The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ironmike
As it stands, yes. However, some unis have lost their physio courses for next year (Leeds met and UEL spring to mind) and so they have either cancelled the course or are saying watch this space. It is possible I guess that some might run as privately funded courses, but without the help of the NHS bursary and with tuition fees going up, that is going to be one heck of an expensive course.

If you get onto a course at one of the unis who haven't had their course cancelled then yes it will be funded.

Leeds have only had their funding cancelled for the next academic year, they will be running for the 2013/14 year a funded physio course. They screwed up their numbers this year, offered far too many people places of which the majority were accepted. The majority of those offered places met the conditions of their offer so Leeds had to accept them, leading them to use up all their funded places for this year and next. It's just a temporary thing so they can level out the number of funded places they're allowed.
Reply 1661
Original post by xxemily59xx
What entry requirments is your offer? on the huddersfield website it says 320 UCAS points :smile:

I do an access course;
The UCAS website for Hudd says Overall Merit
Hudd Website says Distinctions profile with significant amount of Biological Science
My Offer says 30 Credits of 45 Credit access course has to be distinction, with ALL modules in Biology at Distiction. (Which is above 85% on our exams)
BUT I am completing a 60 credit course, (So have 2 extra biology modules than someone completing the course they based my offer on) so are they wanting 2/3 at distinction (i.e, 30 out of 45? Because on my course, 30 credits at Distinction is only 50% Distinction!
CONFUSED!!
Original post by MrsH23
I do an access course;
The UCAS website for Hudd says Overall Merit
Hudd Website says Distinctions profile with significant amount of Biological Science
My Offer says 30 Credits of 45 Credit access course has to be distinction, with ALL modules in Biology at Distiction. (Which is above 85% on our exams)
BUT I am completing a 60 credit course, (So have 2 extra biology modules than someone completing the course they based my offer on) so are they wanting 2/3 at distinction (i.e, 30 out of 45? Because on my course, 30 credits at Distinction is only 50% Distinction!
CONFUSED!!

Hi I'm doing an access course too, an access course is 60 credits, 45 at level 3, 15 at level 2. So you're uni wants 30 of your level 3 credits at distinction with all biology at distinction. I was told the extra units we'e doing are just to give you a better chance only 5 units will go on you're certificate at the end (you're 5 best). Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 1663
Original post by sas25
Anyone firming Nottingham? Think i've finally made my decision..:biggrin:

Did the open day convince you then..? :smile: Ive firmed it for deffered entry but they have said that if any places become available through clearing (i.e people dont meet the requirements) then I can go this year!
Original post by danielmunlee
Yea I thought no news is good news but then someone who had an interview on the same day as me got an offer within a couple of weeks :s-smilie:

Where else u applied to?

oooooooooo :s pain in the arse :frown: ermmmm huddersfield, shefield hallam, keel and york st johns and got all regections coz am doing a cadet ship so its not A levels but i get experience 2 days a week for 2 years in a hospital environment and working alongside physio's what about you ?
Reply 1665
Original post by rose2
Did the open day convince you then..? :smile: Ive firmed it for deffered entry but they have said that if any places become available through clearing (i.e people dont meet the requirements) then I can go this year!

Haha yeh it did :biggrin::biggrin: I actually cannot wait haha! (haven't firmed on Ucas track but will be doing it soon) aw that's good.. How come you didn't apply for this year?
Original post by ADA93
Congrats to you that's really good! :-) Did you have an interview at notts? Haha oh sorry- my bad! My Bham interview was 23rd november. I'm surprised you've been rejected from brookes as the grades are lower, but bham and cardiff are so nice aren't they! Are you going to cardiff preview day on 18 april? Can't decide if I should firm my choices yet eeeeek! :-)

No they didn't even interview me :frown: oh really thats early mine was on the 2nd of Feb :L Well i know but i think there are limited places, i mean both me and 3 other friends have been rejected there for physio! Yea bham and cardiff are really nice too, although i did like the look of nottingham and brookes. Yes I am :smile: buzzin, i know i really want to get my last offer so I can firm!!
Reply 1667
Original post by sas25
Haha yeh it did :biggrin::biggrin: I actually cannot wait haha! (haven't firmed on Ucas track but will be doing it soon) aw that's good.. How come you didn't apply for this year?

I actually did apply for this year, they said there just werent enough places but they really liked me so if I wanted they would offer me a deffered place with the option of coming this year should a place come available.
Nottingham was always my fave and my plan was if I didnt get a place somewhere I realy liked I would take a gap year and reapply, so its all worked out for the best! :biggrin:
Reply 1668
Original post by rose2
I actually did apply for this year, they said there just werent enough places but they really liked me so if I wanted they would offer me a deffered place with the option of coming this year should a place come available.
Nottingham was always my fave and my plan was if I didnt get a place somewhere I realy liked I would take a gap year and reapply, so its all worked out for the best! :biggrin:

Ohhhh right!! Thats good then cause at least if you do have a gap year you've definitely got a place and won't have to hassle with all the reapplying!
Where else have you got an offer from? :smile:
Reply 1669
Original post by sas25
Ohhhh right!! Thats good then cause at least if you do have a gap year you've definitely got a place and won't have to hassle with all the reapplying!
Where else have you got an offer from? :smile:

Yeh, definately alot better than having to go through the whole interview process again!
I also got offers from UEA, Keele and Plymouth - all for this years entry - (i got a rejection from York St Johns). In the end it was between Nottingham and UEA, but i just love the whole atmosphere at notts, and they have great facilities.
What about you?
Original post by Froglet46
Hey, i called Southampton on Monday as i have not had any response from them either. Tha admin guy said that the team were still working their way through the UCAS forms. He also said that they had been asked to speed it up and that they would be offering interviews soon, which confused me a little as i didnt think they were interviewing this year. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks! :smile:

I didn't think they were interviewing either this year if i'm honest.
I spoke to someone from admin and they said that they were in the process of short listing people still, I just hope something is said soon as its been ages now and I'm getting a tad worried :'))

Good luck with your application!
Hey can anybody give me an idea on how st george's interviews go?
What to expect. What they may ask. What you are expected to do.

Would REALLY appreciate it :smile:
This is probably a bit early to be thinking about but i've been wondering for a few days ...

On A level results day, track changes to unconditional if you have met your conditions for most courses, but will it do this for physio? I was thinking this because you still need to the CRB check and occupational health checks on top of meeting the requirements.
Original post by MissLightyear
This is probably a bit early to be thinking about but i've been wondering for a few days ...

On A level results day, track changes to unconditional if you have met your conditions for most courses, but will it do this for physio? I was thinking this because you still need to the CRB check and occupational health checks on top of meeting the requirements.

From listening to the tutors at the interviews I was at, they said the day you get your results, if you meet the offer, you need to phone them, as otherwise you wont get a place.
Original post by pashoxphysio
From listening to the tutors at the interviews I was at, they said the day you get your results, if you meet the offer, you need to phone them, as otherwise you wont get a place.

That's odd, so no matter what happens on results day I need to ring them? Does nothing on track change then?
Reply 1675
Original post by rosendory
No they didn't even interview me :frown: oh really thats early mine was on the 2nd of Feb :L Well i know but i think there are limited places, i mean both me and 3 other friends have been rejected there for physio! Yea bham and cardiff are really nice too, although i did like the look of nottingham and brookes. Yes I am :smile: buzzin, i know i really want to get my last offer so I can firm!!

Ow that's annoying, same for me with Southampton and the feedback was just application not strong enough, so I guess the competition was really good! Ahh never mind though you have two offers already and hopefully a third! Cool well see you there, I've just firmed Birmingham and Cardiff although I've never seen the health dept. facilities at Cardiff so will be interesting to see it in April! No word from Keele? When's the deadline? :smile:
Reply 1676
Original post by Maes Seren
I've heard that as of next year, the NHS is only funding half of the tuition fees and the student has to cough up the remainder. That my year were the last year to get full funding? (I'm first year)

Hi, I've heard nothing of us at any universities I've been to, or from anyone else that's applying for physio! Pretty sure it's still full funding!
Reply 1677
Original post by 94_Hannah_94
oooooooooo :s pain in the arse :frown: ermmmm huddersfield, shefield hallam, keel and york st johns and got all regections coz am doing a cadet ship so its not A levels but i get experience 2 days a week for 2 years in a hospital environment and working alongside physio's what about you ?

I'm doing a cadetship in health studies at level 3 too and complete 15 weeks of placement experience and have got two offers and waiting on the third. Did they say that's why they rejected you? Seems odd because they accept the course
Original post by ADA93
Ow that's annoying, same for me with Southampton and the feedback was just application not strong enough, so I guess the competition was really good! Ahh never mind though you have two offers already and hopefully a third! Cool well see you there, I've just firmed Birmingham and Cardiff although I've never seen the health dept. facilities at Cardiff so will be interesting to see it in April! No word from Keele? When's the deadline? :smile:

oh i see what u mean :L there is soo much competition its ridiculous! yes see you there! oh dear, no actually i don't think i have either actually! i might do the same . Nope nothing off keele :frown: i actually don't know :frown:
Original post by MissLightyear
That's odd, so no matter what happens on results day I need to ring them? Does nothing on track change then?

well thats what i was told cuz i emailed since to check for confirmation.
And basically my reply was, once you receive your results you need to phone us,
as will everyone else.
If people accept before you, you may not gain your place. As they wont want to over-take, ie Leeds lost there course for this year only due to over-taking last year.
so yes id be phoning the morning you get those results and then youre safe :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest