The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melissaemily
what vaccinations do we need? :-| x

well this is what i found on one website, so im guessing it's the same for all of them!
you definitely need the hep b jabs but they cost about £100

http://courses.bournemouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-degree/physiotherapy/bsc-hons/75/entry_requirements-non_academic/
Reply 1861
Is anyone heading to liverpool next year? I have no idea on what to do regarding accommodation there in terms of where's best to live as a physio student.. any help on this would be great!
Original post by chloejessica
well this is what i found on one website, so im guessing it's the same for all of them!
you definitely need the hep b jabs but they cost about £100

http://courses.bournemouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-degree/physiotherapy/bsc-hons/75/entry_requirements-non_academic/

Bugger lol, I can get it free from work do you think I should before I leave work to start uni? I don't really want to unless I have to I hate needles lol x
I still haven't heard from southampton or bournemouth (after interview at the end of march)
Is anyone else still waiting?
Original post by matt!!
Is anyone heading to liverpool next year? I have no idea on what to do regarding accommodation there in terms of where's best to live as a physio student.. any help on this would be great!

Liverpool don't group together people from the same course so you won't necessarily be put in with Physio students anyway. You will be in Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday during first year so you need to decide whether you want on campus or off campus accomodation. To be honest though you'll have a blast wherever you go so it doesn't matter too much.
Original post by nikski123
Hi All,
Is anyone thinking of firming Brunel?
So far I have offers from cardiff and brunel and waiting to hear from bournemouth after interview and also waiting for southampton

Hi niksi123,

You should totally firm brunel its the best university ever. Im studying physio there and i could not imagine being anywhere else. i turned down St georges, Kings College and Bournemouth to be here and it was totally worth it. If you have any Brunel-related questions feel free to message me :-)
Hi everyone,

Im studying Physio at Brunel so if any of you have questions about Brunel feel free to message me :-) not just the boring bits, stuff about nightlife and social events too :-)
Original post by Poldol
I have! XD too excited!!

Has anyone started doing their student finance? I'm so confused!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :cool: :colone:
Reply 1868
Original post by chloejessica
ah same! also, do you know if mmu pays for the vaccinations we need? or do we have to pay ourselves?

I have no idea, I'm just hoping I already have all the vaccinations but I have no clue which I've had and which I haven't xD
Original post by 19liam92
I have no idea, I'm just hoping I already have all the vaccinations but I have no clue which I've had and which I haven't xD

Contact your GP for a list of vaccs since you were born, you'll need one to send to the uni anyway.

Yes you need hep b jabs - our uni does them on the nhs through occ health but you'll have to check with the individual uni's. You also need tetanus, polio, diphtheria, BCG, MMR, basically you need all the normal jabs you have through your life up to date as much as necessary and hep b (and a titre post course of jabs).
Our uni does the hep B jabs once you start the course through occy health. I should imagine all unis are the same. It's a requirement of your 'employment' on placement, so I'd be surprised if you had to pay anywhere to be honest. Why not either just wait until you get to uni, or if you are itching, mail the admissions tutor and ask. If it were urgent that you had the jabs before going to uni then they would tell you so. I'd say just chill and it'll get sorted in September. That was my experience anyway.
Original post by amyj123
yaaay :biggrin: have you applied for accomodation?

Sorry for the late reply, I don't know how to :s-smilie: Unless we have to wait for more information through the post or what not. I've been on the internet again and not seen anything where we can go and apply. I'm confused about it all!!!! Have you managed to apply for accomodation?
Original post by amyj123
accomodation

I've found the application form on the website now! Have you put yourself down for apartment or town house?
Need some quick advice...have been invited to go to the St George's applicant day tomorrow, but i am still waiting for a reply. I like St Georges a lot, and have already visited the uni on an open day and on my interview, but i'm unsure whether to go to the open day tomorrow!!

I'd like to meet students and staff and see the uni accommodation, but it'll cost me around £25-30 to get there and it'll take a whole day out of my week when i could be getting other things done, like revision, homework, chores etc. Idk if it's worth it, because even if i do get an offer, it'll be my insurance choice not my first choice. Am i at a disadvantage if i DON'T go?

Guys, what do you think i should do? Go or no go? :p:
Original post by emilym94
No, i'm just in post-interview limbo waiting for their reply. :frown:
Sorry to hear about your rejection, any success from other unis? :smile:

Hi

I haven't actually had a decision yet. Initially I was rejected then called back later on for an interview which I was elated about. I'm going to the applicant day tomorrow but still haven't had a final decision from St. George's yet, although I know they have made offers. So I guess I'm in the same boat as you.

