The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alison1075
THE MUSIC IS SO UNNVERVING! :afraid:

Its true thought no-one really speaks... and the receptionist treated me like a 5-year-old!

The music was a pain in the behind. So unnecessary!
Original post by beachh
how smart have people gone? i'm unsure on what to wear!

As said before on this thread, pretty much all the guys had suits on, while the girls (the ones I saw at least) had those black skirt+white shirt (along those lines) combinations, with and without jackets.
Original post by Alison1075
THE MUSIC IS SO UNNVERVING! :afraid:

Its true thought no-one really speaks... and the receptionist treated me like a 5-year-old!

There was music...?:K:
Yuup, really quiet though.
Yeah the Kings waiting room was awful.... just silence and 10 ppl sitting there shaking..... not made better by my friend sending me a text while also waiting, saying "Mate, you hear those digging noises, thats what they do to the ones that don't get in...." hahaaa

BATL on the other hand was sooo much nicer, relaxed chilled friendly.....
Reply 1665
Original post by kingcoltzan
Yeah the Kings waiting room was awful.... just silence and 10 ppl sitting there shaking..... not made better by my friend sending me a text while also waiting, saying "Mate, you hear those digging noises, thats what they do to the ones that don't get in...." hahaaa

BATL was v. nice, loved being able to talk to students beforehand! Wondering how comes you went BATL if you're holding an offer at King's ?
Reply 1666

Yeah, my experience with king's interview this year was horrible. The waiting in the quiet room was nerve wrecking followed by unfriendly, sarcastic interviewers. I came out of there totall demoralized esp when king's is my first choice :frown:

Nottingham and st. George's were so much better. I felt so much more relaxed and at ease going into the interviews
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1667
Woah...everyone hating on the King's interview experience!!

I didn't enjoy it either to be fair....and I'm not just saying that because I got rejected. The whole experience made me feel very lonely and I think I tensed up. Shame...oh well :tongue:. I respect all of you that got an offer now.

Canon in D for the win though :smile: (just not as I'm trying to think about an ethical scenario)
Reply 1668
interview room one any good? hah
Original post by kim93
Yeah, my experience with king's interview this year was horrible. The waiting in the quiet room was nerve wrecking followed by unfriendly, sarcastic interviewers. I came out of there totall demoralized

I had a very similar experience :s-smilie:
Reply 1670
They do that deliberately guys - it's no reflection on the medical school, so don't be put off too much! I've also fallen for Kings massively, and the staff (outside the interview room) are fabulous!

They're trying to test the freak-outable contingent. Make sure you can deal with uncomfortable situations... It sucks, but loads of job interviews do the same. :frown:

I had Bach playing, with plenty of bang-clash-whallop... Really uncomfortable! :s-smilie:
Original post by realm
BATL was v. nice, loved being able to talk to students beforehand! Wondering how comes you went BATL if you're holding an offer at King's ?

Because I do IB, and the offer will still require some work, its harder than AAA for me, but that's a debate for another day.

I got the offer still guys though, and so did others, so don't be put off. As mentioned above, it's just to test you....:wink:
Original post by Karalily
They do that deliberately guys - it's no reflection on the medical school, so don't be put off too much! I've also fallen for Kings massively, and the staff (outside the interview room) are fabulous!

They're trying to test the freak-outable contingent. Make sure you can deal with uncomfortable situations... It sucks, but loads of job interviews do the same. :frown:

I had Bach playing, with plenty of bang-clash-whallop... Really uncomfortable! :s-smilie:

THIS. My interviewers were nice but simultaneously awful? Classic good-bad cop scenario. Not to mention how one of them kept on winking at me, which was just incredibly weird.
But YES. King's is amazing. Guy's campus is so, so lovely. Can not stress this enough.
how should i revise ethics?
Reply 1674
Because I do IB, and the offer will still require some work, its harder than AAA for me, but that's a debate for another day.

I got the offer still guys though, and so did others, so don't be put off. As mentioned above, it's just to test you....:wink:

Any tips on how to deal with the good cop/bad cop routine or unfriendly interviewers. My guidance dept at school isn't really helpful in the interview process. :frown:
Reply 1675
Do King's take it light if you missed the open day? I was too late and it had been fully booked :frown:
Reply 1676
Original post by Nator
Do King's take it light if you missed the open day? I was too late and it had been fully booked :frown:

Doubt they mind. Must be hard for intls and Eu applicants to attend open day. :confused:
Original post by Nator

Original post by Nator

Don't worry, I never went on an open day. If you have time it might you can go on a campus tour, I think it runs every Wednesday and Friday, or just have a walk about yourself lol.
Original post by Nator

I hadn't been to the Kings open day...it was overbooked at the time. :frown:

(Didn't seem to affect anything too drastically though :wink:)
Original post by apple17
Any tips on how to deal with the good cop/bad cop routine or unfriendly interviewers. My guidance dept at school isn't really helpful in the interview process. :frown:

Just ignore them. Imagine they are perfectly nice. Smile, sound passionate, lean forward (not to forward), use your hands to gesticulate and convey your passion. Just don't be phased by it, they are trying to test you, so just act normal. Don't crack jokes though, it might create a serious awkwardness if they manage to restrain their laughter...so stick with smiling etc....

Somone once told me to imagine the interviewers naked.....but I never really understood that one :confused: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest