The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Anyone got an e-tray with the civil service in november?
Reply 301
Original post by Cloud 9
Chrrry, do the NI Fast Streamers have to do a competency questionairre?? I was completely unaware. I was about to do mine now because I'm working all weekend and have to do it before the 30th.. but now i really don;t want to!x

Yep, it's for NI Fast Streamers too and you have to complete it within the same time frame that you have for the reasoning tests. It's not timed tho, you don't have to do it under exam conditions or anything. I just kind of rattled through it, everyone I've spoken to have said there's no real way to study/revise for it, you have to just pick attributes which seem most like you and ones which seem least like you, and hope that your answers correspond with their ideal candidate :rolleyes:
Original post by chigz32

22nd in Bham :smile:
Reply 303
Original post by chigz32

November 8, London :biggrin:
Reply 304
Original post by Antzlck
November 8, London :biggrin:

November 10th, London! No idea how to prepare apart from that one mock e-tray they give us. Also, do you know if they'll be testing our numerical/verbal skills?
Reply 305
Original post by chigz32
November 10th, London! No idea how to prepare apart from that one mock e-tray they give us. Also, do you know if they'll be testing our numerical/verbal skills?

They will, but it's not so much a test - more checking you weren't cheating the first time around!
Reply 306
Original post by Jimdog
They will, but it's not so much a test - more checking you weren't cheating the first time around!

Ahh that's okay then. Still got some time to prepare for the day as whole.
Reply 307
Original post by chigz32
Ahh that's okay then. Still got some time to prepare for the day as whole.

Prepare? I thought it's just an etray excercise really. How can you prep for that beyond doing the practice etray on the online (I'm not going to do that until the day before) and I guess finding some hints and tips on the interweb.
I still haven't heard back, let's hope I get some good news today!
Reply 309
Anyone got a general timeframe for how long it takes between doing the online tests and getting the results? Is it the same across the board or does it take longer/less time for NI Fast Stream?

Ugh, hate waiting. Don't know why I'm so keen to find out tho lol Pretty sure I won't have gotten through, but...put me out of my misery!! heh
Original post by Eglantine
@ Tomlones - yes, I failed the online test round last year because of the self-assessment questionnaire. I was in the top 13% for verbal and top 9% for numerical, but the bottom 45% for the questionnaire. :-( Which is really maddening because I do think different people interpret the questions in very different ways, and because it's so difficult to know how to do better. Here's hoping things went better for me this time round...

How do you find out what ones you passed and what ones you failed?
Reply 311
Original post by Tensa_Zangetsu
I still haven't heard back, let's hope I get some good news today!

Ditto, hate waiting!
Original post by Kt.b
Ditto, hate waiting!

I hate waiting but at the same time I'm worried about getting bad news.
Reply 313
I hate waiting but at the same time I'm worried about getting bad news.

Same, I really want to get through. And I know that my verbal/maths was fine as I passed a harder one that I took on the same day. I just know it's that competency questionnaire that's put me in limbo. :frown:
Reply 314
@ Tremendous - I emailed to ask them, and they let me know which percentile I placed in. They didn't tell me which one was responsible for me not getting through, but I think it's pretty obvious in my case (looking at the figures).

To everyone keeping their fingers crossed for a result this week - me too! Good luck to all (as technically impossible at that is, lol). :-)
Original post by Kt.b
Same, I really want to get through. And I know that my verbal/maths was fine as I passed a harder one that I took on the same day. I just know it's that competency questionnaire that's put me in limbo. :frown:

I completely fluffed the tests, I'm hoping I guessed right on most of them! I think it's the fact that it is timed that puts me off. Let me know on here how you do!:smile:
Reply 316
I completely fluffed the tests, I'm hoping I guessed right on most of them! I think it's the fact that it is timed that puts me off. Let me know on here how you do!:smile:

Will do, hopefully won't be mid-December!
Reply 317
Anyone one from the Analytical Fast Stream still waiting to hear or received a reply? Feels like the closing date was ages ago!
Reply 318
Original post by Antzlck
Prepare? I thought it's just an etray excercise really. How can you prep for that beyond doing the practice etray on the online (I'm not going to do that until the day before) and I guess finding some hints and tips on the interweb.

That's what I mean.
Reply 319
Original post by chrrry
Anyone got a general timeframe for how long it takes between doing the online tests and getting the results? Is it the same across the board or does it take longer/less time for NI Fast Stream?

Ugh, hate waiting. Don't know why I'm so keen to find out tho lol Pretty sure I won't have gotten through, but...put me out of my misery!! heh

I applied to the NI Fast Stream at the end of September and still haven't heard anything. I assume that my marks are borderline and they haven't decided on the cut off mark yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending