2A's and 2B's in AS
And predicted 3A's .... although my latest january modular exams were abysmal ...
Original post by praj1
yeh seriously....im no super genious?....i didint do outstanding on the admissions exams either!.....you just gotta apply tactically and make the most use of your time....believe me...when you get towards this time next year you'll be so happy you took one!....if you EVER need help PM me....check out some of my posts on other threads for advice....

good luck!

Thanks mate :biggrin: Yeah, I might bombard you with a few PMs regarding gap year lol. And yes, applying tactically means a lot. My choices, apart from Imperial, were pretty much picked out of a hat :s-smilie: Not very wise now that I think about it...

I had aaaac at AS level (C being in general studies, lol). Did half an AS in Physics and RS (though I'm sure these didn't count) and was predicted A*AAA/A*A*AA.
That said, my results for January (for chemistry and biology, anyway) were shameful.
Not to mention I totally flunked the ethical scenario at the interview.
All that said, I heard someone say they can see your January module results? :L idk how much truth lies in that...

You don't have any other offers, do you? :frown:
Reply 3008
Thanks mate :biggrin: Yeah, I might bombard you with a few PMs regarding gap year lol. And yes, applying tactically means a lot. My choices, apart from Imperial, were pretty much picked out of a hat :s-smilie: Not very wise now that I think about it...

I had aaaac at AS level (C being in general studies, lol). Did half an AS in Physics and RS (though I'm sure these didn't count) and was predicted A*AAA/A*A*AA.
That said, my results for January (for chemistry and biology, anyway) were shameful.
All that said, I heard someone say they can see your January module results? :L idk how much truth lies in that...

I was always under the impression that selection for interview means they're completely happy with your academics and they don't use them further in post interview decisions...?

However having said that, I am yet to find anywhere in the prospectus or on the website where it is stated explicitly that post-interview decisions are based solely on interview performance.

I think it's generally understood that the interview performance is probably the most significant factor, but whether its the ONLY factor? I don't know... So there could well be some truth in what you're saying...

:holmes:

Edit: and I highly doubt they have access to your January exam results... If they did that would give an advantage to the people interviewed before results day over the people interviewed after. and it doesnt sound like something that UCAS would allow.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Alex J
I was always under the impression that selection for interview means they're completely happy with your academics and they don't use them further in post interview decisions...?

However having said that, I am yet to find anywhere in the prospectus or on the website where it is stated explicitly that post-interview decisions are based solely on interview performance.

I think it's generally understood that the interview performance is probably the most significant factor, but whether its the ONLY factor? I don't know... So there could well be some truth in what you're saying...

:holmes:

Edit: and I highly doubt they have access to your January exam results... If they did that would give an advantage to the people interviewed before results day over the people interviewed after. and it doesnt sound like something that UCAS would allow.

Yeah, that last bit is probably some sort of lie, lol
But, as far as I know, they only interview you if they're happy with the rest of your application. Which is why, I'm guessing, a good BMAT doesn't guarantee an interview.
Original post by shooby_doo
Good point
I was on 2A's and 2B's in AS
And predicted 3A's .... although my latest january modular exams were abysmal ...

I think we may be right, because I was on 2As and 2Bs as well. (Although I did retakes in january and now I'm on 4As). Predicted - A*AAA

Hopefully we still have a shot in August although I won't be too optimistic...

Hmmmm... Yh no offers...
Reply 3011

I think we may be right, because I was on 2As and 2Bs as well. (Although I did retakes in january and now I'm on 4As). Predicted - A*AAA

Hopefully we still have a shot in August although I won't be too optimistic...

Hmmmm... Yh no offers...

i RETOOK TONS OF THINGS....so i dont think they place much emphasis on that
You know, one of the best things of having an offer is that, now, we can give some advice to the Imperial/medicine hopefuls. I've spent the past two years PMing older students and asking for advice, and finally I can help out :L

If anybody wants some advice or wants to know my stats etc. message me (:
I just got an offer!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm so excited, cant wait to be going in october!!!
Reply 3014
Original post by Claudine

What a strange time to receive an offer! Congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by Iepnauy
What a strange time to receive an offer! Congratulations! :biggrin:

Yeah I know, it's late, but better late than never :biggrin:
Original post by Claudine

Ah congratulations! :smile:
Original post by DSal
congrats! :smile: you must be so happy! what time did you get the ucas track update?

on the 23'rd some time but I didnt read it until the 24th!!
Reply 3018
Original post by CBRcheck
You know, one of the best things of having an offer is that, now, we can give some advice to the Imperial/medicine hopefuls. I've spent the past two years PMing older students and asking for advice, and finally I can help out :L

If anybody wants some advice or wants to know my stats etc. message me (:

ditto :h:
I just checked my offer, I need a CRB check before 30th June... :O Not worried about passing, but I wouldn't have a clue how to get one! Haha, guess I'll just have to google it :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending