The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
oh na bro, too busy with this bmat for now

then im gonna relax for a week and slowly revise for jan exams while chilling, haha

what about you?

Fairs bro haha, and read a couple, went over "The Strangest Man: The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac the Quantum Genious" the other day (second time reading it :colondollar:)
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
What do you mean? as in books for BMAT? For interview? Or just for general?

signature win
Original post by noobie93
Probably the best thing to do... and no I'm applying to two BMAT universities: Imperial and Cambridge :/ therefore if I do rubbishly in this things won't be looking great for me!

Me too! Imperial and Cambridge here as well :s-smilie: In hindsight, probably not the best idea I've had :tongue:
Reply 303
Original post by oHellno
I figured there would already be a thread for 2012, but there wasn't.

Anyone else planning to apply?

I'm almost certain that I am :excited:

EDIT: Might be useful to know, the BMAT cut-off last year was: 4.9 4.9 2.5C (http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/teaching/undergraduate/medicine/admissions/requirements/)

Is this difficult to attain? I can't really understand BMAT scoring yet:/
Reply 304
Original post by WoefullyUninspired
Me too! Imperial and Cambridge here as well :s-smilie: In hindsight, probably not the best idea I've had :tongue:

I'm ICL and Cam too :smile:
What college guys?
Also, does anyone know what gives an applicant the edge for Imperial? :smile:
Original post by d3ano
What college guys?

For Imperial, its pretty much a high BMAT score :/
Reply 306
Original post by d3ano

Original post by d3ano
Is this difficult to attain? I can't really understand BMAT scoring yet:/

Depends on the person lol. Many people score much higher than that, but that score is generally considered average.
Reply 307
Original post by ViceVersa
For Imperial, its pretty much a high BMAT score :/

It says that you only need 4.9 4.9 2.5C though. Is that not relatively easy? Is this accurate? I know this was the cut off point for last year's entry, but i'm not sure hoe exactly to use that information.
Reply 308
If you were to exceed this average score discussed above. providing you had excellent academics, and didn't spend your days under a stone, would you stand a good chance? :smile:
Original post by d3ano
It says that you only need 4.9 4.9 2.5C though. Is that not relatively easy? Is this accurate? I know this was the cut off point for last year's entry, but i'm not sure hoe exactly to use that information.

Not to me, but I guess it depends on your personal view. From what I have heard, it isn't easy to get, because some people do extremely well on one section, and just below the cut off for the other :\ it's better in that sense with UCL, because they look at the overall score. But I loved Imp more so I applied here that's all :h:

Original post by d3ano
If you were to exceed this average score discussed above. providing you had excellent academics, and didn't spend your days under a stone, would you stand a good chance? :smile:

Yep you would have a good chance :yep: I'm trying to get past the BMAT first before I worry about the rest haha :smile:
Reply 310
I'm so worried because i've also applied to Cambridge, and Magdalene want 6+ in all sections, which is definitely hard! Roll on Thursday, and best of luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by d3ano
I'm so worried because i've also applied to Cambridge, and Magdalene want 6+ in all sections, which is definitely hard! Roll on Thursday, and best of luck!! :biggrin:

Wow and I thought what Imperial wants is hard! Good luck! How've you been preparing? and btw it's on wednesday lol :smile:
Reply 312
Original post by d3ano
What college guys?

I've applied to Murray Edwards college- I think they're particularly fussy on the third section. Best of luck with Magdalene! :smile:
With regards to the BMAT, how is everyone doing section 3 practice?
Reply 313
Original post by d3ano

the year before that it was like 4.5 4.5 and 2.5 C ....im guessing because of the sheer number of applicants last year...they bumped it up slighty....

looking at the ucas media release....less people applied this year for medicine and dentistry....so there is the possibility that less people applied for medicine...

if thats the case its less people than 2009 ....so the 4.9 4.9 2.5C average might go down...BUT....less people might mean that more QUALITY candidates applied!....

this is all doing my head in!:confused:

just try and get 5 5 2B or above lol....
Original post by praj1
the year before that it was like 4.5 4.5 and 2.5 C ....im guessing because of the sheer number of applicants last year...they bumped it up slighty....

looking at the ucas media release....less people applied this year for medicine and dentistry....so there is the possibility that less people applied for medicine...

if thats the case its less people than 2009 ....so the 4.9 4.9 2.5C average might go down...BUT....less people might mean that more QUALITY candidates applied!....

this is all doing my head in!:confused:

just try and get 5 5 2B or above lol....

Yeah its good news but I feel the same way you do about there being better quality candidates :frown: I think this year most people applying are smarter and play to their strengths more..
Reply 315
When you think about it, it actually went up quite a considerable amount, 4.5-4.9. Hope hope hope it doesn't change too much :frown:
Original post by oHellno
When you think about it, it actually went up quite a considerable amount, 4.5-4.9. Hope hope hope it doesn't change too much :frown:

What's even worse is that, on some papers, the difference between 4.5 and 4.9 is 1 question. :frown:
Original post by oHellno

Original post by Moonlight19
What's even worse is that, on some papers, the difference between 4.5 and 4.9 is 1 question. :frown:

These are the things that worry me :frown:
Original post by ViceVersa
These are the things that worry me :frown:

Same :confused:
What kind of scores have you been getting on the past papers?
Original post by Moonlight19
Same :confused:
What kind of scores have you been getting on the past papers?

4.5-5.0, youu?

Quick Reply

Latest