Warwick Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by placenta medicae talpae
Which castle?
Warwick castle?
That's definitely more touristy than Kenilworth castle :biggrin:
Though I've only been past since it's prohibitively expensive :getmecoat:

Original post by OedipusTheKing
Warwick castle, almost pissed myself in the dungeon lol! Bloody scary, and yeah was something like £50 for two people :eek:

We went on a social there last year and got in with Merlin 2 for 1 vouchers :yep: . If you do the dungeons and merlin tower it's still something like £16 each, but it's worth the visit :ahee:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I would definitely say don't bother, unless you're planning on performing music (e.g. be in the Chorus).
As a student, you can get into pretty much anything without formal attire.
When I went to an opera on campus even, most people were just wearing normall stuff.

Just what I wanted to hear! thanks
Original post by Nirgilis
x

Hey! I know this is a weird way to contact you, but I couldn't find a link to personal message you on here! Basically, I was just wondering if you happen to know what the Team Development Activities are on the first day of term for Chemistry?! Its relatively vague and asking to bring outdoor clothing makes me wonder a WHOLE lot more! :L Thanks :biggrin:
I would definitely say don't bother, unless you're planning on performing music (e.g. be in the Chorus).
As a student, you can get into pretty much anything without formal attire.
When I went to an opera on campus even, most people were just wearing normall stuff.

But make sure you have pseudo-formal enough clothing to get into school days :P
Original post by LGrosvenor101
Hey! I know this is a weird way to contact you, but I couldn't find a link to personal message you on here! Basically, I was just wondering if you happen to know what the Team Development Activities are on the first day of term for Chemistry?! Its relatively vague and asking to bring outdoor clothing makes me wonder a WHOLE lot more! :L Thanks :biggrin:

It's not a weird way, don't worry :h: . You could hit me up on Facebook if you feel like you could stand the sight of this ugly mug, but I tend to check this most days anyway :ahee:

Team Building exercises are constantly being improved year on year, so it's impossible to say exactly what you will be doing. However, for us, we were at the Cryfield pavilion and did exactly that - team building exercises :tongue: . You will be put in a group of 6/7/8/9 people (can't remember exactly - sorry :colondollar:) and get asked to complete tasks in your group to, basically, help you interact with your fellow chemistry students without the social barriers that may stand in the way for some people. The tasks can vary from 'here's a bucket of pipe pieces, stick them together and make a marble flow from one place to another', through 'this taped off area is hazardous, using this rope and this hammer, try and retrieve the bucket from the middle' to 'sit in a group and interview your partner' :h: . If you've ever been on a kiddy's activity holiday, that was our team building last year :teeth:

I was lucky. Since I'm on such a small course, my team ended up being my lab group and tutorial group, but since you're doing straight chemistry, it could be different. Just an FYI, you're likely to be made to stand up in front of everyone and offer your opinions, so try and palm it off on someone else if you don't like doing that type of thing :h: (luckily my lab group has 2 people with rather large mouths, so I was fine :awesome:)
Which castle?
Warwick castle?
That's definitely more touristy than Kenilworth castle :biggrin:
Though I've only been past since it's prohibitively expensive :getmecoat:

Well went to Kenilworth castle today as well, a site without the annoying school groups! Also stole a free apple from a tree :colone:
Reply 446
Hey everyone :smile:
Not sure if its a bit late to join this thread, but thought I would finally muster the courage to join in anyway. I'm starting next week to study Classical Civilisations, and since im living at home and commuting I'm soooooo scared i'm not going to make any friends :'(
Reply 447
Original post by Benniboi1
Same, I just hope they're like me!

I've got tickets for Wiley and TC :colone: and do you mean the welcome party on the first nights? I've looked at them but it just says buy on the door and theres no option to buy online? :confused:

TC?!?! As in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVNM7Tzd6M

When's he playing?!
Original post by Ayeshaa:)
Hey everyone :smile:
Not sure if its a bit late to join this thread, but thought I would finally muster the courage to join in anyway. I'm starting next week to study Classical Civilisations, and since im living at home and commuting I'm soooooo scared i'm not going to make any friends :'(

Classics society have weekly socials, attend them and you'll make loads of friends. We're fun, I promise! Also, the classics exec are doing tours of relevant bits of campus and you're being introduced to your mentoring group (basically second and third years who can be your first port of call if you have any problems) tomorrow after the departmental welcome party. Strike up conversation there and you'll already have friends to sit with in lectures and whatnot. It won't be nearly as intimidating as you think.
Don't forget that Warwick Student Cinema has a FREE screening of 21 Jump Street tonight, 6.30 and 9.30pm, for all those who want a laugh before going out or those who do not wish/can't go out. Come by and visit our stall in the SU atrium today (and say hi to me! I'll be there all day) and pick up your FREE A2 wall poster, showing every film we'll be projecting this term! Don't forget to pick up your freshers bag for your WSC booklet, containing reviews and details for over 60 films!

Hope to see you there! :ahee:
Can we buy individual tickets for any events with cash besides on the doors?
Original post by chakdeindia25
Can we buy individual tickets for any events with cash besides on the doors?

I think you can if you buy in advance at SUHQ (above Costcutter). Make sure you take your university card with you.
Reply 453
Can't believe Wiley.
Original post by Femto
Can't believe Wiley.

Allow him.

I get 3 free tickets now... including Pressure - my most anticipated event I guess.
Reply 455
Original post by tehforum
Allow him.

I get 3 free tickets now... including Pressure - my most anticipated event I guess.

Yeah. I mean it's not like I care that he didn't come - it's just the manner in which he aborted it was sick.
For those just unable to wait for term 2... :colone:

Original post by Nirgilis
For those just unable to wait for term 2... :colone:

I want to PM you, but I can't.

:frown:
Original post by tehforum
I want to PM you, but I can't.

:frown:

Why not? :s-smilie:

Go to New PM, type my name in (spell it properly mind. It seems most people can't :rolleyes:) and see if that works? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest