The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Original post by themeadows
Hey, just wondering how your applications looking now, any news?

Nothhhhhhhing :frown: Still no news from Hudd or Salford, got my Bradford interview 26th March, hope they don't make me wait as long as the others for a reply! Have you firmed Bradford?
Original post by MrsH23
Nothhhhhhhing :frown: Still no news from Hudd or Salford, got my Bradford interview 26th March, hope they don't make me wait as long as the others for a reply! Have you firmed Bradford?

Well no news is good news! I did have to wait about a month for my offer from Bradford, but I was in the second batch of interviews so I guess they were waiting to see what everyone else was like. But I think the good thing is that they were having 8 interviews (held each Monday) with groups of 10, and we got told that 70 people would be made offers for 26 places. Obviously some may choose to have Bradford as their insurance and some may miss the conditions of their offer. I have firmed Bradford, liked the location, buildings are up to date, good facilities, I liked the size of the university, and as I would be living away from home, accomodation looks good too. Oh, and I like the fact that they don't do a dissertation in the final year, but you'll hear more about the course on Monday :smile: Sorry for the essay! x
(edited 12 years ago)
is this course funded by NHS in every uni ?
Original post by kd19
Thats really weird! you could email/ phone admissions and ask about it? They've already given out loads of rejections so in a way thats good news for you!! :smile:

Yeah I've firmed soton :biggrin: I already have the grades so just waiting for my CRB to clear and i'll be all set! Getting really excited! :smile:

Where else have you applied to/heard from? And good luck :smile:

Yeah I am going to give them a call just to be sure everything is ok with my application, this is my final chance of going to uni this year so I do hope its going to be good news.

I havent as of yet had any offers so its not been great! but fingers crossed for Southampton! :'))

Welldone on your place at Southampton, I'm sure you'll love it! :smile:

:smile:
Reply 1624
Original post by rosendory
ohh thats really good :smile: ... haha same ... good plan :wink: They both look really good uni's :biggrin: can't wait!!! oh wow you were really lucky to get a place at oxford brookes they were really picky so welldone!!! ... when was your interview there? :smile:

Ah really! How strange :smile: Aw thankyou :smile: Where else did you apply? I met someone at oxford brookes who was there at my birmingham interview too, might be you?! Brookes interview was 7th December.
Original post by BennyBlanco1
is this course funded by NHS in every uni ?

I believe it is. :smile:
Reply 1626
Finally heard back from everywhere!! the waiting is the worst. I've been very lucky and got 4/5 and have just sent my replies
Nottingham: conditional (firm)
UEA: conditional (insurance)
Keele: conditional
Plymouth : conditional
York St John: rejection

Good luck to everyone else, especially those who still have interviews! :smile:
Original post by IIhanahII
Yeah I am going to give them a call just to be sure everything is ok with my application, this is my final chance of going to uni this year so I do hope its going to be good news.

I havent as of yet had any offers so its not been great! but fingers crossed for Southampton! :'))

Welldone on your place at Southampton, I'm sure you'll love it! :smile:

:smile:

Hey, i called Southampton on Monday as i have not had any response from them either. Tha admin guy said that the team were still working their way through the UCAS forms. He also said that they had been asked to speed it up and that they would be offering interviews soon, which confused me a little as i didnt think they were interviewing this year. Hope this helps and good luck.
hiya
iv had a interview at manchester met on the 23 november for physio has anyone else thats applyed heard back from them yet ??.
Reply 1629
Original post by themeadows
Well no news is good news! I did have to wait about a month for my offer from Bradford, but I was in the second batch of interviews so I guess they were waiting to see what everyone else was like. But I think the good thing is that they were having 8 interviews (held each Monday) with groups of 10, and we got told that 70 people would be made offers for 26 places. Obviously some may choose to have Bradford as their insurance and some may miss the conditions of their offer. I have firmed Bradford, liked the location, buildings are up to date, good facilities, I liked the size of the university, and as I would be living away from home, accomodation looks good too. Oh, and I like the fact that they don't do a dissertation in the final year, but you'll hear more about the course on Monday :smile: Sorry for the essay! x

Just got a conditional offer from Huddersfield. WOO-HOOOOOO! So pleased!!!
Original post by MrsH23

Congrats!! Will that be your firm? :smile:
Original post by rosendory
Well its a Living Taster Day and its on Saturday 21 April 2012, 10.00 - 16.00. Oh so thats still high then! :smile: good luck, these last exams are gonna be hard!:smile:

Ohh yeah I got the email about that, I thought it was just accommodation though. Unfortunately i'll be working so can't go :frown: Yeah they'll be tough, all the best to you too :biggrin: Hope you get the last few offers.
Original post by MrsH23
Did you hear from Huddersfield yet? Still nothing from any uni's yet post interview. :-(

nope nothing yet :frown:
got an interview at manchester tomorrow though, so thats positive :smile:
anyone got an interview at manchester met tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 1634
Original post by 94_Hannah_94
hiya
iv had a interview at manchester met on the 23 november for physio has anyone else thats applyed heard back from them yet ??.

oh wow that was long ago! i had an interview there on 22nd february and they got back to me within about 3 weeks with an offer! you might want to give them a call and see where they are with your ucas application :smile:
No-one has applied to Bournemouth then?!!!! Anybody?!!
Original post by 94_Hannah_94
hiya

Yea I had an interview there then too! I still haven't heard back from them yet. I have sent them an email but not heard back yet :s-smilie:
Reply 1637
Original post by ComfortablyNumb
Congrats on the offer! What other universities have you visited? Anything more you could tell me? :-p

Thanks!

haha nope, think that's everything I can remember/you need to know. It was the easiest interview out of them all.

I visited Herts and York St Johns as well :smile:
Reply 1638
Original post by clarke137
I had an interview at Hertfordhire on the 7th march and they said they would make their decisions that night however the admissions team wouldn't get it on ucas for at least a week... Still waiting , it's horrible !!

I had to wait one month exactly before I heard back from Herts, that was a horrible wait!
Original post by MrsH23

Yay! Well done :smile: Who else are you waiting to hear back from?

Quick Reply

Latest