The Student Room Group

Pork Mince

Making a lasagna for tonight - how long does pork mince take to cook in the oven?
I guess about the same time as beef or lamb mince, but since pork is sometimes a bit higher risk than other meats I'd give it a bit longer. I don't really use it, I'm afraid!
Reply 2
Well shes coming in an hour so its fingers crossed :P
Reply 3
Pan fry the mince before mixing in the sauce. You send it into the over to melt and infuse, not to initially cook. Improperly cooked pork, unlike beef, can cause some quite nasty bugs.
Doesn't lasagne usually use beef? I've never heard of it with pork..! :confused:
@OP you're probably supposed to browning the mince off in a pan beforehand, I'm not aware of any recipe of any description that calls for mince to be put straight into the oven :lolwut:

Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo

Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Doesn't lasagne usually use beef? I've never heard of it with pork..! :confused:

Traditionally, only lasagne sheets and cheese are universal in all recipes, everything else changes from region to region in Italy. In the UK using a bolognese sauce has become standard, but pork based sauces are equally acceptable [=
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest