The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by rainbow drops
Can you take the verbal and numerical tests separately? I want to do the verbal ones now and ideally take the numerical ones another day. It says you can take a 'break' between the tests on the site but I don't know whether that means a small break in the same session or whether you can actually log out and do it another time. Don't want to begin until I know for sure.

yes, you can take a week.
Hi Guys,

For all those who've already started the application process: is the 30/11/12 deadline just for the first reasoning test because My Applications wont display the deadline for any of the other excercises?
Original post by Quady
yes, you can take a week.

Thanks :smile: ended up biting the bullet and doing all three at once in the end. The personality one was really ambiguous.
Original post by rainbow drops
Thanks :smile: ended up biting the bullet and doing all three at once in the end. The personality one was really ambiguous.

Oh, I guess this answers my question!
By the way, I wouldn't recommend anyone uses practiceaptitudetests.com, the verbal ones seem to be written in Chingrish or something.
Reply 505
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Hi Guys,

For all those who've already started the application process: is the 30/11/12 deadline just for the first reasoning test because My Applications wont display the deadline for any of the other excercises?

I think the 30th is the deadline for getting into the system. I've been given 7 days to complete each subsequent step from the time I completed the previous one. (Currently putting off filling in the huge post-tests application form... :rolleyes: )
Reply 506
Original post by SameOld
I think the 30th is the deadline for getting into the system. I've been given 7 days to complete each subsequent step from the time I completed the previous one. (Currently putting off filling in the huge post-tests application form... :rolleyes: )

This.

Technically you can end up not completing the actual tests until after xmas if you so choose.
Reply 507
*Gives all the EAC people a pat on the head*

Good luck everybody!
Passed my EAC now onto FSAC, this is a truly rigorous process. Does anyone know if we get the scores from our FSAC written exercise we did at the EAC before we go to the FSAC? Would be nice to see if I was on the right track.
I suppose you need to request feedback. I did not pass my EAC and requested feedback because I wonder how much the non-economist exercise weight in the passing mark.

Some of the description sounded like it does not count towards the EAC mark (marked separately).

Does anyone know how long feedback takes?
Hello guys, I have my SAC next week, any help from someone who has been or done an FSAC excercise would be really appreciated!

I don't do a mathematical degree so I'm very nervous!
Original post by tekno
Has anyone heard back from the NI Fast Stream. I haven't heard a thing and I applied on the 29th September!! Kind of sticking with the mantra "no news is good news" but its a pain waiting lol

No but I only completed my tests yesterday - I read a few pages back that someone in one of the other streams got their results in about 15 minutes and when I didn't get that email my heart sank. I guess no news is good news though! I have no doubt I've failed the competency section however as I always fail them no matter what job I'm applying for.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars
No but I only completed my tests yesterday - I read a few pages back that someone in one of the other streams got their results in about 15 minutes and when I didn't get that email my heart sank. I guess no news is good news though! I have no doubt I've failed the competency section however as I always fail them no matter what job I'm applying for.

I'm not NI but I felt the same. My guess is that the people who fall into the very top (and possibly the very bottom?) band of results get emailed straight away, then they leave everyone else until they have an idea of where each candidate falls in the results spectrum. Just speculation :redface:
Reply 513
Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars

Sorry, I'm the one who wrote the 15 minutes thing. Didn't mean to get anyone worried if they didn't get an e-mail! At the time I had no idea what the process was but as the person below you has said, they'll email you pretty much immediately if your score means that you've definitely passed or definitely failed. For everyone else they wait until they've everyone's done the tests, and will set the actual pass mark then. So yes, no news is definitely good news :smile:
Ah you don't have to apologise for anything, it's not your fault! I don't think anyone has heard anything from the NI stream yet, but I won't be losing any sleep regardless :smile:
Lol, I panicked so bad in the self-assessed numerical reasoning test that I had to just skip it. I think I need to be much better prepared for the next stage.
Reply 516
Just done all 3 of my online tests..now the wait begins..when did people hear their results?
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Lol, I panicked so bad in the self-assessed numerical reasoning test that I had to just skip it. I think I need to be much better prepared for the next stage.

They made me feel like a total simpleton but I have to say I thought the actual tests were much more straightforward (dare I say it, easier?) than the example questions. A few people said the same a few pages back aswell. Maybe they do that on purpose to make us feel better :smile:
Reply 518
Original post by Rouz
Just done all 3 of my online tests..now the wait begins..when did people hear their results?

I completed mine at the beginning of October and am still waiting. You can get the results anytime up until mid December. Thats for the GFS anyway.
Reply 519
Original post by Willowi
I completed mine at the beginning of October and am still waiting. You can get the results anytime up until mid December. Thats for the GFS anyway.

This is my understanding for the GFS. An automatic pass mark has been set, and then there will be another cut of candidates [using a slightly lower pass mark possibly based on average candidate score] in mid-December who progress to the e-tray. If you do not hear within a couple of days then you will hear nothing until mid-December.

Has anyone applying to the GFS heard back from the etray? My understanding is that no pass mark will be set until mid-December, and the final cut will be as late as February?

Original post by Tensa_Zangetsu
Hello guys, I have my SAC next week, any help from someone who has been or done an FSAC excercise would be really appreciated!

I don't do a mathematical degree so I'm very nervous!

Sorry, but what is the SAC?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending