The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Panda89
If you have a look at last year's stalker wiki, you'll find that nearly all of the applicants who made the UKCAT cut-off received interviews.

Well this is TSR :rolleyes:

I guess I'm just constantly thinking of any old reason that they'll reject me for, personal statement pretty much has to be it pre-interview. I'd love an interview here, the discussion bit and short interviews afterwards is right up my alley.
Reply 381
Original post by Normandy114

I guess I'm just constantly thinking of any old reason that they'll reject me for, personal statement pretty much has to be it pre-interview. I'd love an interview here, the discussion bit and short interviews afterwards is right up my alley.

Well, we've applied to 3 of the same med schools (didn't apply to Keele) and I haven't heard anything, either. I understand totally how you feel.
Original post by Panda89
Well, we've applied to 3 of the same med schools (didn't apply to Keele) and I haven't heard anything, either. I understand totally how you feel.

Well Keele outright rejected a friend because of our school apparently, which leaves me less than hopeful about my chances there anyway. Now that all four choices have started interviewing I'm starting to get a bit nervous, but oh well.
Reply 383
Well Keele outright rejected a friend because of our school apparently, which leaves me less than hopeful about my chances there anyway. Now that all four choices have started interviewing I'm starting to get a bit nervous, but oh well.

It'll be worth it in the end, hopefully.
Original post by Panda89
It'll be worth it in the end, hopefully.

I'll have to take your word for that :wink:
Reply 385
Original post by MyJunkIsYou
Can I check, the ucas application number they ask for at the top of the form, is that your personal ID, not the UID number given in the email?

Well that's what I put...
Reply 386

Same! I know I have a higher UKCAT than some people who recieved interviews but I just can't bring myself to believe I'm getting an interview esp with that personal statement screen.
Original post by Messi3
Okay thanks, I'm predicted the same, what are you predicted the A* in if you don't mind me asking. I think I went to a below average school as well, but don't think I'm from a poor area. What was your UKCAT, again if you don't mind me asking :P thanks (:
oh and your GCSE's :P

Maths, and I got 677.5 average (lowest being 660) plus 8A*, 3A and 1B at GCSE :smile:
Reply 388
Ive got an interview in January. My UKCAT was 670, I got 6A*s and 4As at GCSE and 3A*s for my A-levels. I went to a state school with a good GCSE record. If you haven't got an interview yet, don't worry. They'll get to you!
Reply 389
Original post by drdonut
Ive got an interview in January. My UKCAT was 670, I got 6A*s and 4As at GCSE and 3A*s for my A-levels. I went to a state school with a good GCSE record. If you haven't got an interview yet, don't worry. They'll get to you!

achieved A*A*A* or predicted? also congrats :smile:
Reply 390
achieved. Cheers dude! See you there hopefully :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by drdonut

This gives me some more confidence! Did you mention in your PS that you are currently doing/have done long term volunteering (like weekly, for a long period of time)

p.s. Please quote me so I know that you have replied to me, thanks.
Reply 392
Original post by Seb
This gives me some more confidence! Did you mention in your PS that you are currently doing/have done long term volunteering (like weekly, for a long period of time)

p.s. Please quote me so I know that you have replied to me, thanks.

Yeah I did, I have done quite a lot of stuff. I'm a nursing assistant in a hospice, I volunteer on an orthopaedic trauma ward at a local hospital and I do some stuff with Age UK, the British Red Cross and St John Ambulance too. Hope that helps. Don't worry about it man, you'll get the email sooner or later.
Reply 393
Original post by drdonut
Yeah I did, I have done quite a lot of stuff. I'm a nursing assistant in a hospice, I volunteer on an orthopaedic trauma ward at a local hospital and I do some stuff with Age UK, the British Red Cross and St John Ambulance too. Hope that helps. Don't worry about it man, you'll get the email sooner or later.

HOLY****ING****! Erm, I mean, that's quite a lot of volunteering you've done there!

Like you I have 3 A*s achieved A level, and nearly as good GCSEs (5A*s, 4As... 5Bs), but it's my volunteering that gets me. I haven't done any volunteering earlier than about 5 months ago, and even since then it's been sparse.

Thanks though! :biggrin:

I have an interview for Jan.

I am a re-applicant with a UKCAT of 700, GCSE's of A*A*A*AAAAABBB and acheived A levels of AAA in bio, chem and economics.

Currently working as an HCA at a GP surgery, with lots of other work experience and EC's behind me.

This is the first place I have heard from and I never recieved an acknowledegement form manchester.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 395
Original post by drdonut
achieved. Cheers dude! See you there hopefully :smile:

awesome, im guessing you did chem/bio/maths? what you doing in your gap year to make time go faster? :L I'm also a gapper, A*AAAc achieved at alevel. Aah i want to hear from them! so jealous!! i had an interview there last year and screwed it up :/ was totally gutted then as it was the only interview id got :/
Reply 396
Original post by rozca
awesome, im guessing you did chem/bio/maths? what you doing in your gap year to make time go faster? :L I'm also a gapper, A*AAAc achieved at alevel. Aah i want to hear from them! so jealous!! i had an interview there last year and screwed it up :/ was totally gutted then as it was the only interview id got :/

I did Maths/Chem/Physics then music and further maths at AS. I do a lot of working and volunteering and stuff. I'm saving up to go to Ghana in June on one of those gap yah projects which should be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

How about you? :smile:
Reply 397
Original post by drdonut
I did Maths/Chem/Physics then music and further maths at AS. I do a lot of working and volunteering and stuff. I'm saving up to go to Ghana in June on one of those gap yah projects which should be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

How about you? :smile:

:eek: ...are you a male version of me?

I did maths/chem/phys too! and welsh bac - A at a2, and french - c at as. no biology - not even to As.

I do loads of volunteering too, slightly less now that im working full time as a HCA doing long hours on a crazy demanding ward!

Im going to Ghana too - but Mid may, for 2 months - with BUNAC, to volunteer and teach at an orphanage in Accra. Are you doing the same thing by any chance? hope you are! ha :-p
woo! i have an interview!! at the end of january :biggrin:
recieved it at about 11 this morning
Reply 399
Original post by POWCATTY
woo! i have an interview!! at the end of january :biggrin:
recieved it at about 11 this morning

lol nice 2 and half month notice. congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending