The Student Room Group

Gcse grades good enough?

Hey everyone, so today as you all know was GCSE results day!, below in my signature are the results I got, and I they good enough to study economics at uni ?

Thanks guys :biggrin:
Reply 1
Well done on your GCSE results!

They are good, you might struggle a bit with top universities that like GCSEs (like LSE, UCL and Warwick) but it's nothing very good AS grades can't make up for! What subjects are you doing for AS?
Reply 2
Original post by Tateco
Well done on your GCSE results!

They are good, you might struggle a bit with top universities that like GCSEs (like LSE, UCL and Warwick) but it's nothing very good AS grades can't make up for! What subjects are you doing for AS?

Sorryy stupid question, but how can you see someones sig? I can't find it :s
Reply 3
Original post by itsmehello
Sorryy stupid question, but how can you see someones sig? I can't find it :s

I haven't got a sig :tongue: But if you want to know anything about me just ask
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tateco
I haven't got a sig :tongue: But if you want to know anything about me just ask

Ohh right lol, what about the OP's sig? or just in general where would it show when they post? Or their profile?
Reply 5
Ohh right lol, what about the OP's sig? or just in general where would it show when they post? Or their profile?

It should just show under their post, but you might have them disabled so have a look in your settings
Reply 6
Original post by Tateco
It should just show under their post, but you might have them disabled so have a look in your settings

Oh thankk youu!! It didn't show because they were disabled :colondollar:
Reply 7
Oh thankk youu!! It didn't show because they were disabled :colondollar:

No problem :smile:
Reply 8
They're fine, its mainly about your AS predictions, an amazing personal statement :smile:
Reply 9
they're fine. Didn't you look at uni requirements before you made a thread? We get so many of the same thread on here, if you want to do economics, go and look at the min requirements of different unis. If your GCSEs are good enough, you're on the right track. Simple.

It's the A-levels that matter the most though, so be ready to work hard.
Reply 10
Original post by Pride
Didn't you look at uni requirements before you made a thread? We get so many of the same thread on here.

This.
Reply 11
Original post by Tateco
This.

ahh, I'm glad people agree, the same threads keep popping up, 'will i be able to get into russel group unis?' 'is this good enough?' 'I'm not happy with my grade in history should I get a remark?' 'where can I go with these grades?' 'can I get a highly paid job with these GCSEs?' :blah:

do the research. It's easily accessible on the TSR wikis or on the uni websites, were not doing the work for you! :hand:
Reply 12
Original post by Pride
ahh, I'm glad people agree, the same threads keep popping up, 'will i be able to get into russel group unis?' 'is this good enough?' 'I'm not happy with my grade in history should I get a remark?' :blah:

do the research. It's easily accessible on the TSR wikis or on the uni websites, were not doing the work for you! :hand:

I know :sad:

Pretty much all threads end up as "am I good enough to get in" :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending