The Student Room Group

A2 Ito6 System Help!!

my system is for a tennis club which has members which use the club (which consists of 6 tennis courts) on weekends and on week days the courts are open to bookings by guests.

i have already created tables: Member, Fixture (match), court slot, payment and guest.
what i want help on is creating a query wherby i can search (as query) a members surname to bring up all the fixtures in which that member has played as either player 1 2 3 or 4. i know this involves some kind of relationship between the member table and fixture table but im not sure on what the criteria would be :confused:

Any help would do im really stuck
thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 1
It really depends on the structure you've used in your table(s). Mebbee if you post the names of the fields you've used in your member and fixtures table someone will be able to suggest a solution.

FatMax
Reply 2
k, if im not wrong, when creating the query u'll want to have the members table, and the fixtures table, with the relevant fields. for the criteria under member surname you coudl put [Enter Surname] and then you can search for a member and get the required information??!!
Reply 3
bigbadb1319
k, if im not wrong, when creating the query u'll want to have the members table, and the fixtures table, with the relevant fields. for the criteria under member surname you coudl put [Enter Surname] and then you can search for a member and get the required information??!!

yeh ive tried that already.. but it brings up all the fixture records.
something that might be helpfull is if anyone know where i can find all the different types of code used in criteria if i get a better idea of what teh different functions mean i might be able to figure it out
Thanks anyways
Reply 4
Not sure because i need to know more info, but im sure you could use SQL

SELECT Fixture.MatchFixture, FROM Fixture, Member WHERE Member.Player = 1 OR Member.Player = 2 OR Member.Player = 3 OR Member.Player = 4 ORDER BY Fixture.MatchFixture

Something like that, depending on your tables. Should be easy if your using Access or what not.

Latest

Trending

Trending