The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestown
it's so frustrating! mine changed today to 'awaiting results' but i had the fsb about a week earlier than you so i guess that's why

Grr! They told us that they would be marking us during last Friday and this Monday so I don't know why they haven't changed my status!
A question for any of those already been given the disclosure Scotland forms. Can you state what level of disclosure is being requested is it basic, standard or enhanced?

The character forms on the FS web site states you don't need to list any convictions considered spent but depending on the level of disclosure this information may be provided.
Original post by GenerationX
A question for any of those already been given the disclosure Scotland forms. Can you state what level of disclosure is being requested is it basic, standard or enhanced?

The character forms on the FS web site states you don't need to list any convictions considered spent but depending on the level of disclosure this information may be provided.

I am assuming it is Basic considering what they asked - I have enhanced clearance in my current role and the form was much bigger that had to be filled in.
Reply 2523
Shelly, what was requested in the enhanced clearance, that wasn't requested in the basic one?
Original post by nius
No...what about yourself?

Nope nothing. What position are you in again? not sure whether we will have moved any yet. I know its only been a week since we found out but it feels like an eternity!!!
Reply 2525
Original post by GenerationX

Basic.
Thanks for the reply Shelly and Evidza
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by more tea vicar?
Grr! They told us that they would be marking us during last Friday and this Monday so I don't know why they haven't changed my status!

so i rang the fco this morning, and they said end of may or early june because all the assessors have to coordinate their assessments and this takes time...
so i rang the fco this morning, and they said end of may or early june because all the assessors have to coordinate their assessments and this takes time...

6 weeks to coordinate assessments?! That is frankly ridiculous!
it also means if unsuccessful we'lll be entering the rest of the gfs pool about 2 months later than everyone else!
Reply 2530
I talked to them yesterday and they said probably some time next week! I think the best lesson to draw from this is to trust nobody.
Original post by La Vache
I talked to them yesterday and they said probably some time next week! I think the best lesson to draw from this is to trust nobody.

Agreed - they're probably sick of calls from anxious applicants.

In the FSB documents, they said early May at the latest and IMO that's when we'll hear. Last year the results came out on the 3rd of May;
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1352173&page=77&page=77

Seeing as they do the same thing every year, I reckon that this is our best guide, so it's looking increasingly less likely that we'll hear this week.
Reply 2532
Original post by crazychick
Nope nothing. What position are you in again? not sure whether we will have moved any yet. I know its only been a week since we found out but it feels like an eternity!!!

Hi, don't think there's been any movement regarding the NIS reserve - I found out last week I'm placed first on the reserve list and there has been no progress yet. It's very easy to get addicted to checking to see if there has been any change (like me) but I'm guessing we won't find out for a while yet considering the time it took to get the FSAC results. Good luck anyway, I hope you get offered a position:smile:
Original post by rob_o
Hi, don't think there's been any movement regarding the NIS reserve - I found out last week I'm placed first on the reserve list and there has been no progress yet. It's very easy to get addicted to checking to see if there has been any change (like me) but I'm guessing we won't find out for a while yet considering the time it took to get the FSAC results. Good luck anyway, I hope you get offered a position:smile:

Thanks and good luck to you too. I guess if you don't get offered one at first place none of us will! I noticed last year that the person who was 4th on the NI reserve list got notified that she had a position within a week or so of getting her fsac result. Just our luck that things will undoubtedly move much slower this year! :-( guess we shouldn't complain tho!
Original post by La Vache

did you talk to parity or the fco though? because parity are saying this or next week but not the fco
Reply 2535
You'll know as soon as they can update all the successful people. Some turn down offer so they then go out to next tier. Calling won't make much difference other than clog up the time of the recruitment team (it is a central team who deal with applications for the whole Civil Service, used to be part of the Cabinet Office).
Reply 2536
My disclosure Scotland form took 2 weeks, but I had my meeting with my department yesterday and they said it will be minimum two months and might be slower due to the Olympics!

I'm about to head off to an interview for an interim placement in the houses of parliament ....it seems really bizarre considering I didn't apply for HoP but they emailed me offering two months work. Has anyone else had anything like this?
Reply 2537
did you talk to parity or the fco though? because parity are saying this or next week but not the fco

Ahhh, it was Parity :smile: That explains that then! How annoying that they both have different information!
To those on the NI reserve list, I don't think they have even contacted the successful candidates yet so I imagine it will be a while before they know whether they need any reserves.
Unsuccessful at the FCO FSB :frown:

Argh, I knew it. Buggerbuggerbugggerbugger. :frown: :frown:

Result came in at 19:27 last night, FYI.

EDIT: La Vache, did you get the women's email address for feedback? I might as well ask!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending