The Student Room Group

2UMS off an A in English...worth a remark?

I got 318 overall in A Level English Language (2 ums off an a) just wondering how likely it is to go up if I got a remark? Also how many raw marks (approx) is 2ums?
I already have a place at Edinburgh uni, so it would be for myself as an A in English would look better on future job applications. Thoughts?
Reply 1
It's worth a shot.
whats the deadline for remarks this year?
Even though it wouldn't matter for a job application (since they'd pay much more attention to your degree), I would definitely go for it as you can't go down from an A and gaining a mark or two would bring you up to an A. You have a pretty high chance, especially on an essay bassed subject like English. Besides you also get your money back if the grade goes up, so I really would recommend it!
You might as well.
Original post by AndroidLight
Even though it wouldn't matter for a job application (since they'd pay much more attention to your degree), I would definitely go for it as you can't go down from an A and gaining a mark or two would bring you up to an A. You have a pretty high chance, especially on an essay bassed subject like English. Besides you also get your money back if the grade goes up, so I really would recommend it!

Some jobs do ask for minimum A-level grades as well as 2:1s.
Reply 6
Go for it as its an essay based subject so it'll just depend on how your answer is interpreted! you've got nothing to lose! apart from abit of money :tongue: and you may regret it if you dont!
:smile:
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Some jobs do ask for minimum A-level grades as well as 2:1s.

Well either way, definitely go for the remark OP.

Quick Reply

Latest