The Student Room Group

Nick Clegg spattered in con blue paint-end of lib dems?

Anyone going to vote Con Dem ever again? Nine thousand tuition fees are going to crush students!

Scroll to see replies

How, exactly?

You pay nothing upfront.
If you earn less than £21,000 a year, you pay nothing.
If you earn an "average" wage, you'll probably never even pay it all back because the rate of repayment is so low.

How is this going to "crush" anyone, pray tell?

And yes, I will vote Conservative again.

I wouldn't vote Lib Dem - but then I've never supported them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
I don't plan on voting again to be honest, there's just no point, whoever you vote for you get the government.
Original post by Jono404
I don't plan on voting again to be honest, there's just no point, whoever you vote for you get the government.

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
How, exactly?

You pay nothing upfront.
If you earn less than £21,000 a year, you pay nothing.
If you earn an "average" wage, you'll probably never even pay it all back because the rate of repayment is so low.

How is this going to "crush" anyone, pray tell?

And yes, I will vote Conservative again.

I wouldn't vote Lib Dem - but then I've never supported them.

Can I ask why you will vote Conservative again?
Original post by thecookiemonster

For the same reason anyone votes for any political party - I agree with their policies and ethos.
Never voted in Lib Dems or Labour.... have always voted Conservatives and will vote Conservative in years to come...... and possibly UKIP for MEPs.
Reply 7
If you don't vote, you have no right to complain.

What difference does complaining make anyway, nothing was done about the fact that Clegg had clearly acted outside of his mandate. Party politics is a ****ing joke, nothing but a popularity contest. Until we move towards a direct democracy I don't see the point because it's just the same old broken promises.
Original post by Jono404
What difference does complaining make anyway, nothing was done about the fact that Clegg had clearly acted outside of his mandate. Party politics is a ****ing joke, nothing but a popularity contest. Until we move towards a direct democracy I don't see the point because it's just the same old broken promises.

How would you like it to be more direct, but less of a popularity contest?
I don't vote in the UK but I do keep a close eye on UK politics.

I doubt many people would vote for Lib Dems again. The tories are mindless toffs and shouldn't be in power either - they over-use the inheritance line, when they would have been in exactly the same position as the vast majority of the current debt is due to bank bailouts and not government overspends.
Reply 10
How would you like it to be more direct, but less of a popularity contest?

Greater use of referendums on important issues eg EU membership etc. I suppose even then that might just turn into parties spreading lies and propaganda like the AV referendum.
Original post by Jono404
Greater use of referendums on important issues eg EU membership etc. I suppose even then that might just turn into parties spreading lies and propaganda like the AV referendum.

That would cost a bloody fortune and make taking decisions much slower.

I doubt there would even be much turnout - how many people bothered voting in the AV referendum?
Original post by thecookiemonster

They actually care about the state of Britain's economy. Unlike the last party in power which went on a massive spending spree. In case you hadn't noticed the country is up to it's eyeballs in debt thanks to Labour. Plus they have a firm policy on getting rid of benefit cheats, which is something I really approve of.
Reply 13
Original post by Flying Scotsman
They actually care about the state of Britain's economy. Unlike the last party in power which went on a massive spending spree. In case you hadn't noticed the country is up to it's eyeballs in debt thanks to Labour. Plus they have a firm policy on getting rid of benefit cheats, which is something I really approve of.

No, they care about getting re-elected. As has been said most of that debt is due to the bank bailout, while Labour were far from perfect they can hardly be blamed for the entire financial crisis.

oh, some muppet who falls for tory spin! well done :-)
For the same reason anyone votes for any political party - I agree with their policies and ethos.

How much does your family earn a year? If you don't mind me asking
Reply 16
I feel sorry for Nick Clegg he seems to be the scapegoat
Reply 17
Yarp. I'm not voting for any of the bg three parties next time round. Trying to decide whether I'll vote Green or English Democrats for ****s and giggles.
Reply 18
lol at the title/op...

Maybe they care about the state of Britain's economy, but only when it comes to the rich. They are making harsh cuts left right and center for the working classes, and they don't seem to care.

At the end of the day the country should not be ran by people who have had privileges and money all their life. This is because these kind of people have no idea what it's like to have no money, so why should they get to decide how these people's lives should be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending