The Student Room Group

Guys, how much money do you spend on your girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

I spend more on my boyfriend I think. I obviously haven't added up everything but that's how it feels :lol:
Original post by kingkhan
I am sorry if my questions are sort of annoying but your excessive use of word LMAO actually pushed me to ask such natural questions, I hope you won't mind.

what has LMAO got to do with how long im in a country for :/
the majority of people on here are either racist or wierd.
the guy i'm seeing is about to start a full time job as a teacher whereas i'm a student, consequently he does have more money than me
i try and pay sometimes but he's very proud and likes to 'spoil me' thus generally i suppose he spends more money than i do when we go out
however, i have taken to sneakily paying for things by turning up early to buy train tickets before he gets there or already having a round of drinks in
Well i think it varies in each relationship.
My ex, whom I really loved, we pretty much paid equally most of the time. I was and still am a student so couldn't really afford presents or fancy meals out and stuff...He was a working man, but only doing very low skilled jobs and he even was on a dole for a bit... so generally an equal split, paid for a few meals now and then, he paid for a few too... Didn't really mind it personally...

My current partner is totally different, he is very traditional and never allows me to pay for anything, never even to split the cost for any meals... It's really nice and shows his generosity, but I do feel bad when he spends so much money on everything- food, travel, dates, events and that..even my clothes shopping... I think there's a limit on how much someone should spend and on what.. Like a dinner meal once a week might be fine..but not everyday plus other expenses.. I guess some guys just simply like spoiling the girl, it makes them feel good... However I definitely think a girl should also spend some money and buy a few dinners- if she is allowed or maybe does it sneakily : )
There's also the student vs. full time work factor that needs to be considered, as the person who earns the most will be spending more on another person. (unless really greedy). I know if I was working full time and had lots of money to spare I would be spoiling my partner so much he would be sick from it :biggrin:
I don't think I need to shower my girlfriend with presents in order to make her feel loved, my actions alone should show her surely? Having said that I do occasionally buy her presents and she does the same for me. If we go out we usually split as she always says she feels bad if I pay for everything.
Reply 65
Na, he doesn't spend much on me...and I don't ask him to, he's still a student and already busy with paying his rent and paying off the student loan.. :smile: Also, having won a scolarship and being on a paid internship, I'm "better off" than him, and in fact it's me who's paying most of the time and treating him to the nice stuff :P

Having said that, we're in a LDR and when I hear my other LDR-friends talking about their bfs sending them cards and nice little presents and occasionally taking them out, I kinda wish I could have the same as them, just once...
(edited 12 years ago)
£200 for a half hour.
Mine charges £200/hr .
Reply 68
Original post by Anonymous
How much money do you spend on your girlfriend generally? Girls, do you find that your boyfriend spends more money on you than you do on him? Excluding birthdays, christmas etc.

It seems that traditionally the guys are meant to spend more money in the relationships than the girls, however I'd say that in my relationship it's more equally split as I feel awkward when he buys things for me. My friend has recently got in a new relationship with somebody who pays for literally everything, and takes her out shopping all the time and I've seen her come back with bags of clothes. Since her new relationship, she keeps telling me that I'm taken for granted and never get treated enough etc etc. My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and admittedly he doesn't seem to make as much effort with me than what he used to, he's happy watching TV in bed every single night, and I've started to pay for most things such as meals, cinema etc even though I'm at university and he's had a full time job for 4 years. I know that my friend is making me feel low because she's way too spoilt and it's not right, but I was wondering how much a guy likes to treat his girl, and who tends to spend the most in a relationship?

If she expects it and thinks she is somehow deserving of being lavished with gifts or being treated like a maharajah then she sounds like a gold-digger and should be kicked to the curb.

If you like her and want to spoil her with fancy or expensive presents, where's the harm? It's nice to be nice.

I spend way too much on other people. My bank balance pales every time I go near a cash machine. Need to cut that back, really, too many people take the piss once used to it.
Reply 69
I don't like having a long term hooker.

I rather just pay 50 every couple of days for blow and sex. I get a different girl every time, win. No useless spending on her, win. No lame foreplay, win. They most likely will do it better, win. Don't have to wait a week for her thing to finish, win. Don't have to listen to her crap everyday, win.

Have to make sandwhich myself, loosing. Might get the herps, loosing.

Winning outweighs the loosing by far imo.
Reply 70
A real man is one who make his girl his priority. You do what's to be done no matter how much it costs!
Equality means nothing in a couple! You are there for each other. My man used to pay for everything but when he can't. That's it... A man who counts how much he spend on his girl doesnt consider her as HIS girlfriend
Reply 71
AmyPariiis, Are you ****ing kidding me? We're supposed to slog away 12 hours a day and then spend most of it on you? Most guys ask for is a delicous sandwhich, which frankly most of you suck at making, and some bed time. Is that too much to ask for? Look at it from our eyes, ****ing $200 shoes? Really? No, really?

Get your head out of your ass please.
Original post by catty khan
lol nah not yet, im still on the look out for a new one than i'll ditch the old one.

And you ask why he doesn't spend on you?
Original post by Mickey Bricks
And you ask why he doesn't spend on you?

haha i was only messing, i wouldn't change him for the world.
When I had a part time job, it was pretty even. He'd take me out for dinner one week, I'd pay the next week etc. He's always spent far more than I could ever afford to spend on him for birthdays and christmas though :redface: makes me feel a bit guilty but he assures me he wouldn't spend it if he didn't want to.

Now I'm not working, he tends to pay for most things unfortunately. As soon as I get another job though, I'll start paying my way again. I don't want him to get the impression that I'm a golddigger, I'm really not, but the only way we can go places together at the moment is if he pays for most of it.
Reply 75
nah im not into the indian film industry, im a born a bred paktoon. lol if your not from the east, you probably wouldn't no what a paktoon/pashtun etc is.

Its pashtun damn it!

Lol :biggrin:

Sorry OP for taking this off topic...
:ashamed:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ak137
Its pashtun damn it! :hitler:

Lol :biggrin:

Sorry OP for taking this off topic...

haha murah, these non- pashtun people have never heard of patarns so what does it matter, im taking your a patarn then ahah
Reply 77
Too much.
Reply 78
£00.00
Reply 79
haha murah, these non- pashtun people have never heard of patarns so what does it matter, im taking your a patarn then ahah

lol :biggrin: im not a pathaan but i know loads! stupid pathaans, dont know how to spell their caste name :tongue: joking :smile:

:biggrin:

:ashamed:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending