The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by fruktas
You are nervous? Me and my friend applied to bath. We both got A*s in A level Maths already. He applied for engineering and I applied for maths.

I was asked to prove my maths grade, and still havent heard back since, and he got an offer yesterday :frown: (without having to prove anything!)

I am so angry haha

So manny people are applying there for maths! But I'm sure it will be alright :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 21
Original post by Francium
Does anyone know how fast is the admissions office with the offers? (I am applying for the L101 Economics course)

Pretty speedy. My application was processed on the 3rd and I received an offer on the 13th for L101. :u:
Reply 22
Just been asked to upload my A Level certificates....I take it it's a good sign! :smile:
Original post by fluteflute
Anyone else going to the open day on 17th September?

Bit disappointing that (unlike nearby Bristol) they're not operating some sort of bus between the train station and university campus.

I've applied to the exact four unis as you have (for maths) and (St John's as well :biggrin: )
Instead of york i chose nottingham though
and even my friend has applied to those four unis
Reply 24
I applied on the 4th for both biology and natural sciences. I had an offer on friday for biology but i haven't heard about natsci yet and it is the course that i really want to study :frown:. Has anyone had a natsci offer or know if they have started giving them?
Reply 25
I applied on Sep 30th for Econ&International Development

Got an offer on 13th, A*AA :biggrin:
Reply 26
I've got an unconditional offer for maths :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by rachel0593

I've got an unconditional offer for maths :smile:
Wooh! Were you applying post-results?
Reply 28
Original post by fluteflute
Wooh! Were you applying post-results?

Yeah :smile: I decided to take a year out after getting my results and apply to better uni's for maths although I am regretting it now... I am so bored!
Reply 29

Yeah :smile: I decided to take a year out after getting my results and apply to better uni's for maths although I am regretting it now... I am so bored!
Ooh what are you doing this year then? (Not much by the sound of it.. :tongue:)
Reply 30
Hey guys. Congratulations to those who have received offers! I was just asked a few hours ago to upload my A Level certificate for ICT, which I completed a year early. I do not have the certificate so I uploaded my transcript. Do you think that is good enough? Also, is it a good sign if they ask for this ? I am really worried. :L
Reply 31
Original post by Yash13
Hey guys. Congratulations to those who have received offers! I was just asked a few hours ago to upload my A Level certificate for ICT, which I completed a year early. I do not have the certificate so I uploaded my transcript. Do you think that is good enough? Also, is it a good sign if they ask for this ? I am really worried. :L

The transcript may or may not be good enough. If it isn't you can just claim honest mistake and make a better attempt at getting hold of the certificate.

Asking for certificates is just a formality and means nothing. The admissions tutor probably won't even know if you were asked to do so or not.
Reply 32
Original post by roblee
The transcript may or may not be good enough. If it isn't you can just claim honest mistake and make a better attempt at getting hold of the certificate.

Asking for certificates is just a formality and means nothing. The admissions tutor probably won't even know if you were asked to do so or not.

Yeah your probably right. By the way, it was the admissions tutor who emailed me, as the course selector wanted the certificate. Just saying. I can just hope for the best I guess.
Hey everyone, I'm applying for chemistry at bath...so jealous of everyone getting offers :L I've got an interview on 3rd November :') does anyone have an idea what it'll be like?
Reply 34
Do bath university email you when they want you to upload something ? I just logged in to my bath track type thing and their is a section with "exam transcript" and "English language" with an "upload status " box next to it, does this mean I have to upload them !?
Reply 35
Original post by LiamSP
Do bath university email you when they want you to upload something ? I just logged in to my bath track type thing and their is a section with "exam transcript" and "English language" with an "upload status " box next to it, does this mean I have to upload them !?

They will email with the subject, "Information Request from The University of Bath" if they need additional information from you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
I been asked to prove my Maths A level grade too, the problem is I dont have the certificate yet! My school will be sending them a letter :smile: I am getting abit nervous! My friend has an offer to enginerring, but I still havent got it for maths, nor have I heard any news from imperial when people are getting interviews :frown:
Reply 37
I got an offer for MChem Chemistry with industrial training on the 14th October :biggrin:

Normally the offer is AAB but I got an ABB offer because I applied last year but couldn't do my exams because of illness so they kept me on file for this year :smile:
Reply 38
I sent out my UCAS on the 13th October and I haven't heard back from Bath about Natural sciences either. Do they normally give out early offers for Natural Sciences
Original post by Josieeee
I applied on the 4th for both biology and natural sciences. I had an offer on friday for biology but i haven't heard about natsci yet and it is the course that i really want to study :frown:. Has anyone had a natsci offer or know if they have started giving them?

Original post by Minnie46
I sent out my UCAS on the 13th October and I haven't heard back from Bath about Natural sciences either. Do they normally give out early offers for Natural Sciences

also applying for NatSci and geting nervous that I haven't heard anything as I really want to get in :/ I sent mine on the 6th I think. I've seen people getting offers for all the other sciences so surely they will start giving them out soon :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest