Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Accommodation 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Charlotte :3
I'm in Hawthorns Hall - K-22

I never looked at the rooms and I can't find any pictures :'/ ... all I know is that I have a washbasin in my room. Oh and that they are off-campus (the one thing I did not want! :'S)
Does anyone know what they are like?

Also...I got the letter late and it says they want the £450 to be paid by the 31st of August...as it is clearly impossible for me to have made the deadline, do I lose my room or something? :O

Haha, its hardly off campus and not comparable to being actually off campus in any way, you're surrounded by students! The centre of campus is also just a 10/15 minute walk away. The rooms are pretty decent as student accommodation goes. Hawthorns rooms have lots of storage compared to some of the other halls with the same type of room. You get a massive bookcase, wardrobe, two overhead storage cupboards, a desk and chair, a bed and a bedside table, oh and a bin.

Don't worry about that letter with the deadline, just pay it asap. The dates were messed up because of a delay with assigning accommodation I believe. You won't have lost your room. :h:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 81
The Oaks A-122?

Haven't seen one other person in Oaks yet. Im gonna try & asked to get switched to Lindsey Court.
Reply 82
Dam, my room switch hasn't gone through. Once the rooms have been allocated and contracts sent out, then you can't switch unless you have a genuine reason. I tried to explain to them that I did have a genuine reason, but 'wanting to be close to the pub' doesn't count apparently.
Reply 83
Everywhere I've checked on facebook and stuff seems to show I'm the only fresher in Horwood block J, everyone else seems to be second years O_O

I'm still not sure whether this is a good or bad thing.....
Reply 84
Original post by Jonnaius
Everywhere I've checked on facebook and stuff seems to show I'm the only fresher in Horwood block J, everyone else seems to be second years O_O

I'm still not sure whether this is a good or bad thing.....

Are you sure? Second years weren't even allowed to apply for accommodation on campus unless they were international, med students or require a room because of a disability or something, I think. :confused:
Reply 85
Original post by Dadeling
Are you sure? Second years weren't even allowed to apply for accommodation on campus unless they were international, med students or require a room because of a disability or something, I think. :confused:

I'm a med student too, I'm think it was probably the Medicine freshers group on facebook I saw people saying they were in Horwood as second years. I'll go check though.... :confused:

EDIT: Yeah it was Med students. Fair few of them too - maybe they're on the other floors.... I hope so, I want some people who don't know each other in my corridor so it's less awkward!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dadeling
Haha, its hardly off campus and not comparable to being actually off campus in any way, you're surrounded by students! The centre of campus is also just a 10/15 minute walk away. The rooms are pretty decent as student accommodation goes. Hawthorns rooms have lots of storage compared to some of the other halls with the same type of room. You get a massive bookcase, wardrobe, two overhead storage cupboards, a desk and chair, a bed and a bedside table, oh and a bin.

Don't worry about that letter with the deadline, just pay it asap. The dates were messed up because of a delay with assigning accommodation I believe. You won't have lost your room. :h:

Thanks! That has really helped me out :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Charlotte :3
Thanks! That has really helped me out :smile:

On the Keele site is says we don't need to pay the accommodation till the 15th?

http://www.keele.ac.uk/newstudents/#1
Original post by Drtux

I got a letter about my accommodation a couple of days ago, (telling me my room and they also sent me a contract to take with me when we go) and in the letter it said I had to make an advance payment of £450 - £150 was refundable deposit and "£300 towards the first instalment of fees due". It then said this should be paid by the 31st of August and listed ways to make the payment...

I got it done today, so I don't think it matters too much if it's late :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Drtux

and its also mentions the 15th September on my accommodation letter
Reply 90
*Sigh* Keele accommodation be driving me crazy, apparently i can have a transfer but it has to be too a different block and that I have to turn up and sign the contracts on the day that i move in. Hopefully this will be the last room transfer request i'll have to deal with.
(edited 12 years ago)
Another thing I forgot to ask about...in the Hawthorn Hall kitchens, what is provided? Toaster, kettle, etc ??

A bit random but wondered if I should buy them to take...:smile:
Reply 92
No microwave? :frown:
Haha thanks :smile:

Original post by Jarc
No microwave? :frown:

:O Nooooooo! :P
Thank god! lol :P
I'm in Lindsay halls block G! But I can't find anyone else that is! Anyone?
Also does anyone know if block G is mixed gender or all male?
To anyone stressing about being given accommodation in Hawthorns:

It is NOT off campus! Hawthorns is by far the best halls, it is it's own little community.

Ok, there's a 10/15 min walk and you can't just roll out of bed and into lectures but trust me after a few weeks of takeaways, snakebites, afternoon naps etc. you'll be glad of the exercise or the clothes you brought might start to feel a bit snug.

I lived in Hawthorns in my 1st and 3rd years (that's right, I chose to return!) and they were honestly the best years of my life. Templar Bar is like a second home and because the other halls are closer to the centre they lose the community feeling you get in Hawthorns.

If you have been allocated a room in Hawthorns do not panic, you will have a great time! Any questions, I'd be glad to try and answer!
Reply 97
I have a room empty in my student share and I am urgently looking for a female student to fill it!

It's a lovely modern 6 bed in Stoke, £58 a week and £150 deposit. Much cheeper than on campus. In a central location in Stoke and less than min walk to bus stop and street full of shops. We are a social lot and go out regularly.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested and want to know more.
Or Private Message me on this site.
Reply 98
Original post by Jonnaius
I'm a med student too, I'm think it was probably the Medicine freshers group on facebook I saw people saying they were in Horwood as second years. I'll go check though.... :confused:

EDIT: Yeah it was Med students. Fair few of them too - maybe they're on the other floors.... I hope so, I want some people who don't know each other in my corridor so it's less awkward!

Helloooo I'm a second year med student and TRUST ME second years will save your life when it comes to exams so take advantage of us being around Horwood! Also I'm in a Z shed with 5 other people, so there's 2 more girls we're waiting to find out who they are- when we reapplied for accommodation I asked them if they'd be freshers and the accommodation lady was like "we'd never put a couple of freshers with a load of second years" so don't worry, you'll have some freshers fwends. Also the people I know in your block are great!

ps http://www.facebook.com/pages/Horwood-Hall-Z-Sheds-201112/143161539107508?sk=wall&filter=1 for anybody in a Z shed
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Tancock75
Find your neighbours!!

I got my accommodation through today, I'm guessing so did most people so...

Im in Horwood Hall, Block Z-21.

To any current Keele students: How is Horwood??

Horwood is generally quite nice, the room sizes are good too. Z Sheds are very nice. Horwood has one of the best bars too. I'm going into my third year and one of my best mates lived in Horwood, I spent a lot of time there, so if you have any questions just ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest