GCSE's
English: C
Maths: C
Art: C
Media Studies: D
Health & Social Care: C
Religious Studies: E

BTEC Diploma Level 2 in ICT
BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Extended Art & Design (Graphic Design)

I want to do Graphic Design at Uni because I'm really interested in it, however I did not do A Levels or get loads of A*'s like everyone else because I mucked around a bit in school, hence the average GCSE results.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
err what grades did you achieve from your Level 3 BTEC?
DDD which is equivalent to AAA in A Level I think.
Reply 3
Your performance in your BTEC is much more important than your GCSEs.. so I think you have a good chance :smile:
This one maybe
I have 8A* and 2As, and BBCC at a level. I want to study Natural Sciences at Russel Group Unis only. Will I get an offer?
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
This one maybe

Very funny! :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by chocolate buttons

Technically it is in terms of UCAS points although most unis don't consider it so.

You can certainly get into uni with those grades though look at the course search on the UCAS site and look at the entry requirements for the graphics design courses
it's not hard to get into uni these days, they'll take anyone.
Original post by HollowPointSmile
I have 8A* and 2As, and BBCC at a level. I want to study Natural Sciences at Russel Group Unis only. Will I get an offer?

How on earth did you get those GCSEs and then those A-levels? :eek:

I think you'll find it pretty hard getting into the RG with A-levels like that, to be honest.
How on earth did you get those GCSEs and then those A-levels? :eek:

I think you'll find it pretty hard getting into the RG with A-levels like that, to be honest.

:frown:

I totally slacked when doing a levels, which are all sciences, and I had family problems. In some modules I got 85-89% whereas others I got Ds.

Do you think I should take a gap year, after I've got my A*A*A*? So then my AS retakes won't show up?
Yes you can, you would be likely to get offers form middle ranking universities.
:frown:

I totally slacked when doing a levels, which are all sciences, and I had family problems. In some modules I got 85-89% whereas others I got Ds.

Do you think I should take a gap year, after I've got my A*A*A*? So then my AS retakes won't show up?

You won't need A*A*A* :confused:

just resit the modules you got a D in and bring yourself up to at least AABB, then you'll have a good chance as long as your personal statement is up to scratch.
Original post by chocolate buttons

Yes, you would, depending. Many top universities refuse to accept BTEC because of the vocational nature. Having said that, DDD is good, and you should be able to get into a reasonable university with it.

Grades are less important with graphical design because much is based on your portfolio. If you have a good portfolio, you won't need much in the way of marks.
Reply 14
Original post by Moskva
Technically it is in terms of UCAS points although most unis don't consider it so.

When they set the BTEC requirements under maximum such as DDM (although the maximum has gone up to D*D*D*), does that show that they'll recognise that achievement or is it irrelevant and just set to match the A-Levels requirements in UCAS points?
Original post by lechaton-x
You won't need A*A*A* :confused:

just resit the modules you got a D in and bring yourself up to at least AABB, then you'll have a good chance as long as your personal statement is up to scratch.

The grade requirements for Natural Sciences are A*AA, and throughout my AS year my school was preparing me for Cambridge. Next year it will A*A*A.
Yeah if you got DDD in your BTEC diploma you have a really good chance, but your GCSEs may be the thing that holds you back at certain unis as some will ask for at least 5 at grade C or above, but since you have Maths and English at grade C you shouldn't have too many problems at middle-ranking unis hopefully. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
The grade requirements for Natural Sciences are A*AA, and throughout my AS year my school was preparing me for Cambridge. Next year it will A*A*A.

Woah, you said Russell Group- not Cambridge...
better get studying then...
Reply 18
Original post by Nashy19
When they set the BTEC requirements under maximum such as DDM (although the maximum has gone up to D*D*D*), does that show that they'll recognise that achievement or is it irrelevant and just set to match the A-Levels requirements in UCAS points?

Sure, I got an offer of DDM from a uni that had it as their requirement
Reply 19

This one maybe

love it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending