The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by PHYSIO2014
Currently at nottingham, we have in our first year - 6-7 mature students

Hellooo whats your fave thing bout studying physio at nottingham?
Does the fact that its not based on the main campus get annoying?
Also what sort of Qs do they ask at the interview? Ive heard the interview at notts is pretty intimidating etc!:s-smilie:
Original post by Svetla999
Hellooo whats your fave thing bout studying physio at nottingham?
Does the fact that its not based on the main campus get annoying?
Also what sort of Qs do they ask at the interview? Ive heard the interview at notts is pretty intimidating etc!:s-smilie:

Hey! Nottingham physio have a massive workload but most enjoyable is the practical sessions and being able to put the theory to the practicals - its actually a very close knit group as we are in our own building

it does depend where u want to stay but alot of our year stay on campus and they get a free bus to hospital called medilink and if u live out of campus there are close to a medilink stop as well so its not too much of a problem though you do have to wake up early to catch it

notts interviews are quite formal but the lecturers are lovely, they dont want u to fail! its mainly just why u want to do it? what module stands out to u? what can u bring to the course?

hope that helps :smile: xx
Original post by TaylorGang_4
We have a Anatomy and Physiology module.

Ok great, then it's likely :smile: I don't know too much about BTEC courses with uni admissions, but yeah just check the websites or contact them if you're still unsure. :colondollar:
Original post by emilym94
Ok great, then it's likely :smile: I don't know too much about BTEC courses with uni admissions, but yeah just check the websites or contact them if you're still unsure. :colondollar:

I think it all depends on the UCAS points due to the fact that the BTEC is equivalent to 3 A-Levels.
Reply 784
Original post by MrsH23
Can I ask how old everyone is? I'm a mature student (30) and wondered if the majority of students are from school or mature? Any existing physio students, I would love to hear your views on this too? Still nothing from UCAS; My emails have never been checked so often!

Hello, I'll be 22 when I start next September! I've spoken to quite a few physios from different universities and they've all said that around 1/3rd of the class can be mature students! Where have you applied to??
Sports Level 3 Diploma

not too sure!
ud need to email the unis ur interested in and ask!
Reply 786
Original post by PHYSIO2014
Currently studying first year physio at nottingham! happy to help anyone with any questions

I've recently had my interview for Nottingham.. So now I'm at that period where I'm constantly checking Ucas, the portal, and my post haha :tongue: .. Just wondering whether you know when I can expect a reply??
Reply 787
Original post by kd19
Hello, I'll be 22 when I start next September! I've spoken to quite a few physios from different universities and they've all said that around 1/3rd of the class can be mature students! Where have you applied to??

Have applied to MMU, Bradford, Hudds and Salford (my order of preference!!) not heard anything at all though :-(
anyone got 3, 4, 5 rejections? I got a rejection fom Kings today, but surprisingly I wasn't upset because I never really liked the course.

Also, anyone in the same boat as me where they feel they're not academically strong enough for this course right now? What are your plans? or anyone suggestions for this?

Thanks and Good Luck everyone!
Reply 789
Original post by sb123303
anyone got 3, 4, 5 rejections? I got a rejection fom Kings today, but surprisingly I wasn't upset because I never really liked the course.

Also, anyone in the same boat as me where they feel they're not academically strong enough for this course right now? What are your plans? or anyone suggestions for this?

I think you should definitely try and ring/email the uni's to get personal feedback to see how you can improve your application. But dont be too disheartenend though it's happens to the best of applicants.. Have you got rejected post interview or without interview (from kings)? and where did you apply?
Reply 790
Does anyone know if Universities accept the BTEC Sport Diploma for Physiotherapy?

well ive done a BTEC in Sports exercise science and ive got an interview in some universities and it says on most uni's entry requirements that they accept this but some want a Biology AS/Alevel along side it x
Reply 791
Original post by MrsH23
Can I ask how old everyone is? I'm a mature student (30) and wondered if the majority of students are from school or mature? Any existing physio students, I would love to hear your views on this too? Still nothing from UCAS; My emails have never been checked so often!

ill be 19 starting the course (if i get any offers) :smile: x
Original post by JosieGee
well ive done a BTEC in Sports exercise science and ive got an interview in some universities and it says on most uni's entry requirements that they accept this but some want a Biology AS/Alevel along side it x

what unis did you apply to and which ones did you get interviews for because i do the same course and i got declined from UEA and Brunel because they said i didnt meet the course specific requirements. i think my tutor might have ****ed me over with my predicted grades...if he did i'm going to college right now to fight him!!!
Reply 793
Original post by sb123303

Hi, I didn't get the grades last year so I'm now doing a foundation science year at UEA. You can transfer to physio from this but need to get 70% as an average grade for your work for the whole year. So this could be a back up plan if you miss out on grades :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 795
Original post by BennyBlanco1
what unis did you apply to and which ones did you get interviews for because i do the same course and i got declined from UEA and Brunel because they said i didnt meet the course specific requirements. i think my tutor might have ****ed me over with my predicted grades...if he did i'm going to college right now to fight him!!!

ive applied to... Manchester met, Plymouth, Sheffield hallam, Southhampton and Cardiff.. and ive got an interview with manchester coming up but still waiting for replies off the rest of them.
What are u aiming for.. pass...merit.. distinction wise coz i got DDD and im doing AS Biol..Psychol and PE now just to see if that will help me get in anywere!

Ohhh really :/ id go and ask him if i were you just to see what theyve said :/
Reply 796
Anyone got an interview at Sheffield Hallam on February 3rd in the afternoon?:smile:
Reply 797
Original post by pashoxphysio
well done :biggrin: i love mmu and really hope i get offered after my interview next month :P

Good luck :smile: the staff are lovely and really make you feel welcome! I cannot wait to start in September! Let me know how it goes for you :biggrin:
Have you looked at accommodation yet?
Reply 798
Original post by MrsH23

I will be 20 when I go but looks as though there are mature students that are applying :smile:
Reply 799
Does anyone know what grades RRR means in terms of an offer made according to the BTEC national extended diploma?
Has anyone had this offer made to them? Think they might mean DDD but not quite sure...

Quick Reply

Latest