The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth University timetables guide

Hi everyone. When you view your timetable in your student portal you're probably like me thinking it doesn't really make much sense. Here's a way to make it look less confusing by importing it into your @student.plymouth.ac.uk Outlook calendar.

View your calendar in the Outlook Web App in the Student Portal:

It helps to do this in 2 different browsers

Log into your student portal at https://intranet.plymouth.ac.uk/ using the login you created when you enrolled.

My Edesk --> Timetables --> Programme timetable for: Term 1 (remember that this may be subject to change in the first few weeks)

Download the calendar in ICS format from your portal

Using another Windows Live/Hotmail account go to your Calendar and click on Subscribe

Select the option to Import from ICS File. Upload the calendar

It will then go to your calendar showing the new one you uploaded. Find it on the left hand side and right-click and select Share

Check the section Send people a view-only link to your calendar

Under the Links that show event details section click on the ICS link. Copy that link and click Save

Go back into your Plymouth Outlook calendar and click on Share --> Add Calendar

Select Calendar from the Internet and paste the link

Click OK. Your calendar appears. You can print it off if you want too.

I hope that's helpful

P.S: If you don't want to put it in your @students.plymouth.ac.uk calendar and you're okay with just showing it in your Hotmail account, then that's okay. Just stop at step 5.

If you have Microsoft Office Outlook simply download the ICS file, go into Outlook, click on File --> Import/Export --> iCalendar file --> Select it and click Ok. You now own the calendar so can edit it unlike the Outlook app.

Other forum members have mentioned it can be done in other email programs, and on mobile devices. I have not tried this yet, so I am unsure of how it's done.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omar.Ebrahim
Hi everyone. When you view your timetable in your student portal you're probably like me thinking it doesn't really make much sense. Here's a way to make it look less confusing but importing it into your @student.plymouth.ac.uk Outlook calendar.

View your calendar in the Outlook Web App in the Student Portal:

It helps to do this in 2 different browsers

Download the calendar in ICS format from your portal

Using another Windows Live/Hotmail account go to your Calendar and click on Subscribe

Select the option to Import from ICS File. Upload the calendar

It will then go to your calendar showing the new one you uploaded. Find it on the left hand side and right-click and select Share

Under the Links that show event details section click on the ICS link. Copy that link and click Save

Go back into your Plymouth Outlook calendar and click on Share --> Add Calendar

Select Calendar from the Internet and paste the link

Click OK. Your calendar appears. You can print it off if you want too.

I hope that's helpful

Trying to do this at the moment, got to step 5, but instead of what you have put, I have these following options:

-Share your calendar privately with friends and family

-Send people a view-only link to your calendar

-Make your calendar public

And then various other options under each one if I select them, any advice?

Thanks for posting that though, seems really helpful!

Sorry if I'm being dumb..
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by James Carter

Original post by James Carter
Trying to do this at the moment, got to step 5, but instead of what you have put, I have these following options:

-Share your calendar privately with friends and family

-Send people a view-only link to your calendar

-Make your calendar public

And then various other options under each one if I select them, any advice?

Thanks for posting that though, seems really helpful!

Sorry if I'm being dumb..

Oops sorry I forgot to make it clear. You only need the "Send people a view-only link to your calendar" section ticked. I have edited the main post to reflect this

Kind regards,
Omar
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
How do you get the link for step 1?

Reply 4

Original post by XRi
How do you get the link for step 1?

https://intranet.plymouth.ac.uk/ - This is once you've completed online enrolment and created your user account.

My Edesk --> Timetables --> Programme timetable for: Term 1

Again, sorry, I should have mentioned this in the first post. I have no amended this.
Reply 5
Thank you for this guide very helpful! Although now Ive seen that I have classes every day I am sad :frown:

EDIT: I don't get all of the timetables. Somedays I have two classes running at the exact same time, how am I meant to be at both? D:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Oh right yeah I did that, thanks for updating though.

I literally don't have a timetable. It's blank. Kinda helpful, no?

**: meh, ignore this, probably just being impatient. Only did the enrolment last night.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by GeoGuy
Thank you for this guide very helpful! Although now Ive seen that I have classes every day I am sad :frown:

EDIT: I don't get all of the timetables. Somedays I have two classes running at the exact same time, how am I meant to be at both? D:

I'm guessing your course has elective modules? Or it may have language modules or extra english/maths modules which people who need help will do. All of this will be on there if so.

Also, any tutorials and such may be included (it was on mine last year, it was a mess). For example it may say ECN106 tutorial 3 different times. You only go to one :smile:

Bit confusing. But once you exactly what you go to, it's easier.
Reply 8
Original post by Tommyjw
I'm guessing your course has elective modules? Or it may have language modules or extra english/maths modules which people who need help will do. All of this will be on there if so.

Also, any tutorials and such may be included (it was on mine last year, it was a mess). For example it may say ECN106 tutorial 3 different times. You only go to one :smile:

Bit confusing. But once you exactly what you go to, it's easier.

Ahhhh right. Yeah I got loads of tutorials scatted all over the place sot that's probably it.
Reply 9
How do I download the timetable in ICS format?
Original post by beau123

Original post by beau123
How do I download the timetable in ICS format?

Go into your portal, My E-desk --> timetables, find the timetable and download it. I can't remember offhand the exact page but it is there :wink:
for those of you with a Gmail account, you can import the ICS file to your gmail calendar also. If you have an android phone, you can sync your phone with the calender and use the calendar widget to display your next lecture/tutorial. I found this very useful.
Reply 12
Bah, Windows Phone 7 all the way, it's already on my calendar following the steps above :tongue:
I was going to mention that one of the easier ways is to import it into your Outlook (if you have it on your computer) or another email account, without the faffing about because of the Outlook web app that the university's email is based on.
Reply 14
my timetable is all over the place too, when will we find out what lessons apply to us??
Reply 15
I think you will find out what lessons apply to you one day next week. I am studying Psychology, and in my induction week timetable, distribution and explanation of timetables is scheduled for Wednesday!
Reply 16
ah cool, thanks.
i don't seem to have an induction week timetable, but i'm sure things will become clear next week. hopefully :smile:
I was told a little while ago that the timetables can change after you start, so not all the lectures and lessons will apply. I'm in 4 days a week but I may not be when I start.
Reply 18
I can't find "subscribe".
Reply 19
Haha, the lead tutor of my course had the gall to call the timetable 'simple'

'This is where to find it blah blah blah, it's really simple so you shouldn't have any trouble understanding it'

Right... thank **** for this guide :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending