The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
I've been lurking on this thread for ages, just reading all the information it was very useful. I found out I passed my FSAC at the end of January/ beginning of February and found out yesterday I've been placed in the MOD. Very pleased!

I wondered, is anyone else going to the open day on Monday?
Does anyone know if they do FSAC's on a Friday? Or if they ever release results on a Friday?
Original post by Rosaliec
I've been lurking on this thread for ages, just reading all the information it was very useful. I found out I passed my FSAC at the end of January/ beginning of February and found out yesterday I've been placed in the MOD. Very pleased!

Wanted to but won't get an invite to open days until I get my results for HoP.

Did you have to send all of your information off (the extra forms etc) before you got an offer of placement?
Reply 2044
Original post by F6053721
Does anyone know if they do FSAC's on a Friday? Or if they ever release results on a Friday?

The FSAC today is the last one in this round, so hopefully all results will be out tomorrow or Monday...

Won't stop me refreshing constantly today of course...
Original post by Stomm
The FSAC today is the last one in this round, so hopefully all results will be out tomorrow or Monday...

Won't stop me refreshing constantly today of course...

I'm going to say Monday will bring our results :smile: Lucky you, not having to wait months!
Reply 2046
Original post by ellie_flower
Did you have to send all of your information off (the extra forms etc) before you got an offer of placement?

I've sent off all my forms but my last reference only came in the day before so I don't know if that got sent to the mod before they made me an offer. My DAC check hasn't come through yet though so I don't think they need all of them.
Hi everyone,

I just found out on Monday that I was successful for the European Fast Stream and was wondering if anybody can shed any light on this mysterious final selection process?! I've been trying to get some information out of Parity, but all they'll tell me is that it's a paper based process and I don't need to do anything else...Does anyone have any idea of how many people they're cutting and on what basis? Or any idea of when they plan to let us know...I feel like I might explode if I have to wait any longer...!
Reply 2048
Original post by kyrilpananovitch
Hi everyone,

I just found out on Monday that I was successful for the European Fast Stream and was wondering if anybody can shed any light on this mysterious final selection process?! I've been trying to get some information out of Parity, but all they'll tell me is that it's a paper based process and I don't need to do anything else...Does anyone have any idea of how many people they're cutting and on what basis? Or any idea of when they plan to let us know...I feel like I might explode if I have to wait any longer...!

First, congratulations. Do you have your report/score yet? Second, good question - not much information on it, and what there is can be occasionally contradictory. Parity told me they have very little to do with it, so I contacted cabinet office who responded that it would basically just be a language check (do you have either the certificates required or do you need to take their own language assessment) and a nationality check, as per conditions of the role. Finally they said they'd then check the FSAC scores and assign in score order til there are no more posts available. If you haven't done the online selection tests through exemption, you'd also have to do those. Not sure how many they are cutting, I didn't ask. They'll let us know after the Diplomatic Service has taken its pick of EFS people going for both roles - the last FSB is 12th April, so hopefully shortly after that. Good luck!

Disclaimer - as I said, some info is contradictory (e.g. somewhere it was mentioned that the online test scores would be taken into account), so the info above is just that which stems from the European team at the Cabinet Office, as I see them as more likely to be right than Parity.
Reply 2049
I had my FSAC yesterday (28/3) - genuinely don't know how I've got on ... don't think I've been unnecessarily critical when filling in my own feedback. What'll be will be.

Congratulations!I was wondering what yoUr FSAC score is as I'm trying to estimate the time frame of my placement? (mines quite close to the borderline so I am worried it would be next year). Thanks!
Original post by lm222
First, congratulations. Do you have your report/score yet? Second, good question - not much information on it, and what there is can be occasionally contradictory. Parity told me they have very little to do with it, so I contacted cabinet office who responded that it would basically just be a language check (do you have either the certificates required or do you need to take their own language assessment) and a nationality check, as per conditions of the role. Finally they said they'd then check the FSAC scores and assign in score order til there are no more posts available. If you haven't done the online selection tests through exemption, you'd also have to do those. Not sure how many they are cutting, I didn't ask. They'll let us know after the Diplomatic Service has taken its pick of EFS people going for both roles - the last FSB is 12th April, so hopefully shortly after that. Good luck!

Disclaimer - as I said, some info is contradictory (e.g. somewhere it was mentioned that the online test scores would be taken into account), so the info above is just that which stems from the European team at the Cabinet Office, as I see them as more likely to be right than Parity.

Thanks! Yeah, I got my report and score on Monday with the results. Judging by the fact that I didn't find out until then and my score was 17.68 I suppose I'm probably towards the lower end of the EFS spectrum (making me even more nervous about this final selection!), but I'm trying not to kill myself second guessing it. Thanks a lot for all the information too - it definitely sheds some light on it! All of that would seem to imply that they put some extra people through to the final selection just in case some of the top scorers don't actually meet language/nationality requirements, which I think is unlikely anyway - surely nobody's thought they could get away with lying about it?! Or maybe they are giving preference to people with more than an A-level/better marks on the online tests...who knows. It's frustrating that it's so unclear what they're up to with this final selection when they've obviously made a conscious effort to ensure the rest of the process is transparent.

To get so close and find out you're unsuccessful at the final selection would be a killer...but oh well I guess I'll prepare myself for some more waiting and give up trying to guess my chances - at least 12th April isn't too far away. Best of luck to you too!
Reply 2052
Yeah - there are some similar conversations maybe 25 pages back on what might/might not be taken into account, and how many extras they might take. Thoughts were that extras were passed as DS might take some EFS, but might also take none if no one reached the standard at the FSB, and also that some people would apply without certificated proof of language ability, and then fail the language test they have to do instead. But I wouldn't worry about taking those with 'more than A-level' - I use French and German regularly at work but only have A-levels/AEAs in them, so I had the same worry that 'degree-level' would be given preference. I asked cabinet office about that specifically and they said it was only a check on Yes/No to certification or passing of the language test. Try not to worry about it and sit tight for a couple more weeks - the waiting is *almost* over!
Reply 2053
I've sent off all my forms but my last reference only came in the day before so I don't know if that got sent to the mod before they made me an offer. My DAC check hasn't come through yet though so I don't think they need all of them.

My Present Employment Reference is still only requested and I've been placed
Hi. Does anybody know how I can find a list of the possible departments and locations available to me in the gss (statistical stream)? I passed my FSAC in january and was assigned to a department but they declined giving me a job offer because apparently I did not seem interested in the roles that they were offering (I did not know anything about them, had been told that I didn't need to prepare/ research anything, and consequently struggled to ask any questions).

So anyway, now I need to be re-assigned. I'm not sure how long this will take, and whether other departments will find out that one department has already "rejected" me, and if this will negatively impact my re-assignment. Whilst I was looking forward to the HR side of the department I had been assigned to (pay, flexi-time, etc), potentially this is available at other departments too.

I would appreciate anyone able to give me a list of the possible departments I could be assigned to, so that I can give some suggestions.

Thank you and well done to everyone who has passed/ been assigned so far.
Reply 2055
I'd forgotten how distracting this waiting process was. Ended up keeping myself awake until well past 3am last night refreshing in the hope that it might update at some point past midnight, the end result being that I slept through all my alarms this morning and I was very late taking my eldest daughter into school for her last day of term...

I think I may be somewhat distracted today as well, constantly checking on my phone, refresh, refresh, refresh....

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting for a result, whether it be for just two days like myself, or several months. Our wait shall be over shortly, and for my part I really do hope that I've managed to improve suffuciently since my last FSAC to score over the pass mark, whatever it might be this year...
Have a thought for us with an FSB, who have to wait for results again :wink:
Original post by Stomm
I'd forgotten how distracting this waiting process was. Ended up keeping myself awake until well past 3am last night refreshing in the hope that it might update at some point past midnight, the end result being that I slept through all my alarms this morning and I was very late taking my eldest daughter into school for her last day of term...

I think I may be somewhat distracted today as well, constantly checking on my phone, refresh, refresh, refresh....

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting for a result, whether it be for just two days like myself, or several months. Our wait shall be over shortly, and for my part I really do hope that I've managed to improve suffuciently since my last FSAC to score over the pass mark, whatever it might be this year...

From what that message on the home screen says, looks like they don't give parity scores until Friday afternoons/Monday mornings when each week of assessments has been collected. So I wouldn't have thought we'd hear this morning so I'm saving myself the torture. I've started just checking about 6pm on an evening. My refresh button is getting a little break!
Original post by TomDixie
My Present Employment Reference is still only requested and I've been placed

where have you been placed? x
Original post by F6053721
From what that message on the home screen says, looks like they don't give parity scores until Friday afternoons/Monday mornings when each week of assessments has been collected. So I wouldn't have thought we'd hear this morning so I'm saving myself the torture. I've started just checking about 6pm on an evening. My refresh button is getting a little break!

Last FSAC was yesterday, so maybe they sent the result yesterday instead this week :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending