Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Medical Centre Registration Form question

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey, wondered if anyone could help me out with the medical centre registration form that freshers were mailed?

It asks for your Loughborough Address, which I don't know yet.. so should I wait until I receive this address? Or should I just bring it with me when I arrive at Loughborough?

Thanks,
    Charlie.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading somewhere that you can leave it blank and update the medical centre when you know what the address is or you can wait and hand the form in when you arrive.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll wait then, that sounds easiest tbh
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charcoal)
    I guess I'll wait then, that sounds easiest tbh
    Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem unless you needed a repeat prescription or something immediately after arriving (as they need time register you and get your notes). And even if your not registered they would be obliged to see you in an emergency, so no rush really.
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    I posted this in the other thread but the post is a few pages back by now.

Information regarding the "University Medical Centre Registration Form":

The top of the form states "UK students - Please complete both sides of this form and return in the envelope marked Medical Officer (Only if you have a Loughborough address)". As new students you obviously won't know your Loughborough address yet. What you should do is either:

1. Fill in the form other than the Loughborough address, don't post the form, complete the address part when you get to Loughborough and know your halls address (including flat number), and take the form into the medical centre later.
    2. Fill in the form other than the Loughborough address and post it like that. The medical centre will follow it up later when they check their records, or if you go there for an appointment.

That info comes from the medical centre themselves, I phoned to check it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ahh awesome helpful TSR, cheers :yy:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 26, 2011
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.