I have a conditional from Herts but got my heart set on George's...it's good to have options (so the song goes)

:smile:
Need some quick advice...have been invited to go to the St George's applicant day tomorrow, but i am still waiting for a reply. I like St Georges a lot, and have already visited the uni on an open day and on my interview, but i'm unsure whether to go to the open day tomorrow!!

I'd like to meet students and staff and see the uni accommodation, but it'll cost me around £25-30 to get there and it'll take a whole day out of my week when i could be getting other things done, like revision, homework, chores etc. Idk if it's worth it, because even if i do get an offer, it'll be my insurance choice not my first choice. Am i at a disadvantage if i DON'T go?

Guys, what do you think i should do? Go or no go? :p:

Ooh tricky one. I'm going because I want to go there and if it does make a difference it's all good. However when they said about it at the interview day they said it would be beneficial but I think perhaps they mean't to us as individuals.
Whether it will strengthen your application? Dunno f'sure but I'm of the thinking they may be doing final profiling.
That probably hasn't helped but I do have a tendency to overthink in situations like this...
Original post by Leprevada
Hi

I haven't actually had a decision yet. Initially I was rejected then called back later on for an interview which I was elated about. I'm going to the applicant day tomorrow but still haven't had a final decision from St. George's yet, although I know they have made offers. So I guess I'm in the same boat as you.

I have a conditional from Herts but got my heart set on George's...it's good to have options (so the song goes)

:smile:

Oh wow, that must have been a great feeling haha! Wish some of the unis i applied to would do that :p: I got three rejections unfortunately!

Still a little undecided about going to the applicant day...i do want to see the accommodation and the uni again, but idk how it would benefit me by going there again. Sorry, i did mean personal benefit rather than strengthening my application, but now you mention it, that's another thing to consider!! Anyway, hope you enjoy the day and good luck ! :biggrin:
Oh wow, that must have been a great feeling haha! Wish some of the unis i applied to would do that :p: I got three rejections unfortunately!

Still a little undecided about going to the applicant day...i do want to see the accommodation and the uni again, but idk how it would benefit me by going there again. Sorry, i did mean personal benefit rather than strengthening my application, but now you mention it, that's another thing to consider!! Anyway, hope you enjoy the day and good luck ! :biggrin:

Speaking as someone who interviewed this year, going/not going to the applicant day will have no impact whatsoever on your application to the university. It is designed as a day to allow you to see the facilities in a relaxed environment where you aren't stressing about interview, or performing, or whatever. Jeans, t-shirts, have a play around with the equipment. I was helping last year, but can't make this as am on my final placement. Having said that, I am in outpatients downstairs in the hospital, so might pop up at lunchtime and see what is going on.

I don't know what is going on with the applicant day invitations for people who haven't heard back yet in all honesty. They are meant to be only for those of you who have been accepted onto the course, and not just for anyone and everyone who has ever applied. It's a bit strange. Have you asked the admissions team whether or not you will hear anything soon? As far as I knew, offers were being given out pretty much Easter weekend time.
Original post by Ironmike
Speaking as someone who interviewed this year, going/not going to the applicant day will have no impact whatsoever on your application to the university. It is designed as a day to allow you to see the facilities in a relaxed environment where you aren't stressing about interview, or performing, or whatever. Jeans, t-shirts, have a play around with the equipment. I was helping last year, but can't make this as am on my final placement. Having said that, I am in outpatients downstairs in the hospital, so might pop up at lunchtime and see what is going on.

I don't know what is going on with the applicant day invitations for people who haven't heard back yet in all honesty. They are meant to be only for those of you who have been accepted onto the course, and not just for anyone and everyone who has ever applied. It's a bit strange. Have you asked the admissions team whether or not you will hear anything soon? As far as I knew, offers were being given out pretty much Easter weekend time.

Thanks v. much for the reply. :smile: Sorry it seems i wasn't clear in my OP, i did mean how would it benefit me personally, rather than boost or benefit my application. Yeah, i did find that a bit strange: the possibility that i could go to the applicant day then perhaps be rejected the next day! To be perfectly honest, that is one of the things that's putting me off the applicant day tomorrow because i'm not all that confident with how my interview went.

I was going to, but then i re-read the email i was recently sent and read this:
"Please do not email or telephone to enquire as to the progress of your
application as we will inform you of the latest information as soon as
it is available."

So i decided it may be pointless to contact them if they don't have any information to give me lol. I heard that about the offers aswell, i think someone posted on this thread that they'd been told Easter weekend too.
Original post by xcristalx
has anyone else put cardiff as their firm choice?
if so what residences were people thinking?
eeeeeeeeek! :biggrin:!!

Me!! I got an unconditional for physiotherapy at Cardiff! I've gone for university hall as first choice, then taly north, allensbank and then the rest of my choices are every other option for those three.
What about you? X

Quick Reply

Latest