The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NeemSingh
I am predicted an A* in Chemistry and Biology and an A in Maths. :confused:

Your OP was about your achieved grades at AS, not your predicted grades at A2 (which are full of win)
Reply 161
Original post by Blatant Troll
Your OP was about your achieved grades at AS, not your predicted grades at A2 (which are full of win)

I only got my grade predictions yesterday. I was worried becauseI didn't know if I would be predicted any A's or A*'s.

Anyway thanks a lot for the help. :smile:
Reply 162
Original post by Nator
No problem and lolol go for it :smile:

Haha thanks :smile:

Easy Q.., where are the official bmat papers online!?

I went on http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat/Test+Preparation and it says error -_-
Reply 163
Original post by Cleoleo
Haha thanks :smile:

Easy Q.., where are the official bmat papers online!?

I went on http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat/Test+Preparation and it says error -_-

No problem haha and that link works for me, they are there, shouldn't say error :confused:
Reply 164
Original post by Nator
No problem haha and that link works for me, they are there, shouldn't say error :confused:

ahh got it at the end thanks :smile:
ahh panicccccck, need to start properly revising :/
i'm guessing you're almost finished? :tongue:
Hello people :smile:

Searching for advice - will having already done an A level in physics give me an edge with the BMAT? Not in regards to content, so to speak, but more with the concepts. I'm familiar with all of the concepts/ideas in AQA Physics A and they come fairly naturally (though I'm not outstanding).
On the other hand, I only started AS Bio alongside A2 this year.

What are people#s thoughts?

Many thanks!
Reply 166
Original post by Cleoleo
ahh got it at the end thanks :smile:
ahh panicccccck, need to start properly revising :/
i'm guessing you're almost finished? :tongue:

No problem :smile:
No lol, going to work on S1 and S3 soon :smile:
On a side note, a friend of mine is applying here, UCL, Cambridge and Birmingham, and says if he doesn't get into Cambridge he will take a gap year, despite any other offers, and he's going for Trinity haha what a lad :biggrin:
Original post by TheDannyManCan
Hello people :smile:

Searching for advice - will having already done an A level in physics give me an edge with the BMAT? Not in regards to content, so to speak, but more with the concepts. I'm familiar with all of the concepts/ideas in AQA Physics A and they come fairly naturally (though I'm not outstanding).
On the other hand, I only started AS Bio alongside A2 this year.

What are people#s thoughts?

Many thanks!

Definitely. I'm not a natural mathematician & didn't take maths/physics to AS, so that was what my revision was tailored to. Realistically the people absolutely bossing the science section are the people maxing out the UMS at A2. As you say that's a question of grasp of concept, not content - it's all GCSE after all.

Don't neglect the essay though!
(edited 12 years ago)
anybody applying to the graduate programme?
Original post by Blatant Troll
Definitely. I'm not a natural mathematician & didn't take maths/physics to AS, so that was what my revision was tailored to. Realistically the people absolutely bossing the science section are the people maxing out the UMS at A2. As you say that's a question of grasp of concept, not content - it's all GCSE after all.

Don't neglect the essay though!

Hey, thanks for the reply :smile:

Did you also do revision of GCSE Chemistry and Biology, too? I think that even though I took maths and did well, I need to revise all of the angles in circles rules and obscure things like that.
In terms of revision, I've just got 3 different revision guides for the different sciences, the new 400 Questions book and another one which concerns the BMAT and UKCAT. That seems appropriate to me. Can I ask how many hours a day/week you dedicated to BMAT revision, what the result was and if you were pleased/disappointed?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by TheDannyManCan
Hey, thanks for the reply :smile:

Did you also do revision of GCSE Chemistry and Biology, too? I think that even though I took maths and did well, I need to revise all of the angles in circles rules and obscure things like that.
In terms of revision, I've just got 3 different revision guides for the different sciences, the new 400 Questions book and another one which concerns the BMAT and UKCAT. That seems appropriate to me. Can I ask how many hours a day/week you dedicated to BMAT revision, what the result was and if you were pleased/disappointed?

Many thanks :smile:

Yeah I revised GCSE Chemistry & Biology as well.

I seem to remember revising for 3-4 weeks before the exam. I'd mebbe do 30mins/day, + 2 or 3 essays a week. In 2008 I got 4.7, 5.0, 10.5 (4.7 was the average for Section 1 that year, and the others were above average). Pleased - nothing special (although the essay was strong), but it was good enough for Imperial & UCL.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 171
Original post by Nator
No problem :smile:
No lol, going to work on S1 and S3 soon :smile:
On a side note, a friend of mine is applying here, UCL, Cambridge and Birmingham, and says if he doesn't get into Cambridge he will take a gap year, despite any other offers, and he's going for Trinity haha what a lad :biggrin:

Is the official bmat specimen paper website under maintainance for you as well atm ? ...grrr, this is such p*ss take! -_-
haha, yeah, a student I know took a gap year afer failing to get into Imperial, though she got an offer at UCL! Some people are just so unbelieveable. Hmm so if he gets pooled and gets an offer at another college, he wouldn't go there but take a gap year until he gets into Trinity? Woah.
I'm guessing he's got his Birmingham interview?
Reply 172
Original post by Cleoleo

Original post by Cleoleo
Is the official bmat specimen paper website under maintainance for you as well atm ? ...grrr, this is such p*ss take! -_-
haha, yeah, a student I know took a gap year afer failing to get into Imperial, though she got an offer at UCL! Some people are just so unbelieveable. Hmm so if he gets pooled and gets an offer at another college, he wouldn't go there but take a gap year until he gets into Trinity? Woah.

Yep, I wanted to go on both OCR and BMAT website today and both are under maintenance. :mad2:
Reply 173
Original post by Cleoleo

Yeah it is, and that sucks man, I printed mine out beforehand, organisational skills didn't whip that in the PS for no reason :laugh: Yeah I get you, and no he wouldn't, either Trinity or nothing for him, though I have no doubt he will get in, he dropped 4 marks total out of all of his AS levels :rolleyes:
He did, alongside another friend of mine (both have 9A*'s at GCSE and 4A's at AS) just for any people interested in Birmingham :smile: Where you applying in the end?
Reply 174
Hey guys! Applying to Imperial here :smile:
Hey, I got a D in my biology EMPA (pending remark, not hopeful), but an A overall. Will this affect my application, because if it doesn't go up, I'll retake. I got 6As at AS + an A in the EPQ, have been predicted 4 A*s for A2, and got 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE.
Reply 176
Original post by Nator

Original post by Nator

He did, alongside another friend of mine (both have 9A*'s at GCSE and 4A's at AS) just for any people interested in Birmingham :smile: Where you applying in the end?

I was so close to putting down Birmingham as well :mad2:
Just had my first day at Imperial today :biggrin: It was absolutely awesome.. The people are great, locations great and union/freshers events for icsm are really enjoyable so far.

Really recommend you guys applying :smile:
Original post by englishman129
Just had my first day at Imperial today :biggrin: It was absolutely awesome.. The people are great, locations great and union/freshers events for icsm are really enjoyable so far.

Really recommend you guys applying :smile:

Hope you enjoy Roadshow... :colone:
Hey, I got a D in my biology EMPA (pending remark, not hopeful), but an A overall. Will this affect my application, because if it doesn't go up, I'll retake?
Overall, I got 6As at AS + an A in the EPQ, have been predicted 4 A*s for A2, and got 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE.
Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending