The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gravitationalpull
Why would you mention grades alongside? What were you trying to prove?

I'm trying to brag about my results just to piss off people like you
1A* 5As 4Bs
I want to do economics at LSE and go on to train as a chartered accountant.
Mine aren't much to brag about compared to other peoples but A,A,B,B,B,B,B,C,C,C. :h:
Original post by TheMJCG
Hey TSR!
I got 2A* 3A 2B 2C and I want to got for medicine. What did you get and what do you want to study in University.

Why would you brag about b's and c's :biggrin:
Well done everyone! I got 13A*s! Medicine's the aim (sorry to be predictable!)
Original post by PAPAdawg
ever since i was 1 year old it has been my life long dream to work in a big investment bank and do some investment banking, maybe i'll work for the UN on saturdays for a bit of extra, and as a surgeon on sundays. this is the bare minimum i expect from my future career

now i just can't go on. i only got 14 A*s and an A. i'm so depressed i can't go on. i might not get into oxford, or god forbid even into some lesser uni like warwick. im going to be a failure for the rest of my life

Well that didn't work out in your favour.
Original post by gcsejitters
Well done everyone! I got 13A*s! Medicine's the aim (sorry to be predictable!)

Same here :smile:
Lol @ you little kids getting happy over GCSEs...
GCSEs are piss-easy
Original post by PAPAdawg
ever since i was 1 year old it has been my life long dream to work in a big investment bank and do some investment banking, maybe i'll work for the UN on saturdays for a bit of extra, and as a surgeon on sundays. this is the bare minimum i expect from my future career

now i just can't go on. i only got 14 A*s and an A. i'm so depressed i can't go on. i might not get into oxford, or god forbid even into some lesser uni like warwick. im going to be a failure for the rest of my life

Mate, you've got a Bachelor of Science in Economics.
Original post by Boom533
Same here :smile:

Well done, distant twin! :wink:
Original post by Boom533
Hate how everyone who has already done GCSEs says that it is easier now. No, of course it can't be that we try harder and therfore get better grades, instead it has to be the easier papers...

I hope your being sarcastic. What makes you think people try harder now. Its all about government statistics. The population hasn't somehow become smarter.

Same for A levels, they are piss easy compared to past ones. You can just look up the old papers
Reply 71
5 A*'s, 3A's, 2B's and 2C's - want to do Economics at Uni :smile:
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Mine aren't much to brag about compared to other peoples but A,A,B,B,B,B,B,C,C,C. :h:

your results are awesome, I got very similar, except I don't think they're TSR-awesome.. you need at least 5A*s to qualify for that
Reply 73
Original post by Computerised
GCSEs are piss-easy

So is your mother.
Reply 74
Got an AABBBBCCCCCC and Welsh Baccalurate.

WOOT I GOT AN A IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LIT

That's all I have to brag about, and most of you got A*s anyway :'(

*hides in corner*
Reply 75
Original post by Computerised
GCSEs are piss-easy

I second that. Oh they will see, they will see... :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think it's pretty bad that a quarter of students got a grade A. They need to make the syllabuses more demanding.
Reply 77
Got an A*, 6 A's and 5 B's. Was hoping for a couple more A*'s and A's but there not bad :smile:
Reply 78
Was shocked today when I got 10A*s, and I want to do vet med :smile:
Original post by hazelsaurus
your results are awesome, I got very similar, except I don't think they're TSR-awesome.. you need at least 5A*s to qualify for that

Aw thanks, bet yours are good then. Haha you do, i only got A*'s in the mods, but i'm just glad i didn't fail any exams and am going to sixth form :h:

Latest