The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pashoxphysio
well thats what i was told cuz i emailed since to check for confirmation.
And basically my reply was, once you receive your results you need to phone us,
as will everyone else.
If people accept before you, you may not gain your place. As they wont want to over-take, ie Leeds lost there course for this year only due to over-taking last year.
so yes id be phoning the morning you get those results and then youre safe :biggrin:

Fair enough! Weird that though, I thought as long as you meet your conditions you have your place! Going to have to put all the numbers in my phone in advance!
Reply 1681
Just officially firmed Nottingham!! ahhh I cannot wait!! :biggrin::biggrin:..... just need to get the grades now :rolleyes:
Reply 1682
Original post by MissLightyear
Fair enough! Weird that though, I thought as long as you meet your conditions you have your place! Going to have to put all the numbers in my phone in advance!

I asked Huddersfield about this, they said as long as you meet the offer they have to accept you, nothing to do with how many accept. Did you hear from Salford? I know a few who have started getting offers this week, though I haven't had anything, my interview was 29th Feb, how are your offers going?
Original post by Alixy
I'm doing a cadetship in health studies at level 3 too and complete 15 weeks of placement experience and have got two offers and waiting on the third. Did they say that's why they rejected you? Seems odd because they accept the course

yerr one of them when i applyed said they accept it when i got the regection i asked for feed back and they said they dont take BTEC's which is pritty stupid if on the requirments they said its fine even my tutor checked it :/ where have u applyed to ??
Reply 1684
Original post by 94_Hannah_94
yerr one of them when i applyed said they accept it when i got the regection i asked for feed back and they said they dont take BTEC's which is pritty stupid if on the requirments they said its fine even my tutor checked it :/ where have u applyed to ??

Which uni was that? Yeh seems really odd!
I've got offers from Manchester Met, Teeside and waiting on York St John after my interview but I did do three A-levels before the cadetship. But they do accept it, what are you predicted and what other uni's did you apply to?
Original post by MrsH23
I asked Huddersfield about this, they said as long as you meet the offer they have to accept you, nothing to do with how many accept. Did you hear from Salford? I know a few who have started getting offers this week, though I haven't had anything, my interview was 29th Feb, how are your offers going?

That makes more sense!

Nothing from Salford, not bothered about hem anyway though. Hoping UCLan get back to me soon, not confident about how the interview went but if they gave me an offer it would make my day, I love the uni so much!
Reply 1686
That makes more sense!

Nothing from Salford, not bothered about hem anyway though. Hoping UCLan get back to me soon, not confident about how the interview went but if they gave me an offer it would make my day, I love the uni so much!

Ah, not heard either, but had all my interviews, just had my Bradford one. Good luck with UCLan x
Reply 1687
anyone heard back from UCLan yet? waiting for their response post interview, the last one too!
Original post by MrsH23
Ah, not heard either, but had all my interviews, just had my Bradford one. Good luck with UCLan x

Hopefully wont be too long for us :smile: Good luck too!

Original post by mskxo
anyone heard back from UCLan yet? waiting for their response post interview, the last one too!

Still waiting to hear from them, im pretty sure their last interviews are wednesday, shouldnt be too long hopefully!
Reply 1689
No not heard anything from UCLan, I'm still waiting!! Was the last interview date/day today? Did they say when you should hear by? Nervous times.
Original post by Physio6
No not heard anything from UCLan, I'm still waiting!! Was the last interview date/day today? Did they say when you should hear by? Nervous times.

Last interview is wednesday as far as I know!
Reply 1691
Still waiting to hear from them, im pretty sure their last interviews are wednesday, shouldnt be too long hopefully!

yeah the last interviews were on wednesday, i had my interview then, they said they'd have offers up by end of the week, beginning of this week so will just sit and wait :smile:
Original post by mskxo
]

yeah the last interviews were on wednesday, i had my interview then, they said they'd have offers up by end of the week, beginning of this week so will just sit and wait :smile:

Oh so last wednesday was the last one? I thought it was ths wednesday, my bad. Really hoping i get an offer, I really want to go there! :tongue:
Reply 1693
Oh so last wednesday was the last one? I thought it was ths wednesday, my bad. Really hoping i get an offer, I really want to go there! :tongue:

aah good luck to you! i'm not sure whether i'll be having uclan or huddersfield as my insurance, i liked both so i'm in between! although going to uclan would mean commuting which i don't really want to do :/ decisions decisions!
Original post by mskxo
aah good luck to you! i'm not sure whether i'll be having uclan or huddersfield as my insurance, i liked both so i'm in between! although going to uclan would mean commuting which i don't really want to do :/ decisions decisions!

Whats your firm? I would put UCLan as my firm, and be living in. I live in the North West but if I lived in it would be so much easier for library access and sports.
Original post by Tiamaddison
Hey can anybody give me an idea on how st george's interviews go?
What to expect. What they may ask. What you are expected to do.

Would REALLY appreciate it :smile:

Mine was 14th December, so can't remember it as clearly lol! But i know they put you in a room with other interviewees and it's a really nice chance to interact and get to know them. I've also heard they grade you on that a bit too, i.e personal social skills...but i'm not sure to what extent that's true.

I remember they asked me about my work experience, what learning skills I had and how learning skills would be different at university. They also give a scenario that you have to give your thoughts on and tell them how you'd approach it. :smile: Hope that's kind of helpful lol...when's your interview?
Original post by Alixy
Which uni was that? Yeh seems really odd!
I've got offers from Manchester Met, Teeside and waiting on York St John after my interview but I did do three A-levels before the cadetship. But they do accept it, what are you predicted and what other uni's did you apply to?
iv just got my offer from Man Met :smile: x
ANOTHER rejection today, 11th one in 2 years, not happy at the moment another year working then....
Original post by mskxo

hi
yeah i have an offer from them.
received it on feb 10th.
guys can i have some feedback on this.... out of all the people that have received offers HAVE YOU ALL GOT MATHS AT C GRADE AT GCSE LEVEL?

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest