The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
[QUOTE="daboss;35326678"]
Original post by kim93

Wow, must've been painful to wait for that long! If you don't mind me asking, what were GCSEs and A-level grades? and what did you score in the UKCAT last year?
Im asking because I've been rejected this year, despite like 9 A*s and 650 on the UKCAT, and am considering re-applying next year if need be.

It's all worth it at the end. I believe things happened for a reason and I've grown so much since. My grades are 9A* GCSEs, A*AA A-level, UKCAT last year 706. My PS is much stronger and I think that's what got me thru this year. I have done a lot more volunteering work, in hospital and at day camps with disabled children and now working full time as an HCA in the hospital.
[QUOTE="daboss;35326678"]
Original post by kim93

Wow, must've been painful to wait for that long! If you don't mind me asking, what were GCSEs and A-level grades? and what did you score in the UKCAT last year?
Im asking because I've been rejected this year, despite like 9 A*s and 650 on the UKCAT, and am considering re-applying next year if need be.

You should ask them the reason for your rejection. I did that last year and they made it clear to me. Even told me I had a strong personal statement, which made me really happy. :smile: Haha. But I think it might have been your UKCAT... Not sure about this year's cut-off, but last year it was about 720. :\
[QUOTE="wavezone113;35327568"]
Original post by daboss

You should ask them the reason for your rejection. I did that last year and they made it clear to me. Even told me I had a strong personal statement, which made me really happy. :smile: Haha. But I think it might have been your UKCAT... Not sure about this year's cut-off, but last year it was about 720. :\

But I thought King's doesn't have a ukcat cut off? :s-smilie:
Reply 1763
Original post by daboss

This year they've said that they no longer have a 'cut-off' but prefer a high ukcat, however strong academics can make up for a low scoring UKCAT, which mine isn't really that low anyway; but yeah ill give them a call tomorrow.

Since you didn't get into Kings last year, what's the status with you now?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1764
Original post by daboss

My friend, who's also re-applicant this year, with 5A* GCSEs, A*AA A-level, UKCAT 650 and got an interview. I don't think it is clear cut how they score applicants.
Still no news, feel like I'm the only one :s-smilie: Trying to decide whether this is good or bad...
Original post by daboss
Sorry to hear, what were your GCSEs/UKCAT?

its all in the spoiler :tongue:
Reply 1767
Original post by Muattaz.Kazzam
its all in the spoiler :tongue:

lol sorry i don't quite get what you mean by that :/
Reply 1768
Rejected today.
Refering to feedback, do I need to contact them directly or UCAS does that for me as well? I would really like to avoid that phone call.
However, track hasn't been updated yet. I guess I should wait...
Reply 1769
Original post by poogly
Rejected today.
Refering to feedback, do I need to contact them directly or UCAS does that for me as well? I would really like to avoid that phone call.

I'd call them if I were you. Your UKCAT score is okay, what were your GCSEs?
Original post by daboss

Nope, this is not true. I got my offer last year and had a UKCAT score of about 670. The good think with King's is that they asses everything. GCSEs, UKCAT, experience, etc.
Original post by crumbles100

But I thought King's doesn't have a ukcat cut off? :s-smilie:

Original post by daboss

This year they've said that they no longer have a 'cut-off' but prefer a high ukcat, however strong academics can make up for a low scoring UKCAT, which mine isn't really that low anyway; but yeah ill give them a call tomorrow.

Since you didn't get into Kings last year, what's the status with you now?

Original post by kim93

My friend, who's also re-applicant this year, with 5A* GCSEs, A*AA A-level, UKCAT 650 and got an interview. I don't think it is clear cut how they score applicants.

Original post by michelle_fudgie

Nope, this is not true. I got my offer last year and had a UKCAT score of about 670. The good think with King's is that they asses everything. GCSEs, UKCAT, experience, etc.

Sorry guys! Completely my bad! I thought we were talking about a different uni... :colondollar: SORRY! Not really sure how I managed to do that to be honest...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1772
UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!!! Aahhhh so in love with life right now :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 1773
Seems people from the 6th are getting offers - any idea what that means for those before? I interviewed on the 2nd - does that mean i'm waitlisted?

Sorry, I know I asked before but I think the question got lost :smile:

Oh, and WELL DONE tiggix!!! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tiggix
UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!!! Aahhhh so in love with life right now :smile: :smile: :smile:

Good job :smile:

Hopefully you are the beginning of many for this batch of offers :redface:
Reply 1775
Original post by poogly
Rejected today.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown:
Mind sharing your stats?
Still nothing from King's for me. Not even an interview offer....
Reply 1776
Thanks guys :smile:
Best of luck to all those still waiting to hear!

(btw my portal updated around 5.45pm I think, if anyone wanted to know!)
Reply 1777
Hey guys, I had my interview today, but I got there late so my prep time got cut down by a tiny bit. (stupidly got lost)

I didn't realise there was another side to the questionnaire. Do you think they will mind if I didn't fill this bit in? I think they just use it after the interview and will realise my mistake, so I hope I'm fine.
Reply 1778
Original post by *_*
Hey guys, I had my interview today, but I got there late so my prep time got cut down by a tiny bit. (stupidly got lost)

I didn't realise there was another side to the questionnaire. Do you think they will mind if I didn't fill this bit in? I think they just use it after the interview and will realise my mistake, so I hope I'm fine.

Well done on the interview. I wouldn't worry about the questionnaire because its a genuine mistake. Btw what where your GCSEs/UKCAT score?
Reply 1779
Original post by momories
I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown:
Mind sharing your stats?
Still nothing from King's for me. Not even an interview offer....

hey same here i got rejected
dont know why?
not even an interview...so puzzled :s-smilie:
so upset :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest