Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Straight up G
An you know it.

I'm applying here btw

Ahh get in! Fam kool with it?
Original post by Nator
Ahh get in! Fam kool with it?

Had to compromise, so not going for GKT anymore but good for Imperial. Had the choice between the two basically, Kings I have a better shot but wanted to do the BMAT haha.
Reply 142
Had to compromise, so not going for GKT anymore but good for Imperial. Had the choice between the two basically, Kings I have a better shot but wanted to do the BMAT haha.

Fair enough, and true haha and good stuff, you gonna burn the BMAT anyways, 23A init :cool:
Original post by Nator
Fair enough, and true haha and good stuff, you gonna burn the BMAT anyways, 23A init :cool:

blaze it. need to hit the books sometime soon though. you not on the medium atm?
Reply 144
Original post by Nator
Starting is always the hardest :laugh: Try some past papers.
Slowly starting to love S1 oh man thought the day would never come! :biggrin:

Have you done a lot of prep...?
do you think I could cram everything if I start from tomorrow... ? Haven't done physics since gcse though!
Reply 145
Hi, guys, Can you guys answers my question.
Do having these grades meet the gcse entry requirement for imperial, A: maths, A: Additonal science, B for english lan, B for core science?
Reply 146
blaze it. need to hit the books sometime soon though. you not on the medium atm?

We'll do some S1 stuff in a bit init, and nah homework, will be there in like 50, free to do some BMAT stuff then?

Original post by Cleoleo
Have you done a lot of prep...?
do you think I could cram everything if I start from tomorrow... ? Haven't done physics since gcse though!

Certainly not a lot, just familiar to the questions and will do them properly soon. And of course you have plenty of time, and just get a CGP revision guide for that :biggrin:
Reply 147
Original post by Nator
We'll do some S1 stuff in a bit init, and nah homework, will be there in like 50, free to do some BMAT stuff then?

Certainly not a lot, just familiar to the questions and will do them properly soon. And of course you have plenty of time, and just get a CGP revision guide for that :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: Will quote you from time to time for help :tongue: as I did with AR :P
Reply 148
Original post by Cleoleo
Thanks :smile: Will quote you from time to time for help :tongue: as I did with AR :P

No problem and lolol go for it :smile:
Original post by Giggy88
Hey, guys.. now that we've etabilished that ICL do not disadvantage at all against having 3 A2 instead of 4.

I would like to know how it stands with the GCSE's. Is it a tick box like the A level requirements or do they sort out between people who got 10A* and others that barely meet the minimum requirement.
The reason I'm asking is because I only got 1* at GCSE and 5 A :s-smilie:.. I did my gcse's in 1 yr as i'm from Germany.

Therefore are the b-mat and the following interview the only decider or can I be rejected due to very low gcse's.

Original post by Notsocleverstudent
ye its a tick and move on, then rank by bmat and then inv to interview

It's not just a tick box - they do use GCSEs in active candidate selection, along with predicted/achieved A Level grades. However, exactly how much emphasis they place on them is not my place to say :frown:

Edit: Wrong. Although this is stated in the prospectus, admissions have stated that only the minimum entry requirements play a part in candidate selection. Sorry for any confusion caused.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 150
Original post by Blatant Troll
It's not just a tick box - they do use GCSEs in active candidate selection, along with predicted/achieved A Level grades. However, exactly how much emphasis they place on them is not my place to say :frown:

Yep that's what I was thinking. It's obviously unfair and not logical to give a person that got 10A*s the same credit as someone that just meets the minimum entry requirement.

But I would be interested in as to how much emphasis they give on gcse's.
Might email them and see what they say.. Thanks anyways..
Original post by Giggy88
Yep that's what I was thinking. It's obviously unfair and not logical to give a person that got 10A*s the same credit as someone that just meets the minimum entry requirement.

But I would be interested in as to how much emphasis they give on gcse's.
Might email them and see what they say.. Thanks anyways..

I rang them up (twice, actually :colondollar:) and they told me that as long as you pass the minimum requirements, they don't look at GCSEs any further.
Thanks for sharing (the prospectus is misleading!). I'll edit my post

Notsocleverstudent
blah

Sorry - you are indeed right, according to admissions
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 153
Original post by BlissJunkie
I rang them up (twice, actually :colondollar:) and they told me that as long as you pass the minimum requirements, they don't look at GCSEs any further.

Wow, impressed how lenient they are towards gcse's.

They are now definitely in my top 4 :biggrin:
Original post by Giggy88
Wow, impressed how lenient they are towards gcse's.

They are now definitely in my top 4 :biggrin:

Top 4? More like top one :biggrin:

Now if only it wasn't for the monster BMAT.
Reply 155
Original post by BlissJunkie
Top 4? More like top one :biggrin:

Now if only it wasn't for the monster BMAT.

Yes, the bmat is horror. The specimen paper was really daunting, (had more than half wrong).

Especially physics. The level of physics in there is by far not GCSE. I seemed to cope "okay" in bio and chem. And in one occasion I didn't even understand what the statement in section 3 was talking about. :redface:
Reply 156
Original post by Giggy88
It's obviously unfair and not logical to give a person that got 10A*s the same credit as someone that just meets the minimum entry requirement.

No it is not. Everyone who has met the minimum requirements should be able to cope with the course academically. Only if 2 candidates, having met the requirements, perform equally at BMAT and interview is it appropriate to compare GCSE results.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 157
Anyone else been using the Wider Med Ed pack? :biggrin:
Original post by Giggy88
Yes, the bmat is horror. The specimen paper was really daunting, (had more than half wrong).

Especially physics. The level of physics in there is by far not GCSE. I seemed to cope "okay" in bio and chem. And in one occasion I didn't even understand what the statement in section 3 was talking about. :redface:

Sorry to wade in again (and I'm definitely right this time :redface:) but it's all GCSE. Either it's completely abstract in its application, or it wasn't on your particular syllabus. There's absolutely no way I would have done well otherwise (not a maths & physics fan: I didn't take them at A Level and I didn't revise them beyond GCSE)

Some of the questions are ridiculous though, agreed :K:
Reply 159
Original post by Blatant Troll
Sorry this has taken a while (englishman129 was right in any case). If you haven't cashed your grades in, so to speak, then it's a non-issue anyway :yep: In either case some beastly predicted grades will definitely help you out re. selection for interview - as will a strong showing in the other criteria, of course. I wouldn't let it put you off applying :holmes:

I am predicted an A* in Chemistry and Biology and an A in Maths. :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending