The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
their*
Reply 61
Original post by Sophie 101

Nope, in a couple of weeks hopefully. I'm still getting my PS marked and adding more stuff
Im seeing if my experience comes through soon first, but my college have a deadline in november to make sure everyone has sent them off so we'll see
Reply 63
Hi
i am also applying for physiotherapy 2012 entry!!!!:smile: so happy to see some other applicants for physiotherapy.:smile:

I am still working on my personal statement correction, start getting panic about which uni i should choose, i am thinking applying King's College London and Birmingham. I got AABB( Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Economics) in AS but dropped Economics, Is it good enough to go to this two uni? Which uni will you guys choose?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by MissLightyear
Interesting, I'll probably never do it though, just like to sound like Im full of ideas :wink:

Hey right DON'T mention animal physio as the universities are training you to treat people and want you to work in the nhs- after all they do pay your fees. If you mention animal physio it won't help your application chances are it might hinder it.
Original post by *Gee*
Hey right DON'T mention animal physio as the universities are training you to treat people and want you to work in the nhs- after all they do pay your fees. If you mention animal physio it won't help your application chances are it might hinder it.

Oh i know, im not even really interested in I just found it interesting that there were so many variations!

Are you already a student? How do you find the workload?
Reply 66
Heyyyyy!

I'm applying for physio for 2012 too :smile:

Sent my ucas off today, scary stuff!

Hows everyone getting on with applying?

xx

p.s a lil bit of advice about work experience if your struggling to find any. If you need NHS work experience apply directly to the hospital and not through your college (if thats what your college prefer you to do) because they tend to take ages! And it will probably take quite a while but be patient, i applied for mine last october and got it in April. Also with private hospitals if your applying for some them, literally just harass them til they give in! And if they keep saying no just ask for a day to just shadow a physio, or ask for contact info of one of the physios cos then at least you can ask them questions :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Poldol

Original post by Poldol

How much work experience have you had? I got some but it's damn difficult finding any. I got rejected within 5 seconds once...
Im struggling with work experience too, theyre all saying they only accept current students ... all i want to do is shadow them FGS! Im still on a waiting list for my 2 days at a hospital and have been given a number to speak to the physio department at a local special needs school, hopefully theyll work out soon, but I need a CRB check so doubt i'll have done it before I sent my application off (it needs to be sent next month due to college policy)
Reply 69
I've paid for mine and i should be done in a couple of weeks... :/

The work experience's really worrying, because i don't know how much unis prefer even though they say any WE is good. And my grades aren't exactly good enough so i really need some for my PS to make my application strong.
This year is so stressful!
Reply 70
Original post by xChrista
How much work experience have you had? I got some but it's damn difficult finding any. I got rejected within 5 seconds once...

I did a week in a NHS hospital and a couple of days shawdowing in a private hospital. But yeah I know what you mean, i emailed sooooo many physio pracitces asking for some but most of them either said they only give it to student physios or that they can't offer it :/ but keep trying and fingers crossed you'll get somewhere! and if that fails try nursing homes because even if you not actually working with the physios, you'll be with elderly people. And the unis know how hard it is to get w/e nowadays so as long as you say youve tried and can still show how much you know about physio, that should be okay :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by Poldol
Heyyyyy!

I'm applying for physio for 2012 too :smile:

Sent my ucas off today, scary stuff!

Hows everyone getting on with applying?

Polly xx

p.s a lil bit of advice about work experience if your struggling to find any. If you need NHS work experience apply directly to the hospital and not through your college (if thats what your college prefer you to do) because they tend to take ages! And it will probably take quite a while but be patient, i applied for mine last october and got it in April. Also with private hospitals if your applying for some them, literally just harass them til they give in! And if they keep saying no just ask for a day to just shadow a physio, or ask for contact info of one of the physios cos then at least you can ask them questions :smile:

Heyy, if you don't mind me asking what were your AS results? And where have you applied to?
Good luck btw :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by sas25
Heyy, if you don't mind me asking what were your AS results? And where have you applied to?
Good luck btw :smile:

Hey :smile: No worries, In my AS's i got 3 a's and a b (pschology, h. bio, dance and drama). And I'm applying to Cardiff, Birmingham, King's ,Keele and UWE :smile: How about you?
Reply 73
Original post by Poldol

Original post by Poldol
Hey :smile: No worries, In my AS's i got 3 a's and a b (pschology, h. bio, dance and drama). And I'm applying to Cardiff, Birmingham, King's ,Keele and UWE :smile: How about you?

Congrats on your results :smile: i got 2A's and 2b's (Biology, Psychology, History and PE). I'm applying to Nottingham, Birmingham, Liverpool, King's and Coventry.
:smile:
Reply 74
All of your grades worry the crap out of me. Here i am with BBB, and you lot with A's. I can smell the rejections already :P
Reply 75
I got ABBB, and am applying to Cardiff, Nottingham, Birmingham and UWE (and one other yet to be decided.)
And i have arranged a day's observation in my local hospital!! I have been trying for months and finally something! So excited :biggrin: Waiting until i've done it to send off UCAS though :wink:
Reply 76
I applied to do physio last year and got 5 rejections :frown: all of my unis gave me feedback though and said that if you haven't done work experience by the time you apply but you've got it lined up then you should write about what you hope to achieve at work experience in your PS and do some research, hope this helps :smile:
Original post by EmilyV123
I applied to do physio last year and got 5 rejections :frown: all of my unis gave me feedback though and said that if you haven't done work experience by the time you apply but you've got it lined up then you should write about what you hope to achieve at work experience in your PS and do some research, hope this helps :smile:

Aww that must have been a nightmare! But at least yoi got some good feedback. Are you reapplying this year then?
Reply 78
Original post by MissLightyear
Aww that must have been a nightmare! But at least yoi got some good feedback. Are you reapplying this year then?

Yep I'm applying again this year, since applying last year I've done a days work experience in a hospital and in a private practice aswell, i've written about it in my PS so I'm hoping I'll get an offer this year! :smile:
Original post by EmilyV123
Yep I'm applying again this year, since applying last year I've done a days work experience in a hospital and in a private practice aswell, i've written about it in my PS so I'm hoping I'll get an offer this year! :smile:

At least you dont have to worry about increased fees! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest