The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ragamuffin
In mine there was my offer letter, CRB forms, a health form and a vaccination form :smile:

I like how they sent me a CRB form for the UK even though I live in Sweden :tongue:
I'm guessing my UK criminal record is clean.
Reply 3241
Ooh, the inaugural Imperial Festival....

:holmes:
Original post by NP473L
Ooh, the inaugural Imperial Festival....

:holmes:

Shame its the weekend before my exams finish :frown:

Would have been nicer if it was during the summer... I presume A levels would also be starting/started around then???
Reply 3243
Original post by kingcoltzan
Shame its the weekend before my exams finish :frown:

Would have been nicer if it was during the summer... I presume A levels would also be starting/started around then???

My first exam is on the 24th May (but that's quite early, and there's a gap till mid-June) so it's not too intrusive.

...crazy IBers...you'll be done like 50 days before us :eek:
Reply 3244
does anyone know exactly what happens with accommodation? when do we apply etc? i haven't been given any information on it and can't seem to find out on the website! also is it a lottery or first come first served etc? thanks :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3245
Original post by DSal
does anyone know exactly what happens with accommodation? when do we apply etc? i haven't been given any information on it and can't seem to find out on the website! also is it a lottery or first come first served etc? thanks :smile:

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/howtoapply

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/faqs

Knock yourself out.
We put down 5 preferences, and get allocated on those. In rare circumstances you don't get any of the 5 you put down.
Afaik, if you want eastside/southside you can only put eastside and southside down, you can't put the halls in eastside/southside. And then you get allocated into a random hall in eastside/southside.
Reply 3246
Original post by Iepnauy
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/howtoapply

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/prospectiveundergraduatestudents/faqs

Knock yourself out.
We put down 5 preferences, and get allocated on those. In rare circumstances you don't get any of the 5 you put down.
Afaik, if you want eastside/southside you can only put eastside and southside down, you can't put the halls in eastside/southside. And then you get allocated into a random hall in eastside/southside.

thank you so much, can't believe i missed that! i thought it was beginning of may so was a little worried i hadn't heard from them! thank you :biggrin:
Reply 3247
Southside/Eastside were the ones we visited on Open/Interview Day right? Anyone know specifically which hall we actually went in? (It was one of the Southside ones. I know we can't choose ^, but I honestly cannot remember for the life of me which one it was :redface:...unless we all went in different ones?)

Apologies for my incompetence :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3248
Went to my GP yesterday... he filled in all my forms and said he wouldn't be charging me for the vaccinations because I was going to be a medical student!

So then I went and booked an appointment with the practice's nurse who does the injections.

Later on they called up and said that the appointment was cancelled because the practice's manager said they aren't offering the injections and I should go get it privately...

fred-mercury-queen-meme-so-close.png
Male sportspeople. Start practicing your pint downing. Get those enzymes up! You'll thank me later.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3250
Just checking in to say...

...I'm still waiting!!! :eek3:
Reply 3251
Original post by bleble360
Can anyone help me out, has anyone here got an offer not doing 3 science subjects i.e. if I did biology, chemistry and economics will that harm my chances? My cousin is at Imperial and he says I should take on A2 maths (which I really dont want to do) instead of economics :\

Here's the quote from the Entry Requirements page:

The minimum entry requirements for this course are three A-levels, including Chemistry and/or Biology and one science or mathematics subject, and one additional subject at AS-level. If either Chemistry or Biology is offered alone at A-level, then the other is required at AS-level with at least a grade B.

So I think...I think you'd get away with that...because it says Biology and/or Chemistry and one other science, which to me reads that it can be either 'Biology and Science A' or 'Chemistry and Science A' as well as 'Biology, Chemistry with/without Science A'.

Better be safe and ring/email the admissions people though, because they will be able to tell you with much more confidence than we can. I think you'd be alright though. :tongue:

Oh, and I'm checking in to say that my offer stuff arrived today...now to get it all done and sorted. :redface:
Original post by Hantheman
Male sportspeople. Start practicing your pint downing. Get those enzymes up! You'll thank me later.

This.
I seen this and thought I was okay, but my cousin who studies Medicine there said you'd have a better chance with bio, chem + maths can anyone shed some light on the issue? I rang them up and they aren't picking up will try another day :tongue:

I didn't take Biology, there are plenty of theories but it seems that the above is right.
(edited 11 years ago)
So if I did Bio, Chem, Eco I would be fine?

I asked the same question about my options. I'm afraid I'm not in a position to say, I'd have to be on an admission team to feel comfortable to answer a question like that.
This year I have taken Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I took Biology to AS but didn't take it on to A2 :smile:
Reply 3256
Right then. Important day for me today :tongue:

Firmed Imperial, applied for Student Finance...now to get cracking on Imperial's forms :grin:
Original post by NP473L
Right then. Important day for me today :tongue:

Firmed Imperial, applied for Student Finance...now to get cracking on Imperial's forms :grin:

How much effort was finance? Haven't done that yet and it seems rather morbid.
Reply 3258
Original post by All Taken
How much effort was finance? Haven't done that yet and it seems rather morbid.

Not too bad actually. Doesn't take much more than an hour. Not as morbid as I thought it would be :wink:

My brother has been at Uni for the past two years, so my parent's stuff (and evidence etc.) had already been done, so that made things a little easier.

Only two things that posed 'problems' were the Term-time address, which we obviously don't know yet (you just leave your home address for the time being) and the bank details, which I just left blank for now (you can just add it in later). Apart from that, it's pretty self-explanatory and not too taxing to work your way through.

I think when parents have to plug in all their stuff, then it can be a bit of a faff, but like I said, that hurdle was already overcome for me.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 3259
Just got the email telling me I've been recommended for a scholarship. I'm so surprised, and feel quite humbled.

Anyone else notice the typo in the title of the essay? :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending