The Student Room Group

PE Single or double award grade?

My son has picked up his GCSE results today.

He took the PE double award and got AA. However, he can convert this to a single award and get an A*.

I am interested in your views as to whether he should take the AA or A*?
Reply 1
Any views??
Reply 2
bump
Huge bump, would really appreciate if someone could tell me what AA means, is that what I should be putting on a CV? or just an A?
Reply 4
Original post by stephen1126
Huge bump, would really appreciate if someone could tell me what AA means, is that what I should be putting on a CV? or just an A?

AA means you got an A in single and A in double award. If it was AB, you got A in single and B in double...
Original post by N.Choi
AA means you got an A in single and A in double award. If it was AB, you got A in single and B in double...

But I definitely got an A* in single :s-smilie:. My school called the exam board and confirmed that.
Reply 6
Original post by stephen1126
But I definitely got an A* in single :s-smilie:. My school called the exam board and confirmed that.

If you got an A* then say you got an A* in your application. So what did you get for double then?
Original post by N.Choi
If you got an A* then say you got an A* in your application. So what did you get for double then?

On my results sheet it had an A* for single PE then AA for double.
Reply 8
Original post by Greensleeves
My son has picked up his GCSE results today.

He took the PE double award and got AA. However, he can convert this to a single award and get an A*.

I am interested in your views as to whether he should take the AA or A*?

I presume you are talking about BTECs. If he has those 2 grades listed on his official results then both have been requested and you cannot get rid of either. The one that officially counts is the Distinction Distinction.
Reply 9
Original post by Compost
I presume you are talking about BTECs. If he has those 2 grades listed on his official results then both have been requested and you cannot get rid of either. The one that officially counts is the Distinction Distinction.

No, it's GCSE. He was awarded A* for the single and AA for the double. As it happened, when the certificates arrived he was awarded both the A* and the AA!
Original post by Greensleeves
No, it's GCSE. He was awarded A* for the single and AA for the double. As it happened, when the certificates arrived he was awarded both the A* and the AA!

He will have both but as the single GCSE is formed from part of the double award he can only count them as 2 GCSEs at AA. he cannot choose to reject the AA in favour of an A*.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest