The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by richardp2020
Have a thought for us with an FSB, who have to wait for results again :wink:

If I get through this stage sufficiently well I'd have that to look forward to as well. On the plus side I managed to book myself in for a back neck and scalp massage this evening, so if I still haven't found out my result by then I'll at least be partially relaxed...

I think I need to distract myself with some manual labour down the allotment, and then at least if I put my back out hopefully they'll be able to at least partially fix it again this evening... :wink:
Reply 2061
Original post by richardp2020
Last FSAC was yesterday, so maybe they sent the result yesterday instead this week :biggrin:

When I was doing my FSAC on Wednesday they said that they'd be having the meeting to decide the final pass marks today. So other than actually doing the marking on the last people to go to their FSAC, most people should find out if they've got through or not pretty soon...
Reply 2062
Just to further torture myself I had another look back at the last time I did an FSAC which was back in 2008, not sure why I kept on telling everyone on Wednesday (including in the interview) that it was 2009 that the last time I did an FSAC, but well there you go...

Anyway, my FSAC had been on Tuesday the 1st of April, and I got the email through letting my know that I'd been unsuccessful at 16:26 on Thursday the 3rd of April...

So not all results are always given out on a Friday or Monday, but in that particular year I think they had to lay on an extra half week of FSAC's or something which may have explained it, either that or my 'never going to pass in a million years' score of 15 which I'm guessing likely didn't need to be double checked, etc...
Reply 2063
attended FSAC on wednesday, updated to awaiting results just now
Reply 2064
Original post by cloud99
attended FSAC on wednesday, updated to awaiting results just now

Snap, did you end up in the pub around the corner afterwards? I left my mobile number with the security reception for those who were still in interviews and I was still there at I think maybe as late as 8:30-9pm, however long it takes to drink either four or five pints...
Reply 2065
no, I rushed off to meet my brother for drinks so sadly didn't make it to the pub.

Refreshing the page has already become tiresome, and we've only be waiting a day!
Reply 2066
After I parted company with the last person at the pub I did of course ring my own brother to see if he was about and up for going to get a drink or two and maybe a bite to eat (he works in Kensington so just down the road from Westminster). It turns out that he was actually in Saltzburg, so not much chance of that happening...

But yes, refresh, refresh, refresh. The trouble is that you know that the final results are going to be out if not today or Monday, then certainly by then end of next week I'd say. So continually refreshing at this stage isn't the otherwise pointless exercise it may be, I don't think anyone will get 'amber banded' at this stage...
when you've been placed, how do you find out? Do you get an email? I'm starting to panic that I left sending off all my choices and forms too late!!!
I'm moving house today and all weekend. I'm too stressed. I'd convinced myself nothing til Monday. Now, I'm refreshing again inbetween lugging furniture around!
Reply 2069
Original post by F6053721
I'm moving house today and all weekend. I'm too stressed. I'd convinced myself nothing til Monday. Now, I'm refreshing again inbetween lugging furniture around!

The almighty 7th competency.... Keeping your head while gripped with equal portions of excitement and trepidation... Unable to resist the compulsion of Ctrl+R.

For those of us with FSBs, we still have another round of emotional rollercosters.
Reply 2070
Has anyone been through the TiB FSB before? The invite is too vague about what the exercise is like.
I attended the last FSAC yesterday.

We were told that results would be processed today and we should be hearing at 5-6pm if that helps anybody??
Original post by Ya Basta!

We were told that results would be processed today and we should be hearing at 5-6pm if that helps anybody??

Oh my. Nervous now
Original post by Ya Basta!

Oh I hope so, I want to know if I'm preparing for FSB or if I will be getting allocated to a department soon!
Well that's it. I'm constantly refreshing again. Going to be so unbelievably gutted if it's a no now. :frown:

Good luck to everyone waiting
Reply 2075
I've gotta work the late shift tonight in an area that has awful 3g coverage. So that's going to be fun for me whilst i'm refreshing to try and see how i've got on.

Good luck to everyone waiting for results.
Reply 2076
Original post by ellie_flower
where have you been placed? x

Transport.

I got an email saying they proposed placing me there and that Transport had seen my papers and would be contacting me soon to arrange postings. I've been handed over to their HR department but haven't heard from them yet.
Original post by obamtl
Has anyone been through the TiB FSB before? The invite is too vague about what the exercise is like.

Yes, it's vague, but I think that's because they do some kind of paper sift at the end. I don't think there is any kind of set scoring for the FSB :s-smilie:
Reply 2078
This is a bit like torture ... perhaps I should have gone hillwalking today or something - anything - to avoid sitting awaiting my fate lol

That being said, it's still quite exciting!
Just got an email, apparently the "results should be out next week some time".

GRRRRR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending