The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
has anyone else applied for the northern ireland fast stream
Yay - submitted the other day and got invited to the EAC today - bad news is that my flat mate has been invited to the same EAC with the same question to research!
Reply 162
Original post by ellejaytee
Yay - submitted the other day and got invited to the EAC today - bad news is that my flat mate has been invited to the same EAC with the same question to research!

Isn't that a good thing since you can learn of each other?
Original post by Daui
Isn't that a good thing since you can learn of each other?

I think its good and bad, if one of us gets through and the other doesn't...
So is it a real disadvantage to be applying as an undergraduate then? Oh dear...
Good luck everyone. I am just moving onto the second stage of 'practise tests'

I am not sure if anyone knows or has heard any facts and figures about how many people get through each stage, but:

Q: Out of those who get in the top 45% for both verbal and numerical reasoning tests,* how many of these get through to the next stage (e-tray)? Everyone?? Or do they take exact score or preliminary applicant info (degree etc) into account?

*[say, only about 30% of total applicants will be in the top 45% for both I'm guessing]
Reply 166
Just sat the 'real' test. Obviously no idea how I've done. Mathematics section was much harder on the real thing than in the practice part.

Fingers crossed. I hate these aptitude tests.
Reply 167
Original post by Joey_Barton
Q: Out of those who get in the top 45% for both verbal and numerical reasoning tests,* how many of these get through to the next stage (e-tray)?

The number getting through each stage of the Fast Stream process is published every year in the annual Fast Stream Report

If you look at the 'archived reports' they go back as far as 2000/1 and provide various stats broken down by scheme, university, sex, disability and ethnic background etc.

For the general scheme approximately the top 3,000 who pass the online tests make it to the e-tray stage. The exact number will vary depending on their expected recruitment needs that year
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 168
Original post by ellie_flower

Original post by ellie_flower
So is it a real disadvantage to be applying as an undergraduate then? Oh dear...

No, I have just joined the fast stream with only an undergrad degree.
I sat the last stage of the math and verbal tests on Friday afternoon, as well as the competency questions, but still no results. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to process it?
Can anyone give me any tips on the Numerical Reasoning Test? I took the practice tests today - the Verbal was fine but even after having brushed up on my maths skills the Numerical Test killed me, I only got half way!!! What the hell is up with this thing, it's so hard.
Original post by ReubenDurant
I sat the last stage of the math and verbal tests on Friday afternoon, as well as the competency questions, but still no results. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to process it?

At least until mid-October until the first of us hear back - from what I understand you're marked against other applicants so they wait until they have an idea of how everyone is scoring before setting the initial pass marks.
Reply 172
My due date for the real tests says by 12th October - that's by midnight tomorrow isn't it, not by tonight?

I'm fairly sure but now I'm having a panic!

I meant to do them today, but time got away from me, and I keep putting them off in case they don't go well.
Reply 173
Just done the tests - actually found the maths easier than I was expecting - managed to complete the whole test, which is unusual for me. Only a couple of guesses near the end.

Verbal I found quite difficult actually - I've been focusing so much on maths practice and just assuming my verbal would be all right that I didn't really think about it too much. I found I was saying cannot say a lot of the time - I really hope my verbal doesn't let me down.

And now the impatient wait for results.

What other things have people been applying for by the way? I've submitted to a few HR graduate schemes - not sure if it's what I really want to do but it's experience of app processes at least.
When do we find out if we've got onto e-tray? i submitted my BIG application form more than a week ago now and the process seems to have slowed down A lot since the stages before that. Any ideas?

Reply 175
Selection tests passed :biggrin: Now got to select my options and complete the full application form ... applying for the main program and do some in depth research as to the nature of the role and which departments I can see myself working in.
Got through the online selection tests :smile:

Edit: did anybody else get 4 messages through saying the same thing i.e. that you'd got through?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 177
Original post by TruckBear
Got through the online selection tests :smile:

Edit: did anybody else get 4 messages through saying the same thing i.e. that you'd got through?

Yes! :s-smilie:
Reply 178
Selection tests passed here too, woo! And I got 5 messages ... technology fail in the civil service recruitment department today. :biggrin:

Edit: isn't it kind of mad that all the currently anonymous internet people here who are applying might end up actually working together?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 179
*sigh* I guess that means they've set the initial pass mark then? Obviously haven't made it, which means more waiting I suppose to see if I make the cut later on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending