The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Offers List For Geography

Hi Guys, well done to everyone who got accepted, good luck to everyone who is pooled, and remember to very who was rejected its not the be all and end all by any means, you'l have a great time anywhere.

But just wondering who i might see at Cambridge in October ( if i get in ahhh) and who might be going to oxford:

Name : Lucy
Uni: Cam
College: St. Cats
Grade Requirements: AAA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Name : Adam
Uni: Oxford
College: St. John's
Reply 2
Name: James
College: Christ Church (applied to Hertford)
Grades: AAA
Reply 3
Wow! It's sure going to be crowded in the lecture theatre with all 2 of us there at Oxford! :smile:
Reply 4
bigluce
Hi Guys, well done to everyone who got accepted, good luck to everyone who is pooled, and remember to very who was rejected its not the be all and end all by any means, you'l have a great time anywhere.

But just wondering who i might see at Cambridge in October ( if i get in ahhh) and who might be going to oxford:

Name : Lucy
Uni: Cam
College: St. Cats

Well I'm already at Cambridge studying Geography - do I count? :p:
Reply 5
Wey see u there Flair ( wow that rhymes!!) what college are u at?? Is the course as goods as it sounds in the shiny prospectus?
Reply 6
bigluce
Wey see u there Flair ( wow that rhymes!!) what college are u at?? Is the course as goods as it sounds in the shiny prospectus?

The best college. :p:

The course is pretty good, some bits are better than others; just depends what you like best. It also depends a bit on the quality of the lecturer.
Reply 7
Name : James
Uni: Cambridge
College: St. John's
Reply 8
Name : Lisa
College: St. Hilda's
Name: Pierre
College: Christ's (applied to Downing)
Grade Requirements: AAAA
Name: Mike
College: Christ's ( also applied to Downing!)
Reply 11
NotoriousMIC
Name: Mike
College: Christ's ( also applied to Downing!)

How could you apply to more than one of the Cambridge colleges? Or were you pooled? :confused:
Reply 12
They were referring to someone else who was also pooled from downing
Elements
How could you apply to more than one of the Cambridge colleges? Or were you pooled? :confused:

pooled obviously
Reply 14
Just out of curiosity can anyone tell me the names of some human geography books (or any books for that matter) that are on their reading lists for Cambridge? Thanks very much.
Reply 15
And some Physical Geography books aimed at first year for me please! Sorry Juneau!:hugs:
Reply 16
http://www.sid.cam.ac.uk/admiss/ugrad/geo/geo.pdf
Page 3, I'd especially say the David Harvey and Thrift human books and the Chorley physical geography.
I don't think I would recommend Harvey's 'condition of postmodernity' to a post a-level student, it is quite advanced.
I read the gregory et al 'human geography, society, space and social science, The Johnston book is well worth checking out for an intro to the discipline.

Don't read anything for physical because it is crap. Go out and enjoy the sunshine instead.
Reply 18
This is infact fantastic advice about physical geaography and being made to read David Harvey is sometihing everyone should go through.
being 'made'?

The Condition of Post-Modernity would be a great shock to an A-Level student, but then again most Uni student's wouldn't probably understand it particularly well.

I am happy that its on the list tho - excellent book.

Physical is evil - good thats sorted.

Latest

Trending

Trending