The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lovers in japan
Right, I'm annoyed.

Got a pass for HoP(!)

THEN got an email saying I was unsuccessful.

...it's like sorry, what?

Wut?! So two emails?! Hope you replied immediately!
Original post by cha4zz
So we know that the score is between 16.37 and 16.68 which someone else in the thread got.

16.55 and unsuccessful. Even more gash than about a month ago.
Original post by more tea vicar?
Wut?! So two emails?! Hope you replied immediately!

Yep, they confirmed to me that they only accepted people who chose it as their first choice.

I replied immediately with my disappointment at them not making this clear earlier in the application process, to prevent unnecessary applications.
Apparently I just missed the DS cut off! Got 17.8 exactly -- passed the HoP mark, but not invited to a FSB, probably because DS was my first choice. Ah well. DfID as first choice, then. xD
Original post by cloudofcalm
Apparently I just missed the DS cut off! Got 17.8 exactly -- passed the HoP mark, but not invited to a FSB, probably because DS was my first choice. Ah well. DfID as first choice, then. xD

I didn't even bother applying for DfID :p: I thought if I missed out on HoP, I probably wouldn't get it.
Right, I'm annoyed.

Got a pass for HoP(!)

THEN got an email saying I was unsuccessful.

...it's like sorry, what?

I'd have been gutted in the same situation, I suppose there's not a lot they can do other than apologise, but it must have been so disappointing :frown:
Yep, they confirmed to me that they only accepted people who chose it as their first choice.

I replied immediately with my disappointment at them not making this clear earlier in the application process, to prevent unnecessary applications.

That really sucks, but I did tell you that about two weeks ago. If you called them up, they were pretty up front about it!

I'm sorry they gave you a mixed message though, thats really unprofessional sending two emails!
I didn't even bother applying for DfID :p: I thought if I missed out on HoP, I probably wouldn't get it.

It seems like you can get a really high score (like way above HoP pass) and not get in just because of what you put, so I wouldnt let that put you off DFID. It really annoyed me that I wasnt just immediately unsuccessful for HoP because I put DS first. So annoying!
So I have just passes the sift stage and received an invite to an EAC. The invite contained a research topic question. My question is can I just memorise a pre prepared essay/report and write it verbatim on the day within the 30 mins (times 2 reports), or will the question on the day ask for a specific analysis regarding a particular aspect of the topic and hence should not proceed with the above strategy.
Original post by ellie_flower
That really sucks, but I did tell you that about two weeks ago. If you called them up, they were pretty up front about it!

I'm sorry they gave you a mixed message though, thats really unprofessional sending two emails!

After I read what you wrote, I rang them, and they told me that this was not confirmed and I should wait until the results...
After I read what you wrote, I rang them, and they told me that this was not confirmed and I should wait until the results...

so weird...?!
Original post by ellie_flower
so weird...?!

I know right?! Hence my irritation! But it's done now, sent off my departmental stuff... so we'll see.
Is there a list of departments which accept fast streamers anywhere?
Reply 2313
Original post by Magnum Opus
Is there a list of departments which accept fast streamers anywhere?

All of them...
Original post by Stomm
All of them...

edit: in fact don't bother
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2315
There are more common departments that accept fast streamers. The littler ones don't because they don't have the budget, I'll type up the list that were there on Monday if you want?

Congratulations to those who got in or got fsb! And I'm sorry those who didn't especially as its so close.
Reply 2316
Original post by Rosaliec
There are more common departments that accept fast streamers....I'll type up the list that were there on Monday if you want?

Yes please that would be great.
Original post by Rosaliec
There are more common departments that accept fast streamers. The littler ones don't because they don't have the budget, I'll type up the list that were there on Monday if you want?

Congratulations to those who got in or got fsb! And I'm sorry those who didn't especially as its so close.

This is what I was getting at! :smile:

Thanks, that'd be helpful (and interesting).
Reply 2318
Here are the ones that atttended the open day:

*Business, innovation and skills
* communities and local governments
* Education
* International development
* Transport (I met three people placed here, they're recruiting a lot!)
* Health
*Work and pensions
* Energy and climate change
* Foreign and commonwealth
* Her majesty's revenue and customs
* Home office
* Intellectual property office ( they were really friendly, and a newer department. They travel a lot to Brussels, the guy was going to Paris the next day. I think theyre one to research)
* Ministry of defence
* Ministry of justice
* Scottish government

There were also a couple of departments that couldn't be there but i can't for the life of me remember who they were.

I hope this helps
Original post by rach2012
What scheme did you apply for?

GFS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending