Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Anyone applied for maths or physics ? :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
:hi: im thinking of transferring to another University (due to health and personal issues), Bath is one of the Uni's am thinking of moving to, can anyone tell me what Bath is like for Politics and International Relations (what I would be studying) also what the accommodation and campus life is like? :smile:

I know plenty about the city btw as I have lived in/around Bath most of my life :smile:

thanks in advance!
Reply 702
Original post by magdaplaysbass
cool :smile: are you firming bath?

I'm trying to decide between sheffield and bath :confused: what about you? :smile:
Anyone know what Bath are like in terms of allowing grade entry below the offer. I only ask because I got just got through an A*AA offer for Psychology - but only managed 81 UMS in PSYA4, so the A* is looking very unlikely - on top of whether or not I can actually get 3 As.

I only ask because I'm unsure whether to just ignore it and firm Bristol (AAA) and put York as my insurance choice (AAB).
Original post by SLlewellyn
Anyone know what Bath are like in terms of allowing grade entry below the offer. I only ask because I got just got through an A*AA offer for Psychology - but only managed 81 UMS in PSYA4, so the A* is looking very unlikely - on top of whether or not I can actually get 3 As.

I only ask because I'm unsure whether to just ignore it and firm Bristol (AAA) and put York as my insurance choice (AAB).

One of my flatmates had an A*AA offer for psychology and they let her in with AAA, but I don't know whether that's the general case. I also know they let someone in without the required grades for maths, but that was probably because her school didn't do further maths and she had to teach herself.
Original post by kvvn93
I'm trying to decide between sheffield and bath :confused: what about you? :smile:

Bath and Imperial. I really don't know which one to choose because I like them both for different reasons :dontknow: Have you been to visit both unis?
Reply 706
Original post by magdaplaysbass
Bath and Imperial. I really don't know which one to choose because I like them both for different reasons :dontknow: Have you been to visit both unis?

Well, then you're in the same place as me. But decisions will have to be made soon.. :biggrin: Unfortunately, I haven't visited the unis because I'm not from the UK. :smile:
Original post by kvvn93
Well, then you're in the same place as me. But decisions will have to be made soon.. :biggrin: Unfortunately, I haven't visited the unis because I'm not from the UK. :smile:

I know! There isn't much time :frown: I've visited Imperial, but no yet Bath... Where are you from? :smile:
Reply 708
Anyone for innovation and technology Management?
Original post by kvvn93

me too! i'm trying to decide between bath, warwick and lse. :frown: though it seems kinda dum to even consider rejecting lse :P

almost definitely putting bath as my insurance though.
AAA for maths and further maths. :smile:
Original post by Guin
Anyone applied for maths or physics ? :smile:

I firmed them for maths, although I'm going to try to get some physics lectures in somehow. A*AA offer.

When do we apply for accommodation?
Reply 711
Original post by Contrad!ction.

When do we apply for accommodation?

I would like to know this as well.

I know John Woods Building is one of the farthest away but it looks so nice :L

What are people on here thinking of?
Original post by Yash13
I would like to know this as well.

I know John Woods Building is one of the farthest away but it looks so nice :L

What are people on here thinking of?

I really wish JW was nearer, because it does look lovely.

I'm still struggling to choose between en-suite and no en-suite. Argh.
Reply 713
I really wish JW was nearer, because it does look lovely.

I'm still struggling to choose between en-suite and no en-suite. Argh.

Yeah exactly then I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Lool I have to have an en-suite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0-OnsYVQU
Original post by Yash13
Yeah exactly then I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Lool I have to have an en-suite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0-OnsYVQU

I just don't know whether it would be worth the extra £20 per week. Westwood looks nice as a non-en-suite option, the Marlborough/Solsbury rooms look smaller in comparison. Woodland :coma: - £5130-£5320 though :s-smilie:

Ah: Applications for 2012/13 accommodation will open 2 April 2012.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 715
I just don't know whether it would be worth the extra £20 per week. Westwood looks nice as a non-en-suite option, the Marlborough/Solsbury rooms look smaller in comparison. Woodland :coma: - £5320 though :s-smilie:

Ah: Applications for 2012/13 accommodation will open 2 April 2012.

Westwood rooms look spacious but I want ensuite :L

Yeah I don't like how small Solsbury court rooms are that's why I am looking at other options.

Woodland is nice but what do I do with a double bed lol.

Oh right need to decide fairly soon then :smile:
Original post by Yash13
Westwood rooms look spacious but I want ensuite :L

Yeah I don't like how small Solsbury court rooms are that's why I am looking at other options.

Woodland is nice but what do I do with a double bed lol.

Oh right need to decide fairly soon then :smile:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/application-help/index.html

^ More details, we can make an account tomorrow.

Thing is, will I even need the space? Gah. £4750 for a 38 week contract at Marl/Sols.
Reply 717
http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/application-help/index.html

^ More details, we can make an account tomorrow.

Thing is, will I even need the space? Gah. £4750 for a 38 week contract at Marl/Sols.

Awesome thanks for the link.

Lol I know what you mean. I think its best to go there and decide I am going this Wednesday :smile:
Original post by Yash13
Awesome thanks for the link.

Lol I know what you mean. I think its best to go there and decide I am going this Wednesday :smile:

When I went, we didn't get to visit any of the accommodation so I've only seen the outside.
Reply 719
I'd rate Solsbury/Marlborough higher than Woodland, much easier living with 5/6 people than it is with 15.

Quick Reply

Latest