The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

hi all have etray for nifs next tues in belfast anyone else going on that date
how have you all been getting on with the etrays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by history_geek
It's EO rank and I'm not surely what my role would place me within the department... Hopefully, they will elaborate some what before hand. But I'm excited even at the possibility of getting a civil service role in London.

Sounds great, I definitely encourage you to take it up if you get the chance. If you apply for the fast stream next year you will find it easier having worked in government and having a feel for policy and doing things in your job that are similar to the exercises at FSAC etc.

DEFRA is an interesting department, might not be that high profile but it covers a lot of good policy areas, good place to get some experience.
just been offered a role at Defra through the direct appointment scheme :smile:
Reply 2983
Original post by history_geek
just been offered a role at Defra through the direct appointment scheme :smile:

Ditto, just filling out my pre-appointment check forms now.
Original post by Stomm
Ditto, just filling out my pre-appointment check forms now.

Does anyone know what kind of information or documents we need to provide about periods of unemployment in the last three years for Civil Service pre-appointment checks? (I had a period from graduation until the march of the following year)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sempitern
I believe the most important thing is that you verify (or just confirm) what you did in that time. Only for some departments is it problematic. On my application I had a couple of such periods, post graduation and post-job 1 and post-job 2. I simply confirmed I had a holiday, took a course whatever and then was job-seeking. It is more of an issue if you were out of the country for long periods *and* out of work or study since in such scenarios they cannot run a UK check or verify a foreign employer/school.

They certainly gave the best time of the year to fill out all these forms :P
Now I am getting ridiculously nervous about the timescales behind all this... they want to start by Mid-Jan at the latest, but they make us do all the paperwork over the Christmas period. I've submitted my pre-appointment paperwork, but I am current awaiting delivery the pieces of ID (payslips/bank statements) that I need to provide as part of the disclosure. Basically, I don't know whether I can get it in this week or next week, but not that much is going to get processed over christmas at any rate. I just want to sign a contract of some kind, and I don't want to foul this opportunity up.
(edited 11 years ago)

Z? Meaning what?
Reply 2989
Original post by dj_macky
Z? Meaning what?

Lol i replied so it would be easier to find this thread on the mobile app!
Original post by gtc1508
Lol i replied so it would be easier to find this thread on the mobile app!

Truth be told, I like this thread: active and informative!

Quick Reply

Latest