Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Detective Conan Appreciation Thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Detective Conan is the best anime around - 15 years later and it's still going strong! It's one of the longest animation series in the world after Sazae-san and Doraemon.
    And what keeps you watching is the Sherlock Holmes style crimes mixed with the humour!
    Feel free to post whatever you like about Detective Conan!

Best character - Mouri Kogorou! The most embarrassing dad, has a funny laugh, and is constantly hilarious! And I love Hattori Heiji as well - the episode where he works out Conan is Shinichi (I think one of the first he features in) is possibly my favourite.
    Worst character - Genta. Annoying, brash little kid.
    Best theme tune - Unmei no Roulette Mawa****e by ZARD. Just a brilliant song, and listening to it gives me like that Saturday morning kids' TV feeling (strangely).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I forgot they may have blocked out the song title. Even though it's not rude. My bad. If you're a fan you'll know its title.
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hear, hear! Easily one of my favourite long running shounen series, up there with One Piece and Hunter x Hunter. I was originally following the manga and the anime adaptation since they started but chose to postpone both around two years ago. I should really think about resuming them.

I'm assuming you're currently up to date?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not up to date! I'm only on about episode 150, only recently met Ai Haibara! Some of the subs on these earlier episodes are just terrible - I think they are done by people in Hong Kong. But DCTPWS said they'd edit them!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like detective Conan a lot, characters are most of the time well drawn (but what's wrong with the ears??? I mean, they're all huge!), and...as a fangirl, I find Shinichi/Ran absolutely adorable, it's the same for Heiji/Kazuha.
    Conclusions of investigations are well written, but the murders are almost always the same: made with cyanide, come on, there's other poisons/way to kill people in the world!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE Detective Conan

Favourite characters: ObviouslyShinichi/Conan Also love Hattori, Mouri and Ran. Give me any episode with Hattori or Katio/Kid and i'm zoned out for the next half hour or so hooked watching

I love episodes with the Black organisation too, i mean they are like this secret yet deadly organisation that name themselves with ALCOHOL codenames?! How awesome

Fangirl moment over but seriously, any one wants to talk detective conan talk with me

(PS - anyone who loves Kaitou Kid like me then there a few episodes called MagicKaito on youtube that you can watch its the anime version of the manga)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hope conan ends soon, the long story arc is going on now for 15 yrs although the london arc was moving things along

i hope the manga ends in the next 2/3yrs and that we get a good finale pay off
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to watch the series every day after school when I was in primary/early secondary. I can believe it's still going after all these years.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched it afterschool too although looking back now, that was no show for a primary school child to watch some episodes are much too gruesome.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know he's not in it much but I love the cop Takagi! He's so dorky and sweet around Sato(?)
    Watched the Fourteenth Target today (can't believe I've only seen the first movie!) and loved it, great background on the Mouri family, and Kogorou was just too funny but then the rule goes that a movie comes every 50 episodes, and I've only seen about 160! So I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of my favourite animes! I watched it since I was 6 i think, right now i'm on episode 300 and something.

Fav characters:

shinichi, kogoro, heiji and kaitou kid

Worst: genta (really annoying)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crackedpepper)
    I know he's not in it much but I love the cop Takagi! He's so dorky and sweet around Sato(?)
    Watched the Fourteenth Target today (can't believe I've only seen the first movie!) and loved it, great background on the Mouri family, and Kogorou was just too funny but then the rule goes that a movie comes every 50 episodes, and I've only seen about 160! So I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers
    Same! Gotta love Takagi! He and Sato have their own dedicated series of episodes that come on every once in a while on detective conan called "Metropolitan Police Love Story" i think. Him and sato are soo sweet together and the inspector, shiratori was it (the one with the puff of hair at the front of his head ) always tries to get sato to like him but its obvious she only likes takagi (but he's just oblivious)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    One of my favourite animes! I watched it since I was 6 i think, right now i'm on episode 300 and something.

Fav characters:

shinichi, kogoro, heiji and kaitou kid

Worst: genta (really annoying)
    We have similar choices, good taste

I've got Truth by Two-Mix stuck in my head now because of this show! I find it funny how Minami, the Two-Mix singer, voices Conan yet Conan is a terrible singer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is, by far, the most amazing anime series my eyes have seen

Great plot, great episodes, great characters, it's got it all

Whenever I hear the theme song I get all sentimental
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=crackedpepper;33682938]

Wow a thread for detective conan!!! One of the best Anime/Manga series ever.
    I started watching it when i was 10 and 9 years later still reading it.

hmm... Fave characters : Conan/Shinichi, kaito Kid,Shuuichi Akai and Heiji
    I hate Genta and Mitsuhiko, such annoying brats

Also are you up to date with it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ALevelGirl;33852016]I LOVE Detective Conan
    QUOTE]

Uwaah you seem just as much a fan girl as me.
    where are you up to with the manga/anime?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conan is my favorite anime ever, sadly though I'm not up to date with it anymore. I should seriously start watching it again

I used to watch it with my sisters after school and wouldn't dare to miss an episode :O - we remember always trying to figure out the murder but no matter how hard we think and act smart we were never able to get anywhere near solving the case :P but it kept us engaged and eager to find out.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I started re-watching Conan last year when I needed something to expand my Japanese vocabulary. I used to watch them every Sunday when I used to live in Japan when I was a kid, but I was really poor at Japanese so I didn't understand the cases much. Now I'm watching them again and trying not to read the subtitles (but sometimes I have to!). I'm on episode 175.

My favourite character: Agasa Hakase (He's so adorable! Have you seen the episode where he is in his pyjamas?!) and the irresistable Kaito Kid
    Favourite episode: tough one! Sounds corny but I have enjoyed them all!

I fangirl everytime Mouri hits Conan on the head when he is looking around a crime scene! Conan's reaction to pain is so cute!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i would go all fanboy on this but i would probably end up writing walls of text
    my fav is kaito kid
    worst is genta xD

ever since i started watching as a kid, i used to get nightmares after lol!
    but now to this day and counting i end up deducing who the culprit is pretty much near the mid/start of the episode but i get stomped on the method they used.
    you can guess fishing line is involved but thats about it xD

i cant wait for more black organisation to come up. especially liked 'clash of red and black'.
    ive seen all the short stories/movies/magic kaito xD movie 16 is coming this april wooo!
    p.s im on ep 647-waiting for the subbs to come out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, loving this thread!

I have to say, my favorite character would have to be haibara ai (in case you did not guess :P) and worst... probably sonoko. How stupid can you be?! (though kogoro would probably win in that respect, she just annoys me!)

Having followed it for so long, i am not even sure if i want him to return to normal! I completely prefer conan to shinich, he is soo much cooler!

Oh and i'm completely up to date with the manga (read it weekly ) and i'm mostly up to date with the anime...

What is everyones favorite film? I am personaly stuck between 5 and 8... they both gave me a sudden urge to go to hawaii :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 6, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.