The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by oHellno
People always say it's slightly risky to apply to Imperial with a humanities/arts subject but I've actually heard of quite a few people getting in with more than one arts, so I'd like to think it's not true lol.

I took Chemistry Biology Maths RE and psychology, but the problem is that I got a C in maths due to 1 module so id only expect to be predicted a B. In Chemistry Biology and RE I might be predicted A*AA and I will drop Psychology. I will continue with maths because I am not ready to give up on it. But I would basically be predicted A*AAB/A*AAC and when they see that the B/C is in Maths they might not like it. :frown:
Reply 21
What would people say are the advantages/disadvantages of Imperial?
Does anyone know if Imperial appreciates A level A*s already achieved? Many unis don't care about A*s but since Imperial does require A* in offers for other subjects, i was wondering if they would appreciate a medicine applicant to have A*s too...also is it fairly hard to meet their BMAT cut off?
Original post by nikhil.shah
Anyone know if Imperial appreciate high AS UMS???

No medical college asks for UMS apart from Cambridge.

edit: who neg' repped me? It's true!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey - does Imperial put a lot of weighting on GCSEs?
What GCSEs are the average for an Imperial medic?
Is the a-level offer just AAA or is it A*AA
Reply 25
Anyone know if Imperial appreciate high AS UMS???

Nope, not that I am aware of, but it is very likely that you will need to have all science and maths subjects to A-level,(bio, chem, maths and physics). Though as you mentioned, BMAT has been always important for selection.
Hi, I'm applying to Imperial for Medicine this year!

GCSE's
A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAAA
AS
AAAA
A2 (Predictions)
A*A*A*A

Hopefully my BMAT will be strong.

Good luck everyone!!!
has anyone started preparing for BMAT? is it really hard to meet the cut off of imperial
Original post by abu125
Nope, not that I am aware of, but it is very likely that you will need to have all science and maths subjects to A-level,(bio, chem, maths and physics). Though as you mentioned, BMAT has been always important for selection.

Says who? Certainly not Imperial...
That's what I thought... Imperial don't mind if you're not doing 3 sciences and maths

Speaking as a third year that did Biology, Chemistry, French & Psychology I can assure you that you're not wrong!

There's some great advice to be found on this forum, but be wary of people that chat crap (there are many!).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
I'm applying for medicine at imperial! :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by xgoldenx

Original post by xgoldenx
I'm applying for medicine at imperial! :biggrin:

Ngl, Imperial is probably my biggest motivation for this horribly daunting process.
Reply 32
Are ICL more pedantic about the BMAT than UCL?
Reply 33
I need a way of looking around imperial/making my mind up about it as the open days were booked by the time I looked in June :/
Maybe applying to Imperial, depends if I have the balls to do the BMAT, but out of the BMAT universities it'd be the only I'd apply to.
6 Year Medicine Course for undergrats ...
good luck with the application guys :smile: bmat is definatly the most challenging part of the application. Once you get an interview it isnt bad at all (in fact the interviewers are very nice).
About gcses and ASs - my friend did get above the cut off for bmat but had very low ASs - so i guess they do look at other parts of the application as he got rejected without interview.

if anyone needs help lemme know by PM or here. i will post the interview questions i got from 2011 entry on the thread later on (assuming its ok to do so).
Reply 37
Original post by englishman129
good luck with the application guys :smile: bmat is definatly the most challenging part of the application. Once you get an interview it isnt bad at all (in fact the interviewers are very nice).
About gcses and ASs - my friend did get above the cut off for bmat but had very low ASs - so i guess they do look at other parts of the application as he got rejected without interview.

if anyone needs help lemme know by PM or here. i will post the interview questions i got from 2011 entry on the thread later on (assuming its ok to do so).

How low were his AS grades and was that the reason Imperial rejected him? I am kind of worried about this too i got ABBC :frown: I am not sure if I should apply to medicine at all this year. :/
Reply 38
Original post by Crushy

Original post by Crushy
I need a way of looking around imperial/making my mind up about it as the open days were booked by the time I looked in June :/

They run tours of South Kensington campus every Wesnesday, you can just book it online :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by oHellno
They run tours of South Kensington campus every Wesnesday, you can just book it online :smile:

Thanks! Will look into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending