The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellie_flower
i dont want to raise your hopes, but the way I worded to the woman on teh phone was: if I'm successful when will i hear and she said tomorrow.

Dont put anything on this, but I think not hearing is VERY good news because you havent been rejected yet??!

Well, here's bloody hoping!
Original post by loopylooper
Ahhh only 4 remaining places then (or possibly less cos some non-posters may have had success). Did you get a message and a text/email? Or did u just find out from being online?

Slowly losing faith for NI scheme success now :frown:

Same here! :frown:

Hopefully will hear soon!
Reply 1602
Original post by TomDixie
I've got a friggin pass for Central Departments

HOLY CHRIST

Aw congratulations :shakehand: big pat on the back! I'm so jealous but at least this stands us in good stead for our Derby day prediction! Hopefully my result will be through before then too.

Seriously well done, have a drink on me :absinth:
Original post by schick_88
Same here! :frown:

Hopefully will hear soon!

Well I called them and they were zero help. They told me no-one from NI was finding out until the end of the FSACs. I pointed out someone already had success so then she backtracked saying I was amber banded (without asking for candiate number, date of FSAC - it could have been yesterday, or message on my scheme progress page). So the general message I got was "we dont have a clue, just be patient and wait" :frown:
Reply 1604
Hi all, long time lurker here.
Thanks for all the advice in the thread it has been very helpful.

I've been succcessful for CD but awaiting results for HOP.

I attended the open day for HOP Friday gone. Information gleaned from this is; there are only 2 or 3 places for the House of Commons and 2 or 3 places for the House of Lords.

They are looking for 10ish people to go to the FSB stage and they gave me the impression they will be choosing after all the FSACs are completed - and expect to hold the FSB interview stage in May or June - so quite a while to wait yet for HOP(ers).

Good luck to everyone on their application process.
Yep, just got a message through, I'm in shock.

I seriously don't know how this has happened...

Good luck to everyone else, I really mean that

That's really really great, your commitment to being a part of the fast stream is pretty evident through thread activity :biggrin:

Also gives me hope - with an unsuccessful for HoP I still haven't heard about CD but they might've narrowed the band further today in which case might still be in with a shot.
Reply 1606
Original post by rach2012
Aw congratulations :shakehand: big pat on the back! I'm so jealous but at least this stands us in good stead for our Derby day prediction! Hopefully my result will be through before then too.

Seriously well done, have a drink on me :absinth:

Thanks :biggrin: Did you watch the mini-derby today? It was shocking! I really hope you get in, be quality to have a fellow bluenose with me :biggrin:

Original post by SevenWonders
That's really really great, your commitment to being a part of the fast stream is pretty evident through thread activity :biggrin:

Also gives me hope - with an unsuccessful for HoP I still haven't heard about CD but they might've narrowed the band further today in which case might still be in with a shot.

Haha, yeah I've been posting away a lot haven't I. I'm a regular on other forums, so just added it to my daily routine :smile:

I really have got a feeling that there's a bigger difference between CD and HoP/DS this year, which would be cause for optimism, here's to you getting good news!
Original post by ellie_flower
Hi-I think we've got the exact same score lol! Still holding on for HoP but it was DS I really, really really wanted! Its the only reason I applied to fast stream to be honest!

Whats your opinion of HoP? Sorry to hear about your result. Also, when do you think we'll hear about HoP?!!!

I think our scores must be high but just not enough... I'd love to work for HoP, I put it as a choice for a reason. I think we'll hear this week if we're unsuccessful/successful... tbh if others hear and I don't, I'm gonna just take Central Departments.

Haha, yeah I've been posting away a lot haven't I. I'm a regular on other forums, so just added it to my daily routine :smile:

I really have got a feeling that there's a bigger difference between CD and HoP/DS this year, which would be cause for optimism, here's to you getting good news!

All this just feels like UCAS all over again farrr too soon! Waiting for offers from unis...
Reply 1609
Has anybody who applied for HR and did FSAC more than a week ago had there status updated?
Just trying to figure out if they've updated ours yet because I'm still awaiting results after nearly 8 weeks, anybody else think this must be a bad sign :frown:?
Reply 1610
Also, a bit off topic, does anybody else go to press the 'log out' button of the candidate website and worry that they'll have a moment of madness and press the 'withdraw application' button just above it instead? Or is this just me thats totally neurotic? lol
Anybody who got HoP - Unsuccessful, CD - Awaiting Results on 21st Feb heard back recently?

Looks a little like I'm going to be waiting for my probable rejection right until the end. Ohh well - if that's the case, gives me something to work with next time around.
Reply 1612
FYI for those who haven't been successful you can still apply to work in the civil service whilst waiting to try the graduate scheme again next year;

https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi
Reply 1613
Original post by rach2012
Also, a bit off topic, does anybody else go to press the 'log out' button of the candidate website and worry that they'll have a moment of madness and press the 'withdraw application' button just above it instead? Or is this just me thats totally neurotic? lol

*raises hand*

Kind of like that feeling of wanting to jump when you go close to the edge of a big drop. I'm not alone with that one am I? :tongue:
Original post by TruckBear
Anybody who got HoP - Unsuccessful, CD - Awaiting Results on 21st Feb heard back recently?

Looks a little like I'm going to be waiting for my probable rejection right until the end. Ohh well - if that's the case, gives me something to work with next time around.

Same as you & same date. You never know - it's not over til it's over.
Original post by Moonberry
Hi

Long time lurker here. Just found out I have been successful for the northern Ireland scheme. I absolutely can't believe it. I have had to take a screen shot of the results page just I case they change it and say it has been a mistake after all. Well done everyone who has just found out they passed.

Hey just wondering did they just say successful or did it also give your score? It'd be great to know your score to see what we are up againist :wink:
Original post by loopylooper
Hey just wondering did they just say successful or did it also give your score? It'd be great to know your score to see what we are up againist :wink:

Scores don't come out until the feedback is issued - which won't happen until all the FSACs are over, barring those going forward for FSB.
Loopy looper your phone conversation with parity has made me even more convinced that they are going to turn round and say that my pass is a mistake!!!! I didn't get an email message or anything. I just noticed an unread message when I logged into the site.

Beside FSAC under 'my applications' it says successful and then I have been given a link to a whole load of pre appointment forms to fill out. I haven't been given my score and presume that I don't get this until the reports are issued. Maybe someone from another scheme could confirm this.
Original post by Moonberry
Loopy looper your phone conversation with parity has made me even more convinced that they are going to turn round and say that my pass is a mistake!!!! I didn't get an email message or anything. I just noticed an unread message when I logged into the site.

Beside FSAC under 'my applications' it says successful and then I have been given a link to a whole load of pre appointment forms to fill out. I haven't been given my score and presume that I don't get this until the reports are issued. Maybe someone from another scheme could confirm this.

I'm pretty sure they cant do that, plus you've got the screen shot right :wink:
No I think the phone conversation just highlighted that they dont really have a clue whats happening with all the schemes. They probably just have automatic answers about amber banding etc and I would suspect that all I can do is continue to hit refresh - or maybe just attempt to be patient :s-smilie:
If I were u I wouldnt worry, I would celebrate your brilliance and leave the worrying to the rest of us :smile:
Reply 1619
*raises hand*

Kind of like that feeling of wanting to jump when you go close to the edge of a big drop. I'm not alone with that one am I? :tongue:

Haha, I wouldn't go that far :unsure:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending